Brothers

The Sharehouse

Heechul was in the kitchen. Jia and Gain were stuck in a room, practicing talking. Leeteuk was also stuck in his room, working at song writing. Vic was out with her boyfriend and Simon had gone to work. Or so he claimed.

Donghae was supposed to be here today, but he’d sent a text to Heechul saying he probably wouldn’t make it until Friday. At least fireworks would still be legal all weekend.

To say Heechul was bored, would be the understatement of a lifetime. He hadn’t made any plans for himself, expecting to have Donghae to play with. He’d tried reading a book, but his mind wasn’t in it. He’d flipped through some recipes in the hopes of being inspired, but nothing got his attention. Heechul couldn’t bother Leeteuk when he was busy, that wasn’t fair to his boyfriend. Watching a movie would mean he’d try and nap and just about everyone knew what sleeping alone was doing to him lately.

For lack of motivation and anything better to do Heechul started going through his cupboards, rearranging and getting rid of old canned products. He started a donation pile for things still edible that were left unwanted. Canned vegetables weren’t as appetizing when there was a chef in the house who specialized in freshness.

Letting his body do the mundane things, Heechul’s mind started to wander to Leeteuk. Wandering down his body, Heechul imagined undressing him in the kitchen, sinking to his knees in front of him and him off. He swallowed and tried to think about something else, but his mind kept wandering underneath Leeteuk’s clothes.

Not paying much attention to his surroundings, Heechul was surprised to feel a pair of arms around his middle and a hug from someone shorter than who he was expecting.

“Surprise hyung.” Came an excited and all-too-familiar voice.

“Donghae?” Heechul said with a grin, turning to face him.

“Me,” Donghae said, grinning at him.

Donghae’s hair was short and black, with more on top than the sides and back to give him fringe. Last time Heechul had seen his brother from another mother; he’d been playing in the bleach and had almost white blonde hair. Black looked much nicer on him. Heechul squished him into a tight hug.

“You have no idea how much I’ve missed you.” Heechul admitted.

“Hey, don’t get all soft and make me cry,” Donghae teased as he pushed Heechul back. “What’s with the long hair?” He asked, gently tugging a bit of Heechul’s hair.

“I got bored of short.”

“Yeah. Hey, where’s Leeteuk? I’ve got to meet him and make sure he’s worthy.” Donghae laughed softly.

“What, you don’t trust Simon’s judgment anymore?”

“Simon’s never known what’s good for himself, let alone other people.” Donghae teased. “And where’s the good food I’ve been missing so much?”

“Demanding little freak aren’t you?” Heechul stuck his tongue out.

“I thought your mom taught you to have food on hand all the time with boys in the house?” Donghae chuckled as he moved to raid the fridge, stealing leftovers and a beer.

“When’s your flight?” Heechul asked pointedly.

Donghae laughed and flipped him off.

Heechul smirked and went back to cleaning out the cupboards. “Leeteuk’s working. When he finishes, he’ll come out and you can meet him. Also, because you told me you wouldn’t be here tonight, I don’t have the food prepared, so you’ll just have to suffer until I feel like making something.”

Donghae was nodding but Heechul knew his attention was on something else entirely.

“You lost me at ‘Leeteuk’s working’” Donghae admitted, smirking as he swigged down more beer. “You got fireworks right? Roman candles so we can try and blow each other’s ears off?”

Heechul laughed softly, finishing the cans so he could sit at the table with Donghae. “I’ve got a ton of fireworks. I knew you and Simon at least would want as many as possible.”

Donghae was nodding. “Gain still lives here right? Who’s all here?”

“Gain,” Heechul nodded. “Jia, our Chinese dancer. Simon, me, Teuk and our new girl Victoria. She’s out with her boyfriend and supposed to bring him over tonight.”

“Okay, cool. New people to play with.” Donghae smiled and stuffed his face with more leftover fried rice, not caring if it was cold. “Where the hell is Simon?” He asked with his mouth full.

“Something about work. I thought he was supposed to pick you up?”

Donghae nodded. “He was supposed to, but I tricked him into thinking I wouldn’t be here too.” He grinned before taking another big bite.

“So I was thinking food in the backyard, then go down to the beach for fireworks. Anything special you want to eat?” Heechul asked.

Donghae shook his head. “Anything you cook is good. I have to go visit your mom too, she’s got the best kimchi in the world and I have serious cravings.”

Heechul smiled. “Let’s go visit before you leave. I need to let her meet Leeteuk too.”

Watching Heechul as he chewed, Donghae smirked. “You really like this guy don’t you?”

Heechul tried not to blush as he leveled his eyes to Donghae’s and nodded, smiling softly. “I’d go so far as to say love him.”

A roll of his eyes and a laugh showed Donghae’s thoughts. “Then I really have to meet him before he goes and does something stupid like love you back.”

Heechul raised a fist and leaned over the table at Donghae but both of them just laughed. They had always been into harsh jokes and teasing with each other. But the jokes stemmed from the deepest of feelings between them. They were both overprotective of the other and jealousy reigned whenever they found dates. Donghae and Heechul would always be brothers though, razzing about how ugly the other was in looks and personality.

“You need help setting anything up for making food?” Donghae asked.

“No, I’m okay,” Heechul said with a nod.

“Good, because I didn’t want to help you anyway,” Donghae teased. He got up to put his empty leftover container in the sink and stretched. “You care if I veg out and watch TV while you work?”

Heechul shook his head. “Go for it.”

“Jetlag,” Donghae excused himself with a smile and Heechul set to work on their barbecue meal for later that night.