The bully:

Where exactly is home?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I was a wicked person, a person who deserved nothing because as I saw Emma running passed, tears streaming down her cheeks, I felt relief. I knew it was the wrong feeling to come over me, the wrong emotion to consume me, but I couldn’t help it.

I didn’t know her but I should have felt some kind of remorse for her, she really looked hurt, but here I was relieved that Jonghyun wasn’t taken.

The tears of my own, that pain and despair I felt towards myself vanished within seconds. Jonghyun was standing there. He didn’t look happy but actually really guilty for what he had done. But as his eyes caught sight of me, he smiled.

It was a nervous smile, undoubtedly wondering if I had heard the conversation. I shook my head and he nodded, no words said between the two of us. I was having my moment, my all Jonghyun moment as if to soak up all that I didn’t get to see of him in the last two weeks. He had been ignoring me these past weeks and we both knew that, but why? That only he knew.

I thought of Kibum in class today, his urging me to see Jonghyun behind the building. Had he known Jonghyun would be refusing Emma? And if so then why did he want me to see it? His smile was playful but it had a clear intention behind it, was he by any chance trying to tell me…

I didn’t let myself think further, about how Kibum was trying to show me something he couldn’t tell me. I was done with having hope.

"Looks like I'm interrupting some gay time" Hansae spoke, unashamed of his words. I felt a wave of tension spread as Jonghyun only now bothered to notice Hansae. He looked to me with a confused expression and I immediately wanted to apologize. Jonghyun didn’t have to be insulted and stand this because of me.

I turned to look Hansae in the eyes as I spoke in a clear but warning voice, one that I didn’t use often. "Shut up Hansae and leave" I said, trying my best not to look at Jonghyun to see what he was making of this.

Well Hansae looked really pissed, to say in the least. He took two long steps and covered the distance between the both of us and ripped the sweater from my grasp. I didn’t even have a chance to get a word out before Jonghyun was coming over to my side and Hansae was reducing his sweater to strings. After he was satisfied with his work he looked to me, rage in his eyes.

"Speak like that to me again and it won't be the sweater next time. Hear me? You worthless piece of junk" Hansae threatened.

I looked to Jonghyun as Hansae continued to make an advance in my direction. He wanted to draw blood and I knew that, all my life I had been picked on and I knew a crazy wacko when I saw one. Jonghyun looked scared, not for himself but for me. He positioned himself in a way to cover me and I was sure he was about to throw a punch at the bully but I wouldn’t let him.

As I saw Hansae make his advance towards us, his intension to frighten and overpower me, to domi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter