Way 12 : The Man With Brown Hat

Crazy Ways To Fall In Love

Way 12 : The Man With Brown Hat

 

 

“Shut up!”

“I will but I know you are better than these. You are BETTER THAN THEM! You wanted more than this!”

“Who are you to judge them?”

“I’m one of those peeps remember? Judgemental, sarcastic, selfish, self obnoxious, materialistic..”

“SHUT UP! Not all of them are like that. Stop being so freaking pessimistic can you?”

“I will but I need to get out from here. I’m sorry but I have something to attend to.”

“Liar.”

“FINE! Say whatever you want to say” Yonghwa walked away throwing away his jacket to the road when Seohyun squatted down burying her face.

Suddenly Yonghwa stopped walking.“Come with me. Then you will know I’m not lying.” He turned his back and faced her. She lifted her head up. “You won’t shut up?”

“You know I won’t.” He approached her and squatted infront of her before lifting her up bridal style.

“This is kidnapping!” Seohyun moved her long legs, kicking in the air while her hand kept hitting his chest as a sign of protest.

“I would just marry you then.”

“YAA!”

***

Seohyun looked around from the car scared of what she’s seeing. They are now in an underground club at Ilsan. For her, all she sees is dark road, there’s barely no light, it looks really shady.

“Are you going to kill me?” She asked, quivering.

“Yes.” He leaned closed as she drew back.

“Yaa jasshik.” He ruffled her hair which makes her eyes widened in shock. Since when did they get so comfortable with each other is what have been bothering her mind. Yonghwa unbuckled his seatbelt and stared at the still tight lipped Seohyun. “You really not going to move?” He asked incredulously.

“Uhuh.” She nodded, scared.

“Are you that scared?” Yonghwa chuckled at the gloomy face Seohyun.

“Uhuh.” She bobbed her head up and down.

“What can I do to make you calm then?” He put both of his hand at his waist like what his mother always did to him when he got too whiny.

“Can I just not go in there?” She pointed cutely at the club going along with the flow looking like a little kid.

“Nope, you need to. I went to yours so you need to go into my life now. My friends has been asking around regarding you too much. They are starting to think me as a pathetic guy who got told by his girlfriend always.”

“But we are not even…”

“They don’t know that Seo Joohyun sshi.”

“Ahrasso.” She unbuckled her seatbelt and looked around like a detective before finally opening the car door.  Right at the moment she stepped outside of the car, the cold wind blew and she shivered. Her knees are shaking, so she stopped and turned away when she met with a strong build body. She slowly lifted her gaze and found Yonghwa staring at her, shaking his head. He turned her body to face the place again.

“You know, we first me at the club in London right? So why are you so afraid coming into one again.”

Krystal…

“The security aren’t ensure Yonghwa.”

“You have me.” He said it slowly but loud enough for Seohyun to hear.

“You are going to leave me too, like everyone else.”

“Why did you said so?”

“I’m a nuisance.”

“You surely are.” He smiled cheekily.

“It’s true right.. when the money is gone and when I become a grandma.. My face won’t be useful anymore.” Yonghwa looked at her, holding his laugh. Seohyun raised her eyebrows.. “What?!”

“I don’t know you have such inferiority complex.”

“It’s not.”

“It’s, kiddo.” He ruffled her hair yet again. “Who says I’m going to stick right here even before you become a grandma?”

“You won’t?” She looked at him with her puppy eyes, shining as bright as the star in the sky.. her milky white skin accentuates her sparkly eyes. He gulped feeling embarrassed all of sudden.. with blush forming on his cheeks. If it’s not for the darkness, she might already saw him blushing.

“Jasshik.” He laughed it off trying to appear cool, but he knew very well how his heart started beating.

“Why do you like to mess with my hair so much. You don’t know many hours I spend in the salon for this hair.” She pointed at her hair while still walking beside him.

“Your hair is silky, sometimes shiny too. I like shiny things and I can’t leave them alone.” He giggled knowing how silly his answer is.

"You really should start saying stuff that actually make sense." She grumbled.

***

 

Seohyun looked around and found it very surprising how Yonghwa is enjoying the scene and the song by dancing along compared to his rigid self, back then. Though, she must say that his dancing looked really funny. Pumping up his fist and doing a body wave like every single second. Who does that? Exactly, nobody. It’s funny really.. he looks so immature but still it seems like it doesn’t matter at all for him. He’s having a good time, so why doesn’t she? She doesn’t want to play the bad role here.

Seohyun was trying to move along with the rhythm and he can see that she’s trying. Her movement were precise and he can see that she’s a great dancer by the mere movement she made. It seems so fluid. He made sure to keep his eyes on her, but he’s losing her among the crowd.

He tried to push around to reach her again. She let her hand out, inaudibly screaming for his name. The music is too loud.. and he’s losing her. He’s getting more anxious when he saw a suspicious guy wearing a brown hat approaching her so he unconsciously started to scream her name, scared of losing her.

“SEOHYUN!” Suddenly the music stopped. All eyes are on him, and he couldn’t care less, he ran towards her who is looking daze.

Flashback

Seohyun just finished her recording session at MBS that midnight, but she left her purse upstairs so she went up along with her manager unnie. Her manager unnie walked quite fast to catch up with their next schedule which she struggles to follow due to her tiredness. She found herself lost as she didn’t recognize where she are anymore. Her manager unnie was no longer in sight. She was in an unfamiliar building, a building that is actually close to public. How engrossed in her tiredness must she be, not to notice which way she walked. Suddenly, she heard some noise coming from a red door.. so she stopped her steps. The door was slightly open as if tempting her to take a good look of what’s happening inside, so she did.

“HELP!” The girl screamed over and over again. Seohyun closed trying to hold her shock of what’s happening at the screen. The shock aren’t over yet when she realized it was Krystal who is screaming, Krystal. Jessica’s sister who she hasn’t seen since last year.

“Help..” The girl said weakly when a knife stabbed her chest. Krystal closed her eyes, unconscious of the blood spilling from her body forming a pool of blood at the floor.

The video suddenly turned into black and white.

Her knees trembled seeing how real the scene is. She assumed it’s due to CG effect but it was so surreal and suddenly tears started to uncontrollably fell down from her eyes, she felt her heart hurting. Her gut instincts is asking her to call Jessica to ask about Krystal.

She walked to the lift, when she heard a guy asked..

“Who’s there?” With a stern tone but she’s already on the lift.

She never got a chance to call Jessica.

And when she did have one, she decides that it just Krystal acting in a film.

She heard the news that Krystal is in a comatose state, but she heard it’s because of suicide. She never went for a visit because her grandfather is in the States for a surgery.

And when she came back, Krystal was pronounced dead due to self harming and mental diseases.

She stood there frozen for a moment when she finally noticed how the crowd freeze looking at them. All she could think of is to cover her face and to fasten her walk to reach his hand, his warm big hands. He grabbed her waist and encircled it. He strengthened his hold on her when the brown hat guy came closer to them, the music started again but people still kept on murmuring seemingly noticing how familiar she is.

He looked around but the brown hat guy is not in his sight anymore, he side eyed Seohyun who is breathing heavily and sweating.

“I’m sorry.” He leaned and whispered at her ears.

“It’s okay.. I know you are here.” She encircled her arms at his waist tightly as he did to her. Ignoring their close proximity.

“Minhyuk ah!” Yonghwa patted behind his dongsaeng’s back.

“Oh hyung!” Minhyuk grabbed his hyung for a bro’s hug.

“Minhyuk, this is Seohyun. Seohyun this is Minhyuk.”

“Anyeonghaeseyo.” She bowed to Minhyuk.

“Woahhh… I can’t believe this Choi Seohyun come here. If she really did then Seohyun sshi you really must be head over heels for my hyung right here.” Minhyuk winked at Seohyun which made him earned a smack on his head from Yonghwa.

“Ahh yeea.” Seohyun smiled awkwardly.

“Seohyun ahh. This song right here. This is Icky Thump by White Stripes. It’s a real classic I tell you.” Yonghwa leaned on to make sure she heard what he said.

Seeing how tense Seohyun is still, Yonghwa dragged Seohyun to where most of the crowd stands to enjoy the live bands performing. He started to jump and asked for her to do the same as he did. Minhyuk joined both of them in their jumping spree.

“This is how indie rocks works, Seohyun sshi. I know that you are only use to mainstream music.”

“Haha, Minhyuk don’t underestimate her. She went to this kind of place many years ago even though it seems that she doesn’t even know of this kind of stuff.” Seohyun suddenly burst into laughter finally finding it comfortable. Maybe she’s too paranoid.

“Yonghwa..” Shin Hye called out from a far, with a man on her arms. Yonghwa turned and looked at her.. and then at the guy. His mood are ruined, that’s the same man she’s cheated with back in the days when she’s with him.

“Shameless.” Minhyuk mumbled but Seohyun heard it so she eyed Yonghwa worriedly. Seeing how anger took control of him, she felt a certain rage. She grabbed Yonghwa waist from the back, and hug him.

“Don’t go.” She said. “I know you are hurting.”

“I need to.” He unwrapped her arms that is hugging him, slowly and as gentle as possible.

He walked away when he noticed the man in the brown hat again. He looked back and saw Seohyun..

“Seohyun duck!” He screamed, Minhyuk who’s his co detective before know the cue so he ran towards the guy while Yonghwa pulled Seohyun in for a hug.

‘BANG!’

Yonghwa body weakened, so Seohyun tightened her gripped. His body felt cold.. she fell with him to the floor with his body crushing her. She felt a warm liquid, she instantly knew what it is. She cried, still hugging him.

“Don’t go. Can’t you hear me? I said don’t go..” She quivered trying to find his warmness.

Somewhere…somewhere.. Just any sign of him, alive.

 

 

 

Author's Note

I know it's a very late update. I was too busy updating Arrogant Stranger and honestly i don't find any decent ideas to write this chapter. So here you go, uhmm the main reason i'm trying so hard to update within this week is because my hectif life will start again next week. 

So yeah be prepared for the snail like update.