His

How to be a Good Wife 101 (discontinued)

The mood in the church was solemn as the people present were diligently dressed in different shades of black. Chanyeol, clad in his black suit, held a bouquet of lillies close to his chest with his jaw tightly clenched.

Haera stood next to him, with her hands politely folded, right over left. They were at the altar again however, it was a different occasion today.

Chanyeol was being a man; unwavering even when they were praying for peace in his father's afterlife. Haera glanced up at Chanyeol and took note of his glassy eyes.

She reached out and gently took his hand as she gave him an encouraging squeeze to stay strong. He cast a blank stare at her and nodded his head as he tightened his grip around her hand. Haera's eyes magnified at his sudden action. He didn't want to let go of her hand. It made her feel as if she was a source of comfort for the grieving man standing right beside her.

After the whole procession was over, Chanyeol's sister offered to take their mother home as he and Haera had to attend a company party later that evening. 

"You sure you'll be okay?" Chanyeol asked his sister as he put an arm around his sobbing mother. 

"Stable enough to comfort mum."

Chanyeol nodded and kissed his mother on her temple. Haera bade them goodbye as she watched them get in the car and were driven back to their house. She turned to Chanyeol and noticed his quivering lips.

She immediately put her arms around his neck and pulled his head into her shoulder so that he could cry without being seen by the others.

"You can cry now. You've been very brave throughout. It's okay just let it out. I won't tell anyone."  

The moment she finished her last sentence, he began to sob uncontrollably. She could feel every ounce of despair he was feeling, how he was hurting so much on the inside just to put on a brave front for his family and friends. Haera drew comforting circles on his back with her palm.

She knew it was her duty to always stand by her husband and go through the tough times with him but Haera felt a sense of connection to her husband's feelings already. If he was sad, she was sad. And if he was happy, she was happy.

There was an unspoken connection between them which happened so quickly over a short period of time it was as if destiny had bound them together since birth.

She could feel the loneliness surge through his veins. Chanyeol had feelings too, he wouldn't be human if he was happy all the time.

And honestly, we are as indestructible as we believe ourselves to be. 

Chanyeol was someone who was almost indestructible, until someone he cared for was taken away from him and all those walls came crashing down and his mask just tore straight through.

This loss had pierced the veil between happiness and sadness in his heart. And the sharpness and density of this piercing has caused his once strong heart to shatter to pieces before his very own eyes. He was scarred beyond belief. His father, one and only father; gone like the wind. 

But even though he lost someone he cared deeply about, he gained one more. The fragile girl standing in front of him, a head shorter, had her arms tightly wound around his torso as he cried helplessly into her shoulder.

When everyone else is hurting because of his father's death, she was hurting because he was hurting and it plastered a piece of his heart as he realised that she truly did care for him.

Time is not a factor for the amount of care you have for someone. He barely knew this girl standing right in front of him but for some reason, he was so attached to her already, it's almost as if he was under a spell. 

He pulled away and glanced down at his feet. Haera wiped away the tears still streaming down his face as tenderly as she could and his eyes flickered up to meet her own.

He felt it.

The sincerity of her touch, how she really did feel sorry for him and how much it was hurting her to see him cry. She hesitantly cupped a hand on his jaw and he was slightly taken aback by her sudden burst of affection. 

"We should go back and take a rest before the event later." she gently suggested. Chanyeol sniffled and grabbed her hand; leading her to the car. 

**

 

Upon reaching the house, Chanyeol had shyly asked Haera if he could rest on her lap. She willingly obliged as they both sat on the couch in the living room. Chanyeol laid his head on her lap and stared up at her face.

The intensity of his gaze caused her to flush a bright red. Chanyeol's eyes started to droop once Haera started to weave her fingers through his hair. A few minutes passed before Chanyeol finally rested his tired eyes.

Haera watched him sleep peacefully as she gently run her fingers through his hair; her heart beating at an unusual rate.

Chanyeol had very defined features and she found him way too attractive for her liking; not that she was complaining; but the boy had such a nice face that any girl would faint just by looking at him. She felt proud to call him her husband.

 

Flashes of his childhood memories passed by behind his closed eyes.

"Haera! Wait for me! Let's go together!"

"Oppa! Where are they taking me!"

"Haera, no! You can't leave!" Chanyeol shouted helplessly as his short legs tried to catch up to their long ones.

"Chanyeol oppa! Help me!" her voice called out.

"Haera where are you going!" 

"Oppa!!"

"Haera don't leave me!" he reached out but the images in front of him blurred into nothingness. His breaths were short and quick as he panicked. He held onto his neck as he gasped for air and his eyes suddenly snapped open.

 

Another nightmare, and it wasn't even dark outside. His eyes glazed over the face of the girl who was hovering above him in worry. 

She sighed when she realised he was okay and she shook her head.

"I'm sorry I fell asleep and I- I didn't realise that you were having a nightmare, I just-" He pulled her into his embrace unthinkingly and buried his head into her neck. 

"I'm just glad you didn't leave." Haera blinked. Why would she leave him? He was her husband, her responsibility.

"Why would I leave you?" she asked as she gently patted his arms.

"I... I don't know..."

 

What exactly were the meanings of all these nightmares?

**

 

Chanyeol and Haera arrived at the party at seven on the dot. Chanyeol helped his wife out of the car and roamed his eyes over her body. She wore a simple sleeveless black dress which stopped at her ankles and her heels helped to boost her height.

Haera turned to Chanyeol and fixed his red tie and black blazer properly before she slid her arm through his. She looked up and Chanyeol and smiled shyly at him when she realised that his eyes were still trained on her. 

"What?"

"Nothing, I'm just... happy that I'm not doing this alone."

Haera gave him an adoring smile and he pulled her towards the direction of the entrance.

"Don't be intimidated by them, okay? They're just my co-workers and a few company heads and representatives." Haera felt the sudden burden on her shoulders. She should act like a good wife for Chanyeol so he doesn't feel embarrassed.

Haera held onto his arm with both her hands, showing how nervous she was the closer they walked towards the entrance of the ballroom. As soon as the tip of her heel touched the marble floor of the ballroom, all heads turned their way. Questions were thrown all around the room.

"Who's that girl with CEO Park's son?"

"Omo, she's such a beauty."

"I heard CEO Park's son got married, is it true?"

"Is that his wife then?"

"Omo they look so good together!"

Chanyeol and Haera immediately bowed towards the elders in the room. They all bowed back and gave him and gave him their condolences or a pat on the back. They went to look for their table amidst all the chatters going on. Chanyeol; being the gentleman he is, pulled out the chair for Haera and immediately heard gasps from the ladies nearby.

"Chanyeol, why are they so shocked about us walking in together?"

"Not everyone knows." he whispered as he sat down on his own chair. He looked at the placards set on the table and pursed his lips before he let out a sigh. They were sitting with the Jungs; Chanyeol's ex-girlfriend's family. He rubbed his temple in annoyance and turned to look at Haera as she stared at him in confusion.

"Something wrong?"

It was now or never.

"The people sitting with us later....I used to date their daughter." Haera's breath stopped short. She exhaled and tore her eyes away from his.

"Oh..." She should've known. Chanyeol obviously would have had ex-girlfriends because of his looks.

"Don't worry, it was all in the past. I have no feelings for her whatsoever." he tried to appease her but she merely nodded and stared at her hands under the table. Chanyeol was about to open his mouth to speak when a family of three approached the table, catching his attention. Chanyeol lazily stood up and pulled Haera up with him.

"Oh? Park Chanyeol," Mr Jung started as he enunciated each syllable of his name. "It's been a while."

"Yes it has. How's you company, CEO Jung?"

"Running very smoothly I must say. Oh and I heard about your father. My sincere condolences." Mr Jung bowed and the couple bowed back at him. 

"Chanyeol-ah~" Chanyeol inwardly groaned and held onto Haera's wrist tighter.

Haera's eyes were fixated on the girl in front of her. She had her hair tied up into a neat but and her stray strands of hair curled perfectly around her face. Her short red mini-dress ended mid-thigh and her six-inch stilettos looked as if they could be used as a weapon. 

"Chanyeol-ah," she whined as she grabbed onto his free arm. Haera eyed her movements and breathed in deeply to contain her anger. "Did you miss me?" she asked, completely ignoring Haera's presence.

"Not one bit." he replied icily.

"Awww don't be like that. We both know it wasn't you who ended the relationship. I'm willing to give it another shot with you, I mean look at you! So dashing in your suit and tie." She smiled sickeningly as she pulled him closer by his red tie. Chanyeol pushed her away and straightened his jacket again as he sat down first, the rest following suit.

"I'm glad we broke up, I don't think I'd be able to bear your personality for more than a year." Chanyeol whispered so that her parents wouldn't hear. Haera eyed them both before looking away; her heart clenching painfully. Chanyeol was about to introduce Haera when Mr Jung spoke up.

"So young man, who is this girl you have brought along for today's dinner meeting?"

"This is Park Haera and she's my-"

"." Chanyeol glared at the Jung daughter in anger.

"She's your , right? Oppa?" she smiled spitefully at Haera. Chanyeol was shocked at her assumption and remained silent for a few seconds. Haera felt a pang of hurt shoot right through her body.

Haera stood up and looked at the family. "Excuse me, I need to make a quick trip to the ladies'" she bowed and left the table in a hurry. Chanyeol palmed his face in frustration and jerked his arm away from the girl. 

"She's my wife. And I would appreciate it if you would refrain your daughter from poking into my personal business or I will see to it that Jung and Park corporations fail at a merger. Have a safe trip home." He bowed and gave one last glare at the astonished girl. 

Haera was his wife. What was he thinking about letting his ex-girlfriend touch him like that in front of his wife? Chanyeol shook his head and ran towards the exit. Luckily, he spotted Haera just halfway through the hotel lobby.

"Park Haera!" he called out and broke out into a sprint. Haera stopped for a moment before she realised who was calling her and she quickened her pace towards the main entrance.

"Hey." He grabbed her wrist and spun her around. "You said you wouldn't leave me."

She nearly broke out into tears when she saw his crestfallen state.She couldn't trust her voice at the moment but tried her luck anyway.

"You had other company." she choked back a sob.

"You said you wouldn't leave me." he repeated as he desperately searched her eyes for any trace of hurt. And he found it when her eyes glazed over with moisture.

"I'm just your right? Escorts can leave once they're done following you right?" A tear slipped out of her eye. The fact that Chanyeol didn't say anything back there hurt her.

"I told them off." he said as he took a step closer to her. "I told them you're my wife. And that their daughter should back off a taken man." he slipped his hands into hers and pulled her close. 

"I'm sorry. I was a second too slow in answering and I hurt you. I'm sorry." he apologised as he pulled her into his warm embrace. She nodded her head against his neck and secured her arms around his waist. Chanyeol pulled away and examined her face.

 

"What do you say we ditch this 'party'?" 

 

 

a/n: Hey guys!! Long time no update hahaha I just wanted you to check out the new trailer for this story (: Please comment lots I'd appreciate seeing your words of encouragement (: Hwaiting!!