Hold my hand:

Where exactly is home?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Two months had passed since that day and now it all just seemed like a blur. I had to keep reminding myself that I wasn’t dreaming, that all those things had in fact really happened.

In this time that had passed not much had changed and yet somehow, everything had. Like promised, Taemin always had someone accompany him wherever he went. He complained about it, but I was determent not to let him get hurt ever again.

In the beginning, it was just me and Minho but without notice, Key and Jonghyun had just effortlessly joined in as well. The two of them waited for us at the school gates, ate lunch with us, came back to my place for some self defense practice and video games. Slowly, there was no 'them' and 'us'. Now there was just a one group'. And even if I didn’t show it or even admit it, I couldn’t have been happier at this new change.

The five of us worked well together. We had this friendship that I had only expected in movies or books or even cliché dramas. But we were just us. Somehow we bonded together, really well, everyone got along with the other and had their own special bond. Some of course closer than others, like Key and Jonghyun, but that didn’t make much of a difference.

Park Hansae walked the halls a free man, and it took everything in me not to punch him. He is a senior which makes him have an advantage by default. But it was always Jonghyuns hand that held me back, his words that reminded me I would only stand to lose from this. He was still there, always around, he never left me.

That day of my horrible breakdown, he sat with me till the stars came out. He held my hand in his as we watched TV and told me he would stay if I asked him to, but of course I couldn’t.  I would never be able to forget his embrace, the way he held me. It was odd but in that moment those four empty walls of my house became a home. I felt safe, protected, needed and like I belonged, all of it in his arms. Just before he left my house he said something to me, the words replaying in my mind like a broken record player. "There is so much about me that I want you to know too" he had said, "but I need you to wait till this thing is over, till I'm sure Hansae won't bother you anymore, because at least till then I want to be there for you."

I wasn’t able to understand what he was trying to hint at. That whatever he said would make me change my opinion of him? That I wouldn’t want him near me anymore? Because from where I stood I knew one thing, I needed him. Like I need to breathe, I need him just as much as I want him.

There were things about Jonghyun I hadn’t noticed before, like the way he laughed. It seemed exaggerated but it was joyful and loud and was just the kind of laugh that made you laugh. Also, everyone loves him. He is friendly and kind and he has a good sense of humor. This comes in handy when he's caught in class, dozing off. He's the kind to change his cell phone cover and take a million selcas, but still keeps an old treasured phone strap and store pictures of his friends. He is the kind to shy away at first but be centre stage in the next second. And damn, is he good looking.

It's still such a mystery to me that he's single, that some pretty girl hasn’t tossed her lovely-overly-priced-hair his way to catch his attention. Well ok, they tried. He had received two confessions so far, both of which he turned down. This just made me think he had more to himself than he let show.

"Do you have anyone you like? I asked bluntly one day, shocking myself in the process as well.

We were in class and my seat was turned at an angle to face him as we spoke, waiting for the next teacher to walk in. Jonghyun was busy scribbling something in his notebook, the one he always kept around and out of everyone's reach. He didn’t look my way but I knew I had his attention because he stopped writing and now was just staring at the pen in his hand.

"Do you?" he asked me back and I just frowned at his foul play. "Don’t avoid my question, I asked first" I insisted ch

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter