Accidents happen:

Where exactly is home?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“YOU!” said an accusing voice, accompanied by a pointed finger in my direction.

Uncle Lee Jung was a scary man when he wanted to be. It was ironic how he looked exactly like my father and was yelling at me when my own father hadn’t ever raised his voice. This identical twin thing was weird-ing me out a little.

Though, Uncle Jung was far too decent looking to be mistaken for my dad. Taemin’s father had shown up at the school in a suit while I debated if my father even owned one. He looked sharp, intelligent, wealthy and not to forget, pissed off, at me. We were out in the halls now, away from the principal’s office and classrooms.

I was backing up against the wall, preparing myself for the verbal on slaughter.

“I knew you were no good.” He started off, trying desperately to control his raging anger. I had willingly stayed back with Taemin until his parents showed up, exactly because I knew this was coming. If not now then I could anticipate an angry visit at my house. Better now in public, were he couldn’t possibly strangle me to death than at my place. To be honest I was counting on Mrs. Lee to show up.

“Da-dad!! Please don’t” I heard Taemin beg from where ever he stood. His voice seemed so small and far away. However his father paid no heed to his words and continued.

“He spends a few months with you and he’s coming home looking like a homeless vagabond” he said as I visibly flinched at his choice of words. My mind wondered if he had intended on describing Taemin or me. Taemin’s father looked at me from head to toe, sizing me up with his intimidating gaze. I tried my best to keep my eyes open and stay strong for the next part since it was clear, the insults had only begun.

“I still can’t believe my brother, rather I can’t accept it. To throw away everything he could have become over the likes of you. He left home and disgraced the family, married a woman out of absolute desperation and still manages to cause trouble. You are his son, no doubt.” He said as each word intensified the pain by cutting deeper into my existing emotional anguish.

He didn’t have to tell me, I knew already. I knew what my parents had given up and how their families no longer accepted them. I knew that I was the root cause of it all but having someone remind me was suffocating.

I felt this heavy load on my shoulders, a weight Jonghyun had made lighter in the past months. And I was glad he wasn’t here, to listen to every reason I was so wrong and so unworthy.

Uncle Jung had momentarily stopped, his temper seeming to calm down and just for a second, I thought it was over. Yet I knew I was giving myself false hope. He moved closer to me, making my back press hard against the wall and leaving me with nowhere to go. Then dead silence followed as he glared at me, his gaze burning into my eyes.

I could sense hatred so strong and familiar that I could predict his next words. They were at the tip of his tongue as I wished to just melt into the ground; any form of escape was welcome. Yet none came as the words left his mouth, a bitter taste lingering at the end for my benefit.

“Stay away from my son. You disgusting gay boy” he warned, backing away slowly with caution in each step.

My heart thumped loudly as my eyes began to burn with hot tears. I had managed to subdue them, for now. Embarrassed and defeated I stood as my uncle collected himself. His expression had gone neutral and gave away no signs of his earlier ugly behavior or hurtful words. His expensive black suit and blue tie providing a carefully crafted armor of deception.

Taemin’s father spared me one more of his despairing looks before turning away and walking to a silent Taemin who was left forgotten.

Suddenly I felt like the third party in this conversation, as if looking from the outside. Taemin didn’t raise his head as he spoke, his words lacking confidence and clarity. He looked frightened as the words escaped his lips, taking all of him to find the strength to stay upright itself.

“I-It’s my fault” he barely managed to say. His hands shook violently with a fear I had never seen i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter