His Dream Girl

How to be a Good Wife 101 (discontinued)

Chanyeol's POV

 

"Yeol! Come down here, there are guests waiting to meet you!" I heard my mother call.

"Y-yeah, I'll be right there." I was checking up on the stock markets for the week. I mumbled incoherent words to myself before closing the tab and rushing down to the living room.

Upon arrival, I saw my mother, along with another pair of females, sitting on the couches and chatting away. However, the girl, who who was sitting next to her mother was quiet and sat in a very formal and respectful manner. I cleared my throat and my mother and her friend turned their attention to me. The girl remained still as I bowed respectfully.

"Annyeonghasaeyo Park Chanyeol imnida." My voice was low and hoarse, and that caught the attention of the girl. She turned her head halfway towards me and her eyes widened, completely astonished by my voice which didn't match my baby-faced appearance. I watched as the girl stood up upon her mother's coaxing, and bowed respectfully. Her voice was soft and quiet.

"Annyeonghasaeyo, Kang Haera imnida." Her straight black hair fell gently against her shoulders as she looked up and thats when I got the chance to see her face. She had a slim v-line jaw, a high-bridged nose, big brown bedroom eyes and pouty lips. Her slender physique would make her look good in anything and she wasn't vertically challenged either; in fact, the top of her head reached my ears. And I'm 184 cm. 

Tall, slim and beautiful.

She was everyone's dream girl, including mine. What would such perfection like this be doing with a person like me? I turned my head to my mother and waited for her eplanation.

"Have a seat next to Haera, Chanyeol." my mother started and gestured towards the empty space next to the Haera girl. She immediately shifted to make more space for me. I took a seat next to her and couldn't help but notice how her long slender fingers curled around her cup of tea as she insecurely kept her eyes down, not sparing even a glance at me. 

"Chanyeol, you and Haera will be getting married in the next few weeks to come. We have been invited to many company parties for this year and we want the both of you to be there together. Since your father is undergoing chemotherapy for his stage four colorectal cancer, you're the only one who can be there to represent our family, you know that right, yeol?"

"Y-yeah, of course I do, omonim."

"Good. So I'll let Mrs Kang explain more about Haera." my mother smiled.

"Annyeonghasaeyo Chanyeol-gun. I am Kang Sooyeon and I am Haera's mother, but you can call me omonim." she smiled faintly. I bowed respectfully and continued to listen attentively.

"I believe you will find my daughter very satisfactory. She is one of Korea's best graduates of the Housewife Academy, in fact, she is the best. When I heard that your mother was having a problem finding an for you, I decided that I could help by offering my daughter as your wife. Now don't you worry, we're not looking for anything in return from your family. We just want our money and efforts of sending Haera to the academy to pay off by marrying her into another family. She may seem a little shy, but once you get to know her, she's a very lovely girl." Mrs Kang finished as she crossed her legs in a regal manner.

"So? How about it, yeol?" My mother asked. I used my side vision to glance at Haera when I noticed her look up. I turned my head to look at her and to my surprise, she looked back at me and if I wasn't mistaken, she actually smiled at me.

A simple smile could turn my whole life upside down.

I turned back to my mother and nodded my head slowly. "Sure, why not."

"Then its settled! We have all the preparations ready, all we have to do is call the wedding planners and we're all set for the wedding! When is the next company party you will be attending, Chanyeol-sshi?" Mrs Kang asked.

"In three weeks."

"Everything can be done by then! All that's left is to look for a house for the both of you. Come Heeyoung-sshi, I should show you the pictures for the wedding! Do you have a computer that I could borrow, around here?"

"Yes, its in the study room. Let's make our way upstairs, shall we? You kids can stay down here and get to know each other." My mother replied as they stood up to leave.

 

Then, it was just the two of us.

 

There was awkward silence for a few seconds before I cleared my throat to break the silence. I looked at her as she continued to stare at her cup of tea as if it were the most interesting thing in the world.

"So...Haera-sshi, how old are you?" I asked trying to start a conversation. She tore her eyes away from the cup and shyly looked at me.

"I just turned 20 on the 1st of January." 

"Ah..." I replied before the room fell back into silence. Another few seconds passed before, her gentle voice came from beside me again.

"What about you Chanyeol-sshi?"

"Well, I turn 21 on November the 27th."

"Ah...so you're older then me."

"Yep." Silence...again.

"So...Chanyeol-sshi...c-can...can I call you oppa?" I was stunned by her question. 

"Sure, of course. I mean...yeah." She lightly giggled at my answer.

"Okay then, you're my oppa." She giggled again and to see that smile on her face was priceless. She literally glowed when she beamed. The idea of a cold hearted ice princess quickly dissipated as I watched her still smiling to herself. I was staring at her longer than I should have and she seemed to have noticed that and quickly looked down to play with her fingers. 

"Hey, you don't have to be shy around me. You're making me all awkward." I admitted before I poked her side. She jerked and her cup of tea almost fell out of her grip.

"Omo, please don't do that again. I'm ticklish."

"No. I like to tickle people." I beamed and showed off my teeth. She opened to protest but she closed it back and merely smiled back.

"Haera, tell me. What are some things you like?" I asked as I shifted my body to face her.

"Well, I really like yellow. Its really cheerful and bright...and I guess I like to knit and sew and cook?"

"You're...such a girl. Tell me something nobody else knows." I pleaded. She widened her eyes and shook her head.

"Aww come one, I can keep a secret! I mean, since we'd be spending the rest of our lives together-" I faltered when I realised what I just said. She didn't seem to notice and gave me another smile.

"You're right." She gestured me to come closer and I did. She came close to my ear and I swear I could smell her perfume; Princess by Vera Wang.

"I like sports." she whispered as she pulled away. I blinked repeatedly in disbelief.

"So? That's kind of a normal thing for girls to like sports." She looked at me in confusion.

"Really? because nobody in the academy use to like sports. I grew a liking to sports when my father showed me how to play tennis."

"So, you like tennis?"

"Love it actually." she put her cup of tea on the coffeetable and folded her hands, right over left and kept her posture straight.

"But I never have anyone to play it with. My dad is always overseas, and my mother thinks sports is unsuitable for a girl."

"Have you ever played rugby?"

"Nope, but I'd love to try it someday. I like running, in general."

"Oh so you're a secret athlete."

"Emphasis on secret, which means my mother absolutely cannot know of these things."

"Don't worry, its a secret." I said as I pretended to zip my lips and lock it. Footsteps were heard as our mothers came back down into the living room.

"Looks good, Sooyeon. Everything will be prepared in time?"

"Most definitely."

"Hey youngsters, how was the bonding session?" my mother asked.

"Good." As I gave Haera a knowing smile. She bit back a smile and nodded her head in agreement.

 

Can't wait what's in store for me in the future.

 

a/n: Hey guys! How was the first chapter? Please comment a lot! I love you all <3