Outcast

The Sharehouse

Later that night, Gain and Leeteuk had Heechul on the couch. It hadn't taken him very long to calm down. Heechul knew he couldn't let other people dictate his feelings anymore. He had simply been in a bad case of shock and Chansung always had held fear over him. Talking with Leeteuk and Gain had him calm now though. They were watching mindless TV waiting for Donghae and Simon to cook their food.

Donghae and Simon didn't want to be in the house while Heechul was upset. They'd taken it upon themselves to finish the food that got left behind. One look at the other said there were things they needed to discuss away from Heechul as well.

"We can't let Chansung walk in here anymore." Donghae said, swilling a beer in its bottle as he checked the meat.

"He's not coming back, don't worry." Simon said standing close to the grill. He was staring at the meat and at the same time not. Simon's mind was far, far away.

"Yeah? Now that he knows where Heechul is, you think he'll just stop trying to come for him?"

Simon didn't answer and Donghae drank more.

"I will find a way to stop him," Simon said, his voice showing that his mind wasn't with him.

"Don't be stupid," Donghae said. "As much as I like the idea, we can't just kill him. Heechul would never forgive us something stupid like that."

Simon didn't answer again and Donghae wasn't going to take that this time. Setting his beer down, Donghae took one of Simon's shoulders, forcing him to look at him. "Bro, promise me you'll stop thinking about it. I know it really bad right now, but we can't do something retarded like that. I'm not letting you take yourself away from Heechul."

Simon sighed heavily and shrugged Donghae off. "I know. I won't. Just, Christ I'd really love to get a bat in my hands and not let up on that ."

Donghae finished his beer. "I feel the exact same way."

Victoria cut them off with a clearing of . They had no idea how long she'd been standing there and Donghae smiled.

"Hey girl, that for us?" He motioned his head toward the empty plate she was carrying.

"Yeah, sorry." She handed it over.

Simon was looking at her, unable to keep the anger out of his face over what she'd done. Even though deep down, he knew it wasn't her fault, he wouldn't be able to let it go. Not for a long time.

Donghae looked between them and punched Simon's shoulder. "Don't be sorry. You didn't know."

"No, but I should have known. He wanted to know so much about the house. He wanted to know who I lived with. He kept throwing in questions like that while I was asking him questions about himself." Victoria said softly, tucking her hands in her pockets.

"And you didn't think to share any of that with us?" Simon nearly whispered, not looking at her as he flipped the meat.

"I didn't think anything of it okay? I didn't put anything together until I saw what was going on in there with Heechul." Victoria had tears in her eyes as she glared at the side of Simon's head.

Donghae nudged Simon again but he just ignored them both, not saying anything.

"Don't worry about it," Donghae tried. "We'll figure something out. But, for your own safety. Don't ever talk to him again."

Victoria nodded and left them alone.

She didn't feel comfortable sitting with Heechul and the others. She didn't even feel comfortable being in this house. Letting tears stream hot lines down her face, Victoria sneaked up to her room and locked the door.

Victoria knew she hadn't ever really fit in, in the house. From the mistake with Hyuna to the problems she'd tried to cause between Heechul and Leeteuk out of jealousy. Everyone just tolerated her. Now even Simon, who hadn't had that much of a problem with her, was acting like he never wanted to see her again.

Victoria had done the worst thing anyone could ever do to someone else. She'd brought home the scariest part of Heechul's past and made him face it again. It didn't matter that she didn't know, she was still the most horrid person.

Sitting on the bed that didn't feel like hers anymore, Victoria looked around the room. She owed Heechul so much. Letting her move in so quickly, helping her feel like she was home even through the bad things she'd done. Heechul was so forgiving, it was no wonder someone had been able to take advantage of him. Victoria was feeling no better than Chansung now. Taking advantage of Heechul's willingness to forgive and love.

Victoria would have to leave. She couldn't stay here anymore. She should have just gone home in the first place. China, her mom, her grandparents, all of it was sounding so good right now. But before she left, she had to make this right. She had to fix what the others couldn't. She had to do something about Chansung.

The vibration of her phone sounded from where it was charging on the wall. She got up and read the text. The multiple texts. Chansung had been trying to talk to her since he left. She wiped her eyes and started to think of a plan as she texted him back.