Way 11 : Too Fast

Crazy Ways To Fall In Love

Way 11 : Too Fast

 

“Yonghwa?!? Hey? Stop making me worry and ANSWER ME DAMN IT!” Seohyun screamed through her phone.

“Everyone knows you’re a paparazzi dude. Just out of respect for Seohyun they shut their mouth up” He laughed mockingly while the girl trying to stop Yonghwa.

“WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?!” Yonghwa grabbed him by the collar and lifted him up. “You think I’m weak huh? I’m master of 3 different self-defenses. Boxing, taekwondo and karate.”

“So what are you waiting for then?” Yonghwa bitted his lips out of anger and his hand are starting to form into a fist readying himself for a punch.

“I ASK YOU WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR!” This is enough. Yonghwa have enough with this crowd of people. Lack of decency, a total animal. His fist is now starting to fly through the air.

 “Yonghwa sshi what are you doing stop it!” Yoona who saw the scene tried her best to pull Yonghwa from the guy.

“SLAM!” Yonghwa knuckles hit the wall when he started to groan painfully when a punch hit his stomach and send him flying. That guy smirked and looked down at the laying Yonghwa.

“Don’t you dare mess with us, we are different from guys like you. Mark my words dude.” He snickered.

‘SPLASH’ The guy were drenched with water. He wiped the water off him angrily. “Who’s that?!?”

“It’s me. And who do you think YOU ARE?” Seohyun threw the glass that she used to splash the water at the guy to the road.

“Low creatures.” She eyed him disgustingly when she helped Yonghwa up along with Yoona help with Jonghyun running out of the door as he was following Seohyun from the back all along after Seohyun received a call from Yoona.

“Mark my words, if I see you hanging around him I will make sure you never ever step in this kind of place EVER AGAIN.” Seohyun put his arms around her shoulder where she noticed how angry his eyes look which made her shivered because he were never like that with her.. even with his cold demeanor she will see a hint of warmness in his eyes but there was none in this. He was indeed angry. “And you! You should have just hit him pabo ya! See what you did to yourself” Yonghwa turned his head to Seohyun when he noticed she looking at him worriedly, he smiled. Unknowingly but shook it off immediately.

“I will take care of him Seohyun ah. Hyung.. good job if you hit him you might be in the headlines tomorrow. Her image will be tarnished.”

“You think I care about that? It’s a basic self defense you should have protected yourself. I know you.. you can do it if you want to.” Seohyun said. “You don’t have to worry about my image, I’m nothing to you remember?” She mumbled loud enough for Yonghwa to hear with Yoona getting quite a few words out of it like ‘I’m nothing to you.’ Which she frowned at but chose to keep silent.

“Not even a friend?”

Seohyun kept her silence.

***

He joined in with her group of friends who has been asking him regarding the accident that happened earlier, he felt really uncomfortable at first but they never asked him regarding any personal question especially with his personal life just some frequent glares from Wooyoung but he did notice some other thing how Seohyun talked giddily to everyone but not Yoona who was gone right after he reassured them that he was alright and he can continued the night without a hitch. There were something amiss with them but he doesn’t know what and Seohyun seemed silent.

Still, he knew he was at the wrong place. He was supposed to be there to celebrate his close friend Minhyuk’s birthday and the first thing Jonghyun talk to him was about that.

“What are you doing here instead of going to Minhyuk’s? Is Seohyun that important to you?” The first sentence that Jonghyun spoke pleasantly at him which he felt that it was an achievement.

“DANCE!” The group cheered in excitement as a punishment for them because apparently they didn’t like the fact that they weren’t sitting side by side looking lovey dovey enough as a couple. He at dancing but she had asked him to just nod along the music while putting his hand on the pocket and let her do the job which she did brilliantly and mind blowing to him. She took his hand and danced around him making him move along with her.

There was no doubt, she’s a good dancer. And for the first time, he understood how this is her world. How different she is around them.. a persona. Well, a star. He got it, this was her life.. but she seemed distance sometimes like when she’s talking to the people outside her circles mingling.. but with distance like they were about to use her. He understood it very well because he was the same when he attended functions under his family name.

It was his life.. and it might be his life again soon but he knew he was just wearing a façade before. And he did not like it at all.

Deep inside, he wanted to show her, his world. Where he knew that she belongs there more than she did here because all he see is a girl running away from her true self.. because he saw how she stop to read the news not entertainment but the real deal.. criminal records, news and complaint about what the law did wrong this time and she started to sprout all of the criminal acts that they should used.

He knew she was longing to help people but who is he to interfere. He knew nothing about her. Nothing.

“Hyung.. Yonghwa hyung thank you for coming here.” Yonghwa nearly dropped his drink that he was busy offering to Seohyun who has been dizzy with the crowd. She said it earlier she were never fond of parties and that she went only for social requirements and she drink only for those purposes. He guess that its right looking how she has been keeping most of it to herself. People said it’s for exclusivity but it seemed that she doesn’t really like feeling losing control of herself in front of so many people.

“Yeah I and Yonghwa hyung were a very good friend with each other so I’m really glad that he’s with Seohyun now. I know that he will take a very good care of her because he’s a great guy who’s really modest despite being brought up in luxury. His manners are still there and his face are groomed well by his parents..” Jonghyun chuckled in amusement. “He and I were in a band before, I thought the one who will succeed is him but he stop halfway because he just think of this as a hobby and he wanted to be working as something else but he’s damn talented and he’s the one who teaches me all the stuff that I knew now. Thank you hyung.. I know you didn’t like this kind of stuff but you come. Maybe because Seohyun will be there beside you so you didn’t mind it that much.” He smiled showing off his infamous dimples.

“Have a great night!” Jonghyun shouted when Yonghwa quickly left the crowd despite being applauded by so many people.

“So I guess you are not that bad Jung Yong Hwa.” Wooyoung patted Yonghwa’s back when he met him in front of the men’s toilet. Yonghwa faked a smile and went forward.

“He’s bad.”

“Oh shut up dude.” Wooyoung headlocking the drunk Minho.

“Be happy for your cousin.”

“I like you better for her. She’s been harboring such a long time cru…”

“SHH” Wooyoung pulled the drunk Minho ears and dragged him to sober him up. Yoona who noticed the scene approached the crest fallen guy at the corner.

Yoona walked over the scene whistling to herself although the sound of her whistles are drowned out from the loud music that is playing on the background. She danced her way to the crowd ignoring how Yonghwa is staring at Wooyoung and then at Jonghyun. He looked so deadpanned but still he uttered a “hello” to Yoona who doesn’t seem to care about his existence.

Truth to be told he saw Yoona kissing Jonghyun before after he and Seohyun left. He seriously don’t get any of this, it’s like a complicated circle of people hiding around people close to them.

“Hello.” Yoona frowned before raising an eyebrow looking at Jonghyun. The same direction he was observing earlier on and she turned to look at the drunk Minho. She shrugged it off not wanting to involve in this weird situation especially after what she heard before. The Yonghwa guy, she knew something was off when she accidentally met him before. Why do Seohyun even bother caring to disturb him life or something. Clearly something was off.

“Jonghyun and his obsession with Seohyun? Is it that obvious?”

“It is.”

“I don’t think it is though. It got your reputations up and shut their babbling mouth up.. solve any kind of future fights.. they will know your background which will make them stay away from you. Seohyun got another point in her resume too.” Yoona stood, holding the rail while observing the people downstairs. “He’s just being angry and mad.”

“Why are you so sure?”

“Because, if he knew Seohyun much better than anyone does, it’s not the same case with her. I knew him more that Seohyun does because she practically was busy running away from her own drama than observing things around her. I think you notice it about her.”

“Why are you talking mean things about Seohyun but somehow it sounded like you were praising her. What’s the deal with both of you?”

“Ex best friend.” She chuckled. “Stuff happened. The rest please ask Seohyun.”

“I can’t”

“Because you are nothing? LOL Seohyun won’t let you in if she didn’t trust you. You are the only one who made the circle after so many years. You are something to her but she’s always like that.. that was the thing that eating her. Her mask that she’s so keen on wearing. The burden that she insist on carrying. I’m worried so I hope you take a very good care of that kiddo if not I will kill you myself. I mean it.” Yoona looked at him seriously when suddenly she curved into a smile.

“Have fun by the way!” Yoona walked away when he saw Tiffany was walking behind Yoona. She looked back and said something to him “Yonghwa sshi are you that stupid to realize how Minhyuk love your sister in the past. I know because I kept seeing him around her with some flowers. Yes I know you are Jessica’s brother. Tell your big sister I said hi. If again you are not aware of it, your sister already reached your house.”

“I know.” He mumbled.

***

“Seohyun.. you know I miss those time when we worked together. I’m still waiting for that.” Wooyoung talked with Seohyun at the corner of the club when Yonghwa went off to the toilet.

“Oppa I like you and I know you know it. Very well. It was a very obvious crush but if you still so stuck up with Taeyeon unnie I don’t mind if you want to talk but seriously if you keep mentioning about being a lawyer you might as well be in the hatred section.”

“Krystal case was just a mistake Seohyun ah!”

“A mistake that make my heart weep in agony!”

“It’s just a case.”

“It’s not!” She threw glares at Wooyoung. “She’s Jung Krystal.” A tear rolled down her cheeks which made Wooyoung moved his hand trying to reach for her cheeks to wipe it off for her when Yonghwa came wearing a stern expression. He grabbed her waist and kissed her cheeks where the tears stain is and dragged her unwillingly outside.

“What are you doing? Let me go.. IT HURTS!” Seohyun tried to shake Yonghwa’s hand that is holding her wrist.

“Stop running then!” Yonghwa grabbed her and leaned in closer, staring right into her round hazelnut orbs.

“I’m not.” She stop their gazing fight and looked at the side, blushing madly to herself.

“You obviously are Seo Joo Hyun.”

“Not that name.. please not that name.”

“You pick it up yourself saying you wanting normalcy”

“Shut up!”

“I will but I know you are better than these. You are BETTER THAN THEM! You wanted more than this!”

“Who are you to judge them?”

“I’m one of those peeps remember? Judgemental, sarcastic, selfish, self obnoxious, materialistic..”

“SHUT UP! Not all of them are like that. Stop being so freaking pessimistic can you?”

“I will but I need to get out from here. I’m sorry but I have something to attend to.”

“Liar.”

“FINE! Say whatever you want to say” Yonghwa walked away throwing away his jacket to the road when Seohyun squatted down burying her face. Suddenly Yonghwa stopped walking.

“Come with me. Then you will know I’m not lying.” He turned his back and faced her. She lifted her head up. “You won’t shut up?”

“You know I won’t.” He approached her and squatted infront of her before lifting her up bridal style.

“This is kidnapping!” Seohyun moved her long legs, kicking in the air while her hand kept hitting his chest as a sign of protest.

 

“I would just marry you then.”