Hit Call

Blind Song

 

 As we ran I felt the air get cooler. I whacked the person who'd grab me as hard as I could on his waist. "Help! Help! Eomma! Help! Call the cops! Help!" I shouted. Finally the person stopped, but still clung to my wrist. It seemed like we were in an isolated area, like an ally maybe. It smelled of smoke and garbage. I assumed we must be near a factory. I whacked the person hard on the top of the head. "Let go!" I screamed. "Aish! Stop hitting me that hurts!" It was the same voice of the boy at the concert. "You should be thanking me! I just saved you!" He whined. Ricky?! The person who dragged me was Ricky?! "I'm so sorry!" I bowed apologetically. He sounded so childish, unlike at the concert. He was so mature and kind then. It was silent for a second, then I realized he must be examining me. "Phwoo!" He blew on my face. I put my hands to my cheeks embarrassed. What a sight I must be, I had dressed myself. "Aren't you...Ah! You're that girl from the fansign!" He said, he sounded like he was surprised himself. "Um...why are you dressed like that?" He asked. I felt flustered and bowed again, "I'm so sorry!" Stop being cheesy! This is so awkward! I mentally face palmed myself. "I...dressed myself...." I said shamefully. Then I realized the situation I was in- I didn't know how to get home. I was stuck in an unfamiliar place. I was scared, blind, and lost. "Ya! Why'd you grab me? Don't you remember the fansign? I'm blind!" I hit the air aiming for him but missed. 
 
Ricky's POV:
What do you do when you're hiding from fangirls in an ally with a blind girl? I don't even know why I grabbed her hand. I just did. Saw this blind girl frantically waving her stick around and feeling along a fence to get away. I just reached out and grabbed her. It was only when I got a good look at her face that I realized who I had grabbed. Why did I grab her? She must think I'm some creepy murderer who kidnaps the vulnerable! I don't want that! I'm such a bad person    T~T  
She hit me again. "Ya! Just because I'm blind doesn't mean I can't defend myself!" She started hitting me on the back of my head with her fists. "Hajima! Hajima!" I whined. Then I had an idea, I pulled out my phone and dialed Ljoe's number. "A-ah Ljoe ya *whacked* can you *whacked* come down to *whacked* Market Kim's? *whacked repeatedly* I'm in the ally *whacked* across the street *bit* YA!" I grabbed her wrists and she squirmed trying to escape and made weird squealing noises. "T-thanks ljoe. Ah I'll tell you you when you get here thanks." I hung up and faced the girl. "I'm not going to hurt you now just sit still and listen! Ljoe is going to come get us and I'll take you home." 
 
Eunji's POV:
 I started to cry. All my bottled up feelings came with the fear of being lost. I was blind. I hadn't always been blind the accident happened only a year ago. I was babied and pitied by everyone, that made it hard to be normal. The worst part was I couldn't do anything on my own without having my sister or mother freak out. They had to dress me, help me go up and down stairs, ect. I felt like I was worthless. I forgot I was with Ricky and just hugged my knees and cried. "Y-ya, why are you crying?" His gentle voice asked and he set his hand on my shoulder. 
"I'm scared!" I cried louder.
"D-don't cry. I'm sorry." he awkwardly hugged me trying to get me to stop crying. Suddenly I heard a car pull up by the ally Ricky had said we were in. Ricky patted my head. He was seemed like a pretty clueless guy when it cane to girls. He was so childish, like an innocent little boy. Wait! He kidnapped you, he's not innocent. "Ricky ya, what are you doing?" A voice asked. Ricky stood up leaving me and started to talk to the voice. "I sort of grabbed some girl who is blind and now I need to get her home." Ricky said. The voice sighed, "Nice move." It said in an annoyed tone of voice. "I'm Ljoe. Ricky can be an airhead sometimes, please forgive him." Ljoe helped me up and we got in the car. I sat in the back seat of the car with Ricky."What's your family's number?" I heard him pull his phone out. "Ok dial a 9." I said, I heard the beep as he did. "Then a 1." He did. "Then another 1. Hit call." He did and a woman answered "Please state your emergency." Ricky realized he had just dialed 911 and started to panic. "HEL-" he slapped his hand against my mouth. I made frantic movements and shouted for help through his hand, being blind I couldn't really grab the phone. "We didn't mean to call, sorry."Ljoe said taking control. "Well be safe...." The woman on the other line scolded Ljoe as ricky cupped my mouth. Ljoe apologized and hung up. Ricky let go of me. "Aish!" I laid my head down on Ricky's lap. I knew I shouldn't fall asleep in a situation like this, but all the screaming, hitting, yelling, and just the stress of being lost made my eyes droopy. "What should I do?" Ricky asked. The sound of the car blurred in my ears, it felt nostalgic. "You're the one who picked up a blind girl you figure it out." Ljoe said. I fell asleep and didn't hear the rest of the conversation. I should be more panicked than this, but I didn't feel threatened by Ricky. Maybe that's why I fell asleep so easily.