Secret Hiding Place

Blind Song

 

"Eunji, your teacher called. She said you had a field trip next week and you haven't turned in your form." My mother inquired of me. I told her it was in my back pack by my closet. I nodded and shooed her out. "Aish!" I sighed when I was sure she was gone. "You can come out now." I told Ricky. My body bounced as he plopped on my bed. "What's it like to be blind?" He asked out of the blue. 
"It's terrifying." I answered after giving it a thought. He was quiet. "There's no use in pitying me. Nothing I can do about it now." I said to break the silence. 
"I guess that's true." He took my hands and turned me around to face him. "Do you know what I look like now?" He put my hands to his face as I had done in my backyard days ago. I smiled and nodded and removed my hands from his face. "What's your favorite song?" I asked trying to change the subject from my blindness. 
"If I could have a solo I'd sing Alex's If It's You." He sounded like a child making a wish on a star. Why was my face getting hot? Why was heart beat accelerating? 
"O-oh..." I just wanted to break the silence but it didn't help. 
"I can't go home now that I've come in your house. I'm afraid to." He said. 
"Well you can't stay here! My mom doesn't like you. And why are you always scared when you come over? This is not a drama." I reminded him. Not to mention what a hassle it'd be for me, a blind person, to hide a boy in my room. 
"This is the only safe place! Im vulnerable anywhere else." He said, a chill in his voice.
"Changhyun, why does this girl scare you so much? What did she do?" 
"Do I have to talk about it?" He asked. I shook my head, "No, but if you plan on staying here can't I know?" I knew I was crossing a personal boundary of his, did I feel guilty? Maybe. 
"She...she broke into our dorm one night, well more like came in because she has a copy of the key..." He started to tell me. I sat quietly and listened. "And she...she...she tried to..." He was having trouble finishing the sentence. I waited patiently. Finally he said it, "She tried to make me hers...she..." He said it fast and quietly but still couldn't finish the sentence but I knew what had happened. I felt horrible now for making him tell me. "Did she...?" the awkwardness was awful. 
"No I fell off the bed and shouted for help, the members stopped her." He told me.
"How long ago?" 
"Almost a year." 
"I'm sorry..." and I was sorry. 
"This is depressing." 
I nodded in agreement. 
I laid back on the bed and sighed.
"But I can't keep you in my-" 
Suddenly Ricky hushed me by putting his finger to my lips. He stood up and walked away from me. My door creaked open and I heard Haneul tumble into my room. "Y-you are in so much trouble!" Haneul shouted quietly. "Please don't tell!" I begged. 
 
Ricky's POV:
"But you can't keep him in your room!" The boy insisted. I looked from the boy to eunji who was straining to stare into nothing. 
"Keeping a boy in your room is so wrong in so many ways!" The boy's eyes were examining me. I smiled cheaply. 
"He doesn't have anywhere to go." Eunji was taking my side. The boy sat down by his sister, his eyes stayed fixed on me. Eunji told him my situation. She also told me his name, Haneul, and he was like putty in her hands. He agreed to keep her secret and help anyway he could. Before he left the room he pulled me aside by the door, "Do anything and you're dead." He smiled cutely and left. I can't believe he was twelve. 
 
I got to sleep in a makeshift bed in Eunji's closet. The closet door was open so I looked out Eunji's bedroom window. It was dark outside and the moon was high in the sky. Eunji was laying on her bed, but from my angle I couldn't tell if she was asleep or awake. Seriously, I was crazy. Why was I staying at Eunji's place? Did Mi Na really scare me that much? 
"You're mine." Mi Na's words echoed in the back of my head. So I started to sing quietly to get my mind off things. 
 
"I always saw you smiling
I knew from the moment I saw you
If it’s you, If it’s you, if the person by my side
Is you, if it’s just the two of us together
Forever is possible~" 
 
I stopped when I heard sniffles coming from Eunji's bed. I got up to see what was making the strange sounds and found Eunji holding her blanket to her face and hugging her legs. She was crying. "What's wrong?" I asked and sat by her on her bed, startled that she was crying this late at night. "Don't stop *sniffles*" She choked softly. "Aigoo, what's wring with you? Crying like that, what a baby." I chuckled quietly.
"Is you, if it’s just the two of us together
Forever is possible~"
I sang the last few words of the first verse again. Eunji laid her head back down on the pillow. As I sang I watched her eyes slowly close until she was fast asleep. 
"Darling, I will smile only for you
Darling, again for your sake, I will shed tears for you..."
For some reason I was having trouble myself singing further.her breathing was steady, soft, she looked so- no what was I thinking!
"If I could only love one person my entire life,
Just one person, it would be you"
My heart was pounding. Without really thinking I leaned in slowly, my lips were just centimeters from her forehead. But I stopped. I just stared at her damp eyes from crying as she slept. Instead I wiped her tears and went to bed. 
"You're mine, no one else's." Mi Na's words slowly crept back into my mind. What punishment awaited me after I left here? Mi Na surely knew what I was doing here, and she knew I couldn't live here either. 
"Changhyun ah..." Eunji mumbled in her sleep. I smiled and decided to go to sleep too.
 
 
Author's Note:
Hiiiii guys! Hehe i hope you enjoyed that chapter. Please tell me what you think in the comments, i love to read them~! Thanks! Sorry for teasing you guys with an almost kiss. Argh why'd you stop ricky? XD 
Uwaaah! You guuuuyyyys~ 4 upvotes? Yaaa thanks so much~ luv you~!
 
 
 
Never mind I'll tell you, Ricky sang Alex's If it's You