Way 9 - Pre-Party

Crazy Ways To Fall In Love

Way 9 : Pre-Party

 

“That was sad.” He said genuinely. “It felt real.”

“Don’t bother. It’s fake.. like us.” Seohyun smiled to him but it pierced his heart somehow. He’s not sure why.. maybe he just feeling possessive of her as after all he is her public boyfriend.

“Completely agreeing with that fact. Glad you are back to normal brat.” He said that out of hurt but he doesn’t know that she was expecting for a different answer.

“We are not a complete fake, that’s why we will meet each other parents without feeling like we completely lying to them right.” She asked him, but his eyes are more of a plead for help and he felt his heart dropped. Are they doing the right thing now? This is so wrong. Did she noticed it too?

“Haah? Are you saying you like me.”

“Don’t push your luck. I’m saying that, there are no scripts involve. We are playing ourselves, the people we met are real, the events aren’t planned out. So it’s not a complete fake.”

“Are you trying to erase your guilty conscience Seohyun?”

“Why do you care?”

“Because we are partners now, we need to trust in each other. Do you trust me?” Yonghwa asked her seriously looking straight into her eyes.

“I’m not sure.. I don’t trust people easily.”

“That aren’t too hard to be detected, it’s pretty clear if not you won’t be that guarded with the people around you.”

“Like I said a lot of times before, don’t you dare start judging me. I’m not liking it when I’m being the test subject.”

“You already are, the moment you step into the field you are taking now.” Yonghwa said with a note of sarcasm. “Huh, Miss Lawyer Big Shot.”

“So what? You going to publish the article regarding me again?” Seohyun are shooting daggers at him now. “And what’s that has to do with my lawyer history!?”

“You have quite a temper you know. I’m just saying what I saw.” Yonghwa said softly trying not to piss her off. He knew that he went overboard, he wasn’t supposed to say about her past and even her present. They aren’t that close at the first place.

“I don’t appreciate that.” Seohyun sighed.

“I know, I’m sorry okay? So sit down.” Yonghwa pulled her right hand and moved to give her more space. “I’m saying that because it seems that not enough people tell you that, people just used to follow what you wanted.”

“I’m happy with that.”

“Okay.. then it’s fine.” Yonghwa raised both of his hand in surrender. “I know, we are not even close.” Yonghwa mumbled under his breath but Seohyun still manages to hear it. She started to giggle, earning a ‘What the heck are you doing’ look from Yonghwa.

“Good then, that’s the usage for us meeting today. I guess your pit stop at my shooting location will be the start to us getting to know each other and oh we have a launch party tonight? Could you lend me a favor and be my date?”

“Why, should i?”

“Listen, we agreed in helping each other out right?”

“I know.. but I’m not fond of parties and I sort of have something going on for me that night.”

“You think, I LOVE it. Not at all.” Seohyun laughed. “I prefer staying at my house and read. You know normal activites but It just, when you are friends. You need to support them.” Seohyun smiled.

 

I need to get used to that smile of hers. She rarely smiles when she’s with me although she did it all the time in front of the cameras but this time it’s different. It felt like her smile is only for me. Oh man, what am I thinking about.

 

“Hey?” Seohyun waved her hands in front of Yonghwa’s face.

“Ohh sorry, just thinking about something else.”

“Wow, you really are something. How can you think of something else when I right in front of you. This never happens.”

“Should I take it as a compliment?”

“No, because I take it as a bruise on my ego.”

“Haha, you are funny you know that.”

“Thank you, I heard that a lot.” Seohyun started to tuck her hair in shyly.

 

It’s not like he’s saying that I’m pretty or a goddess so why am I feeling shy? It’s not ‘that kind of like’ it’s impossible.

 

“Guess what, I’m going then.”

“Good! If not I need to bring Jonghyun oppa as a plus one. Then more attention would be on me.” Seohyun sighed in a relief but Yonghwa started to frown feeling unpleasant hearing Jonghyun’s name from again.

“You can’t just be alone?”

“N0. I’m always with someone. Besides, he asked me out.”

 

Okay here comes her brat traits again.

 

“By the way, why more attention would come to you if you go with Jonghyun?”

“He’s not my ‘boyfriend’. You see my friends kept on asking me about you, why they haven’t seen us out in public if you are really my boyfriend and the fact that I haven’t introduce you to them is a bit of a letdown it seems. So I’m not giving them any chances to think otherwise by bringing you out.’” Seohyun eyes him slyly. “And it’s his album launch party.” Yonghwa eyes started to widen. “And I’m matchmaking my friend with him.” Seohyun nodded enthusiastically.

“So, do I really need to come to this party? Can I meet your friends without him.”

“You need to! He’s your friend, and one of the most important friends of mine. At least you will know someone there, but wait you are not into celebrities right? Aha! Wooyoung oppa will be there too.”

 

So now it’s the Range Rover, Lawyer guy.

 

Yonghwa just smiled reluctantly, he should explain to her his circumstances later on. It’s not that he didn’t want to but it’s hard. He really not feeling in the mood to be at the party but he is trying to be considerate after all those things he have done to poke her anger and cause her mood swings all the time. And it aren’t helping him that she’s being all giddy with him coming tonight at Jonghyun’s party as her plus one.

“Wait, before I go. Can you tell me about the dress code?”

“Dress code? You can wear whatever you want because you are my plus one. You are allowed to even be shirtless in the party.”

“MWOH?!?”

“Kidding.” Seohyun laughed at him. “Don’t be so damn serious all the time can’t you? Loosen your shoulder a bit, and enjoy life. Feel the breeze.” Seohyun winked at him. “Meet me up tomorrow before the party at 2pm? I’m going to your office.” Yonghwa are about to say no when Seohyun bitted her lips and flared her nose. “Noooo.. I will be waiting in front of it, not in it. Are you keeping some secret girlfriend under my nose that’s why you are not welcoming my presence in there?”Seohyun faked an angry tone

“It just. Uhmm.” Yonghwa paused not knowing what to say to her.

 

I’m going to get mob by your damn fans and I might lose my life ther, crazy girl.

 

“Kidding again.” Seohyun did a mehrong to him.“Goodbye then sir, I have some kissing scene to film too. Don’t be jealous, be happy that your girlfriend is wanted.” Seohyun puckered her lips as if trolling him around about the kissing scene at him and waved him a last goodbye before running towards her awaiting van. Unknowingly, Yonghwa waved to her non-stop until her van disappears from sight while grinning like a stupid person. He shook his head in denial and kept on convincing himself that this is nothing. That she’s nothing to him. It just…

 

I never saw that side of her and it’s pretty DARN CUTE.

 

***

 

“Hey Yonggie, you know.. uhmm my car sort of broke. Can you help me fix it.” Hyuna is playing with her hair making seductive voice.

“I’m sorry I need to meet up with someone. Ask Jungshin instead. JUNGSHIN?”

“Yea Hyung!”

“Help Hyuna out, her car broke down. I’m busy.”

“Busy with who, CHOI SEOHYUN?” Jungshin highlighted Seohyun's name for everyone to hear.

“Wooooooooo~”  The people in the cafeteria shouted at once in amusement and jealousy with the young guy luck.

“I come here first oppa. And her face is completely a surgeon work.”

“Don’t be cheap Hyuna. Please. It’s getting annoying.”

“Like that celebrity were ever that serious with you, I never even saw her here. Just once and it was like forever.” Hyuna rolled her eyes in annoyance. Murmurs filled in the cafeteria, that Jung Yong Hwa is cheating on Seohyun. That the announcement are just publicity stunt, even with Yonghwa trying to explain the situation to the people there, the hype won’t die down and it’s not helping him that Hyuna is clinging on him.

“Oppa?” Seohyun appeared out of nowhere seemingly looking for him in a casual jeans and a white oversized shirt with her hair tied neatly without any lose strand. “Annyeonghaeseoyo.” Seohyun bowed at Hyuna who is linking her arms with Yonghwa before starting to eye her up and down, smirking at the sight.

“What are you doing here?” Yonghwa removed Hyuna’s hand from his arm. “It’s not like what you think you see.” Yonghwa said, seriously.

“Oh that? I know you won’t bother with this kind of person. You are loyal Yonghwa sshi. Anyways, what’s with the commotion, hurry up. We are late!” The people quiet down and is trying to digest the fact that the famous Choi is standing in front of them while Hyuna is flaming with anger with Seohyun lack of response attitude towards her.

“OMG IT’S CHOI SEOHYUN!” People started to scream and Seohyun bowed to them politely signing their autographs smiling to the pictures when Yonghwa took her hand and started to lean towards her.

“On the count of 3 we must run. 1…2…3, RUN!” Yonghwa and Seohyun held hands as tightly as they could, and Yonghwa lifted Seohyun up his Ducati Monster motorbike, and jumped to the seat as fast as he could before starting the engine off.

“It was SO MUCH FUN! WOOHOO!” Seohyun shouted on top of her lungs.

“I COULDN’T AGREE MORE!” Yonghwa replied her shouting as it echoes through the street of Seoul.

Seohyun is unsure where to put her hands to ensure her safety so she awkwardly tucked Yonghwa’s shirt from behind. Yonghwa who is trying to hold in his laugh noticed her reluctance so he took both of her hands and wrapped it around his waist and both of them blushed, trying to clear their throat feeling awkward with each other.

“Uhmm.. Hey, where are we heading?”

“Lotte Store. After that junction turn to your left,  it’s near the ‘Colorful Fountain’.”

 

***

 

“We are here to pick up a suitable clothes for you Jung Yong Hwa sshi.” Seohyun showed him a branded clothing stores that is filled with celebrities pictures (apparently they bought it from there) and Yonghwa frowned.

“Don’t you think it’s too expensive.” Yonghwa said to her in a low tone.

“Don’t worry I’m the main model, and for the entire shopping centre in fact. So it’s free.”

“I can pay you know?”

“They won’t let you even if you want to, believe me. Next time, you can use your own money okay? We are in hurry. Sorry.”

“…”

“Yonghwa sshi?” Seohyun nudged the dazed Yonghwa who is busy staring at some poster.

“Ohh.. hmm you did that to everyone is it?” Yonghwa pointed at the hugging poster of her with Siwon.

“Haha! That’s my oppa. My big brother?”

“Oh. Annyeonghaeseyo hyung-nim.” Yonghwa bowed earning a hearty laugh from Seohyun.

“Seohyun sshi, why did you came in to my office building? Mainly the cafeteria. You promise you wait.”

“I know, but It took so long. I didn’t intend to interrupt whatever love line you have going on there but it felt unpleasant if you did that in front of public so I guess showing myself up will brush away those gossips before spreading.”

“Love lines?”

“Yes, I got it you are Mr Hottie in your office. No need to brag.” Seohyun rolled her eyes and went forward to the store.

“Hey! I didn’t even finished what I say!” Yonghwa screamed trying to grab her attention again.\

"Tell that to your HYUNA!"

"How did you know her name?"

"I just knew okay? So just shut up."

 

***

 

“That pink shirt would look fine with a brown shorts.” Seohyun sat on a luxurious chair while Yonghwa stood there like a log feeling that himself is being observed by all the eyes in the room.

“I don’t like pink.”

“Oh. Then how about the brown one, you can wear it with the blue jeans.”

“That would be great.”

“Okay, next pit stop! Your hairrrr.. yeah!” Seohyun dragged him off right after they received their shopping bag to the upper floor,  shop.

“This is not a saloon Seohyun sshi.”

“Of course, it’s a grocery store. Let me show you some of my skills.” Seohyun rubbed both of her hands trying to appear as an expert. “This is the hardest part.. trying to dip my hands in this sticky stuff.”

“Yes, it’s very hard.” The staffs nodded in agreement.

“It’s not.”

“Well it’s hard when Seohyun sshi is doing it.”

“Correct, that’s why I love you uhmm Mr Gongchan.” The cashier nearly fainted when he heard that coming from .

“Don’t say the word love easily Seohyun people will misunderstand.” Yonghwa said it as an advice to her.

“What?” Seohyun suddenly leaned closer to Yonghwa, closing the gap between those two.

“I love you” Seohyun said seriously making Yonghwa froze.

“Normal right?” Seohyun backed away from him as if it’s nothing, but Yonghwa felt himself turning hot and his heartbeats are turning irregular but she just continued with her hair exploration as if that meant nothing to her.

“PERFECTO..” Seohyun finished her last touch on Yonghwa’s hair.

“You look dashing. No wonder I date you!” Seohyun clapped her hand with excitement but still careful with the gel on her hands. The staffs once again nodded in agreement.

“Like we really are dating.” Yonghwa mumbled under his breath.

“Hey, you know. You pay for this gel.”

“GEL?”

“Yep.”

“You surely are random, Choi Seohyun.”

“Next time, you can do some makeover to me too. You know to be fair.”

“It’s unnecessary, you are pretty as you are.” Yonghwa said nonchalantly while Seohyun gulped and stared at him touched with what he said.

“WHAT?” Yonghwa tone suddenly turned louder feeling defensive with Seohyun deep hazel orbs gazing at him.

“Nothing.”

 

Author's Note

This is seriously just a filler chapter. :P Don't be mad... Like i said before i want this to be a slow paced story. So i'm doing exactly that. Just an interaction between both of them. They needed it. I mean they aren't the best communicator in the history right? I actually write and write and ended up with this one, i'm thinking to end it during the party which didn't happen because pre-party actually took a lot of stuff to be done before we get to the real stuff. 

In short, nothing 'really' significant. At least i give you Yongseo all the way ^^ but it's not cheesy, they haven't reach that stage yet. Be patient. Patience is a virtue after all. 

And oh! Loving all the comments you guys left here. Chapter 8 got far way comment than the previous chapter.. which is good ;)