Way 7 : A Toy To Play With

Crazy Ways To Fall In Love

Way 7 : A Toy To Play With

 

‘Clack..clack..’ A sound of heels can be heard inside of the building approaching their little office. Min Jung ran out of her little office at the corner to welcome that person in.

 

“Jung Yong Hwa.” She smirked as she took a peek inside the office door before walking away again.

 

“Oh no.. I should have known.” Then the security guards grabbed him and dragged him into a small room.

 

“Not just that, you need lots of them if you want to keep him contain.”

 

Keeping that in mind, specialized bodyguards came like a storm to make sure he didn’t run. As he thought she got all under her plans so it’s no use in retaliating.

 

“I have something to announce…” Yonghwa is now thrown out of the door.

 

“I’m dating that guy over there. His name is Jung Yong Hwa.”

 

***

 

“Grandpa!? Are you okay?”

 

“GRANDPA!!!” Siwon screamed out through his phone in panic seeing her grandfather irresponsive for a while.

 

“I’m fine.”

 

“So why are you being quiet?”

 

“Open your phone and start googling for you sister news. Maybe I can finally get some grandkids. Hahaha. I’m so happy.”

 

“WHAT?!? She’s dating? Is this even the time to do so?”

 

“I don’t mind that, I’m happy. I can finally let her go in peace.”

 

“Grandpa…. Don’t start getting softer to her you know I can’t be strict with her. Please don’t do that, you know how she might behave if you pampered her again.”

 

“Shut up Siwon. Come back faster to meet this amazing man that knock some sense into my granddaughter.”

 

“Grandpa, the case?”

 

“It’s better, she has someone to protect her now.”

 

***

 

“This is what you are asking me to watch? With YOU?” Yoona stood up and looked at Tiffany in amazement. “You know about this all along and you let it happen? Are they real?”

 

“You said you won’t care Yoona yahh.” Tiffany smirked victoriously.

 

“Hmph.” Yoona huffed and sat again. “I did not!”

 

“Whatever.” Tiffany closed the TV and went back to magazine reading.

 

“So since when? Are they r..real?” Yoona stuttered with her question causing Tiffany to burst out with laughters.

 

“You did care. Hahahaha.” Tiffany tries to reach for her phone in her pocket when she felt her phone vibrating. She slides the button when she let out a small sound of “No way right.”

 

From Jessica.

 

Yaaa! Get Hyunnie to meet me once I come back. I’m coming back right away on the next flight available. My brother is so messed up so it’s a no for them! Get it! Does she or even him forget what history that WE have? Aigooo. These two people.

 

“HER BROTHER!?!?” Both Yoona and Tiffany screamed out in shocked.

 

“What the heck exactly is wrong with Sica? She left not contacting us at all and this! What is this?” Tiffany pointed at her phone in horror.

 

“Okay, this is really mess up. Taeyeon might come back along with her.”

 

“Why?”

 

“The case is re-opening”

 

“No. I knew she’s going to do that. I knew she will make it reopen somehow. Do you think Joohyun is really that irresponsible Yoona? Why are you treating her that way from the beginning is already weird for me. You knew her first rather than all of us you should understand her better. The thing is WHAT ABOUT THIS GUY?”

 

The camera stopped flashing with the sudden announcement by Seohyun. Yonghwa nearly stumbled down when Seohyun came forward clasping their hand together.

 

“It’s true. We are keeping it quiet because he is afraid that he might hurt my career and I was afraid that his privacy might be disturbed. But well we grew tired of secrecy. Love aren’t supposed to be kept quiet he once said to me.”

 

The quiet atmosphere now was filled with murmurs when a guy shouted. “Tell us more! Where are you from, mystery guy?” Yonghwa just looked around him in a dazed while Seohyun giggles in amusement. Seohyun nodded to a guy at the corner of the room signaling something that Yonghwa can’t seem to understand.

 

“There’s no question allowed, the press conference end here.” A guy from Seohyun’s side said it sternly, getting her signal. He might be her manager but Yonghwa can’t help but wonder why aren’t the people working on her side makes sure that their product in this case, Seohyun being kept under control and not to do silly stuff like this. He ceased a frown and gave a questioning look to Seohyun. She smiles back and sneakily says something under her breath.

 

“I told you to make it right. But you don’t.” Seohyun pulled her hand away in purpose and waved it to the reporters who have been going crazy with the sudden news that they got in their hands. He bitted his lips, nervous that his secret identity might be exposed by this sudden exposure that he has gotten himself in. He went forward ignoring the crowd trying to touch him and question him every moment they could following the giggly Seohyun in front of him about 10 meters away when she turned back at him face palming her own face. She forgot something. She offered her hand to be held by him but she just got ignored by the zombie looking Yonghwa so she just took his arm and put it around her shoulder.

 

As soon as they arrived in an empty room, Seohyun touched Yonghwa’s arm with her handkerchief that she kept inside of her pocket and with disgusted face removed it from her shoulder. She put her hands on her back and leaned on feeling weird that he never said any words to her.

 

“Hey. Mr?!? Woke up!” She screamed. Yonghwa saw a blurry figure in front of him so he shook his head, and rubbed his eyes to see Seohyun standing just inches away from him. He took a step back, remembering what actually had happened. He continued backing off until his back hit the wall while Seohyun just chuckled with amusement looking at him.

 

“The fudge!??!” He screamed before turning his back on her and slammed the door.

 

“Hey!” Seohyun feeling a bit guilty tries to catch up with him when her phone rang stopping her on her tracks.

 

“Here it comes.” She sighed.

 

***

 

“Bring him to meet me. Fast!”

 

“Harebeoji…” Seohyun whines cutely stomping her feet and linked her arms with her grandfather.

 

“We are just new at this. Don’t you think it will pressurize him more.”

 

“See, this girl! You are just toying with him right. So why do you announce it publicly!?” Her grandfather looked at this girl full with amazement.

 

“Yes, im playing with him for fun.” Seohyun answered completely not lying.

 

“Yaaa! This BRAT! I don’t care don’t you dare break up with him for god knows whatever reason in such a short time. You announce it yourself so take responsibility for it.”

 

“So y..you will give me back my old life? I can live outside again if I really find someone.”

 

“YAA!” Seohyun closed her ears in shock.

 

“Geez, grandpa. Can you give me a warning first before screaming.”

 

“What happened to the little girl that is full with responsibilities before? D..did I do something wrong to make you become like this. What have I done wrong to you Seohyun to make you behave like this to me? I’m sorry if I stop you from coming forward before.”

 

“You are not sorry for that grandpa. You are not.” Seohyun walked away from her grandpa study room and closed the door in hurried holding back her tears. She takes a last look at her grandpa and closed her eyes. “You know fully well not to stab the wound that never heal grandpa. You know it.”

 

“Seo Joo Hyun!”

 

3 hours later..

 

“Where is Seohyun?”

 

“Upstairs Sir.”

 

“Ahrasso, did she eat yet?”

 

“No, she did not.” Her grandfather heaved a deep sigh and left his briefcase on the couch and went up the big stairs full with frame decorations of all family members of the Choi’s. He opened the door slowly to see his favourite granddaughter sleeping on the floor in the dark.

 

“Should I carry her Sir.” A butler in his mid 30’s asked the old man.

 

“Nevermind, she’s my granddaughter after all. I should do that. You guys can rest now.” He went forward and carried his granddaughter when he felt a cracking sound of his bones so he chuckled slowly feeling the pain and how pathetic the time has caused him to be. He gently let Seohyun down when she starts to whine cutely like the little girl he used to cuddle in his embrace 10 years ago. He tucked in the blanket to cover her cold feet.

 

“Someday I hope that your husband can do this for you.”

 

How peaceful she looks just like her late mom. She has nobody now, he was supposed to be there for her. What had he done to her? He’s shaking, trying to bury his guilty feelings inside of him. He held her hand.

 

Flashback

 

“Harabeoji do you believe in fairytale?”

 

“Wae, why are you asking me this?” That old man lifted that 5 years old girl and make her sit on his lap.

 

“If I can I want to find someone like you.”

 

“Why not your dad, why me?” He chuckled.

 

“Because, I never see my dad. I just see you.”

 

“But I said how god love him more right?”

 

“I know… Then can I marry two?”

 

“Hahahahah. You can’t!”

 

“I want a mix of the two then.”

 

“Good girl.” He patted Seohyun’s head lovingly.

 

“Hehe, of course because I want to be a lawyer when I’m big so I can help people.””

 

15 years later.

 

“Seohyun, see I saw the fairytale book you like.. It’s in the storage but the maid said you want to burn it.”

 

“Well, I don’t see any usage of it. I’m going first grandpa.”

 

“Where?”

 

“Some photo shoots I guess.”

 

“You are not investigating the thief case?”

 

“Am not. It’s so easy. They pay me, I’ve done my job.”

 

“You shouldn’t do that.”

 

“But then why won’t you let me be the witness for Krystal case Harabeoji!”

 

“They threaten to kill you pabo ya!”

 

“You have powers right?!?”

 

I did not Seohyun. I was in the brink of bankruptcy.

 

“Grandpa is very sorry to not be a perfect role model for you. I’m sorry. I just wanted things to become normal again but it seems that you don’t want it to happen. You can’t even look me at the eyes properly. What happen to ‘family’ Seohyun? What happen to it.” A tear role down his cheeks, he sniffed and wiped it off. “Have a good night Seohyun ahh. Have a good night and please lead a great life so I can die peacefully.” Seohyun eyes fluttered and opens completely when she felt her grandpa planted a kiss on her forehead that accompanied with tears. She closes her eyes and felt an extreme guilt.

 

***

 

I’ve been searching for you. O..ppa.” She said evilly. Jung Yong Hwa ignored her and went back to work. Typing on his laptop like nothing ever happen earning a gasp from everbody who is watching them.

 

She looked at him angrily nearly letting out a scream. She took a deep breath to calm down herself and went towards his table

 

“I said to apologize, why don’t you? It’s so easy. My life has now officially messed up due to you.”

 

“It doesn’t give you any right to come here barging in, making a scene when everybody is working. Have you ever thought that your actions is disturbing someone else peace.” Yonghwa said still not removing his eyes from his laptop screen.

 

“Said the one whom is sleeping just now.”

 

“Hey!” He stood up.

 

“What!” She took a step forward and ready to bicker with him when she noticed all eyes are on them.

 

Damn it. I forgot. We are in public.

 

So she leans on and planted a chaste kiss on his cheek. That poor guy froze right on spot and blushed fervently.

 

“I just wanted to say I miss you. I’m going to be very busy so I might will not contact you for a few days.” She pouted and looked around to see the people’s reaction. “It’s your lunch break right, so can I borrow you for a while. This is emergency.” Seohyun pulled Yonghwa’s hand and make their way outside to the rooftop. Yonghwa whose soul apparently left his body went out with her just moving along with her.

 

“Earth to Yonghwa!”

 

“Uhh.. Oh earth to me. So what exactly do you want after ruining my entire life huh?”

 

“I don’t know, I think saying sorry is what I’m trying to do.”

 

“SAYING SORRY BY KISSING ME! SAYING SORRY BY MAKING A SCENE?”

 

“Ara! Ara. No need to shout!”

 

“Aish.” Yonghwa gripped on the railing tightly in anger. “You know, my mom call me and she sounded so freaking happy hearing that I’m finally dating when I’m actually NOT! She even asked me to bring you to meet her. She’s sick so how am I supposed to reject her? When I once had canceled to introduce my mom to my girlfriend before. You know how devastated she is?”

 

“Your mom, you got a mom?”

 

“I do! What kind of question is that. Don’t you have a mom too?”

 

“No, I d..don’t.”

 

“Ohh. Sorry.” He looked down on his feet feeling guilty.

 

“I thought everyone knew that.” She laughed awkwardly, “I guess you are not one of them. Can we just start again. Without shouting on each other throats. I know I’m such a disappointment even to my grandfather, my brother, my family this must be shocking news to you but I was once dependable actually. I did not know what had happened. What the heck make me change so drastically.” Yonghwa curved into a gentle smile as he finally had seen some sincerity coming from this girl.

 

“Ahrasso, I’m Jung Yonghwa. And I’ve got a secret to tell that might relief you from your burden. I’m the son of this company that I’m working in. But I ran from home and my dad Is trying to tie me up in here instead.” He chuckled awkwardly letting out a hand to shake with her hand.

 

"I'm Seohyun just Seohyun" Seohyun smiled cheekily in return, grabbing his hand and shook it. "Eh wait, are you Sica's unnie brother!?”