Tournament

The Sharehouse

Gain texted Heechul around dinner time to tell him that she'd be with Jokwon again tonight and not to worry about her. Heechul spent the next half hour on the phone with her in the backyard, gushing about everything that had happened with Leeteuk. Heechul had trouble keeping his voice down he was so excited. He also told her about Jia's news before finally letting her go have couple time.

Going back inside, Heechul sighed happily as he leaned against the kitchen counter, wondering what to make everyone for dinner. Simon walked in on him when he'd been daydreaming and Heechul smiled. "Hey, welcome home."

"Yeah. I asked the others and they're all good for it, pizza okay with you?"

Heechul nodded. He didn't think he'd be able to pay attention to cooking anything right now anyway.

Simon eyed Heechul. "Something's different about you. Oh , did you hook up with Leeteuk?"

Heechul blushed and shook his head. "No, not like what you're thinking. We just watched movies last night."

"Aaand?" Simon goaded him.

"And nothing," Heechul insisted, punching Simon's shoulder.

Simon just laughed at him. "Mhmm. What kind of pizza you want?"

Heechul shrugged. "Anything's good."

He left the kitchen for the front room, sitting in the chair. Leeteuk was on the couch between Jia and Victoria, flipping channels on the TV. Heechul tried not to stare, forcing himself to focus on the channels.

Simon ordered in the pizza and lounged himself into the free couch. "We should do something guys," Simon said, lazily.

"I think so too," Victoria agreed.

"Gaming tournament?" Heechul suggested.

"Yes," Simon said. "We need to break in that DLC for the PS3 Battle Royale."

"Yes," Leeteuk agreed. "I like this plan. We going to do the free-for-all, or should we break into pairs and make it a real tournament?"

"I l-like p-airs," Jia said.

Heechul nodded. "Pairs it is. What should the winner, win?"

They all thought in silence for a moment.

"How about the winner gets any kind of party they want? Like, dance party, dinner party, backyard party. Slumber party?" Simon suggested with a laugh.

Heechul nodded in agreement with the idea and looked at the others who were nodding too.

"We're uneven though, because of no Gain." Leeteuk pointed out.

"Well, let's just pick someone to randomly win against her place holder. Double shot at winning." Victoria offered.

"Rock, paper, scissors?" Heechul suggested.

They all nodded and started it off with Jia coming out victorious.

"Right, so Jia sits out until semi-finals. Are we doing best of three?" Simon asked.

They agreed to that as well and Heechul got a piece of paper so they could keep track of their wins and who would go next. As they were settling in to start playing, the pizza came. Simon jumped up to pay for it. He set the boxes on the table and handed out plates to everyone.

"Be warned right now though everyone," Simon said around a mouthful of pizza. "Heechul and me play this game a lot, we're pretty much going to win."

Heechul rolled his eyes and watched as Leeteuk and Victoria started off the matches. "First up ladies and gentleman, we have Nathan Drake of the Uncharted series and Kat from Gravity Rush." Heechul announced, mimicking his favorite TV hosts. "It seems like it could be a pretty even match as they head into round one."

Leeteuk was chuckling as he did his best to beat Victoria's Kat into the ground. Victoria was having a hard time handling her character and lost the first round.

"Zero one, Leeteuk," Heechul said as he got up to bring everyone drinks.

Their second rough went in Victoria's favor and she couldn't help wiggling in excitement.

"Don't get cocky kid," Leeteuk said. Bursts of laughter came from Simon and Heechul who got the Star Wars reference.

The third round ended with Leeteuk the winner. Victoria gave him the best pout of her whole career and Leeteuk chuckled, hugging her. "I've never felt so terrible about winning."

Next up was Heechul and Simon. Leeteuk continued Heechul's announcing job. "In the red corner we have Heechul's Dante of Devil May Cry. This is a top competitor and some call him a gamebreaker. And it looks like the blue corner challenges with Kratos of God of War. These two are pretty evenly matched with their deadly combos."

Heechul chuckled. He'd memorized everything Dante could do. But Simon had also memorized Kratos. It was a tough match, lasting a while before Simon finally lost to Heechul's quicker fingers.

"What's wrong Simon?" Heechul razzed him. "Losing your touch?"

Simon scoffed and started the next match out hard, making Heechul reel in and focus on what he was doing. Heechul ended up losing. The both of them didn't even look at each other before starting the third match.

"This is an intense rivalry we're witnessing," Leeteuk chimed in. "Both competitors are at the top of their game, beating out key combinations from memory alone."

Heechul beat Simon into the dirt and grinned as he handed his controller to Victoria. "Next match, to determine the semi-finals is Simon versus Victoria."

Victoria switched out her original character for Raiden of Metal Gear.

"Looks like it's Raiden against Kratos here," Leeteuk said, glancing at Heechul.

Heechul grinned. "Simon could be in trouble. Raiden is arguably the most OP character in game right now."

"Will they nerf him next patch?" Leeteuk asked.

"They've already nerffed him, some would say it's not enough though."

They chuckled and watched as Victoria pounded Simon in the first round. Simon started the next match up quickly and it was a mistake because he lost again.

"Damn," Simon said. "I let you win."

Victoria laughed and nodded, "sure you did."

Giving Victoria a rest, Leeteuk was up against Jia.

"Once again we have Nathan Drake, Leeteuk seems to have a handle on his abilities. And Jia has picked Big Daddy of BioShock fame. Big Daddy is the tank of the game, able to take on heavy amounts of damage, this might be tough." Heechul said, leaning up for another slice of pizza as he watched.

Jia really had Leeteuk working for his win, but he eventually did. The second match was easier as Leeteuk took the offensive and Jia had trouble maneuvering around him. Leeteuk managed the second win, giving Jia a congratulatory pat on the back.

Jia laughed at him and gave him a tight hug. "Th-thanks f-f-for going eas-s-sy on me."

Leeteuk chuckled, "no way, you made me work for that."

Leeteuk handed his controller to Victoria and Jia passed hers to Heechul.

"We're down to the last match of semi-finals," Leeteuk said. "The crowd is going crazy to see who will make it to finals." Leeteuk made screaming crowd noises. "And it looks like it will be a game of skill as Dante is matched against Raiden."

Heechul's palms were actually sweating as the match started up. He knew just how over powered Raiden was. Heechul was going to have to step up his game and wait for weaknesses if he wanted to beat Victoria.

She almost had him in the first match, but at the last second, Dante caught Raiden, flipping him in the air to finish him off with Ebony and Ivory. Heechul's victory was short lived though, as Victoria slaughtered him in the second round. He could tell by her playing style that her fingers were getting worn out though and he knew he'd have a chance to break her combos in the final round, which he did. Heechul secured his place in the finals against Leeteuk.

Simon cheered and jumped up from this place on the couch to stand behind Heechul's chair. He rubbed the older man's shoulders. "You've totally got his brother. You can win that old man."

Heechul laughed and looked over at Leeteuk who gave him a salute. He almost didn't want to win, even though he knew he could easily as Leeteuk kept Nathan. Heechul knew that Simon would be able to tell if he just let Leeteuk win though. He couldn't make things awkward, so he chose to play his best.

Leeteuk won the first round and Heechul had to wipe his palms on his pants, drying them off. Heechul and Leeteuk both sat up a little more to watch the screen intently as the second round started. Heechul was backed into a corner a couple of times, but came out victorious. That left the final round to see who would win.

Wiping his hands again, Heechul took calming breaths before starting into the third match. He could tell, like he had with Victoria, that Leeteuk's fingers were getting tired. As much as he didn't want to, Heechul used it to his advantage and won the third round.

Simon pulled Heechul out of his seat to jump around happily with him. Heechul just laughed and nearly fell over when he was released, but Leeteuk caught him, helping him steady himself.

"Thanks," Heechul said, smiling.

"Good game," Leeteuk agreed.

"Wh-what kin-d of p-party are w-we having-g oppa?" Jia asked.

Heechul grinned. "A surprise party."

They laughed at him and continued the congratulations before cleaning up and putting leftovers away. Simon went off to bed first, claiming exhaustion. Victoria and Jia gave their final hugs and cheek kisses before going to bed too.

Heechul smiled at Leeteuk, the older man standing by him at the back of the couch. "Thanks for that. Play with me again sometime? We'll work up your muscles." He laughed softly.

Leeteuk nodded. "I'll play with you more. It was fun. I think I like watching movies more though."

"Yeah?"

"Yeah, I feel less like killing you for winning." Leeteuk teased and offered a hug.

Heechul accepted the hug, surprised at how close Leeteuk squeezed him. He matched the pressure and pulled back first.

"Let me walk you to your room?" Leeteuk asked.

Laughing, Heechul took Leeteuk's hand and led him slowly up the stairs and down the hall to his room. "Here we are," Heechul said. He opened his door and his light.

"May I come in?"

Heechul chuckled. "I don't see why not, you were in here earlier." He moved out of the way and stepped into his room more.

Leeteuk followed him in and closed his door behind them. Leaning against the cool wood, Leeteuk reached for Heechul's hand and pulled him gently closer. Speaking in hushed tones, he said. "I hope you can tell, I like you."

Heechul came closer, grinning. "I'm not blind. The feeling is mutual, but I have to stop you here. You need to know that I won't let this move fast. I refuse to be a rebound."

Leeteuk nodded, looking to Heechul's eyes as he squeezed his hand. "I was actually going to say the same thing. I think moving fast leads to trouble. I want to take my time. I want to be with you."

"Also, because of my past, it's going to be a little difficult for me," Heechul admitted. "I have to make sure I remember who I am, even as we get closer."

Nodding again, Leeteuk let Heechul's hand go and pulled him closer, hugging him. "I wouldn't want you any other way. I promise to let you know if you start acting in a way that seems different for you."

Heechul allowed the hug, wrapping his arms around Leeteuk's neck. "I promise I'll do the same for you. I don't need anyone changing to please me either." Heechul smiled and pet the back of Leeteuk's neck as he looked to his eyes. "We need to be ourselves and honest with each other about whether we fit together, or if this is purely a physical attraction."

Leeteuk grinned. "Right now, I'm definitely physically attracted. But I want to take things slow. I'm a little scared myself. I've never done this before. Liked a guy and been open about it."

Smiling, Heechul hugged close to Leeteuk. "Don't worry," he said near his ear. "I'm a gentle lover."

They both laughed softly, pulling from the hug.

"I'm glad we're on the same page," Leeteuk said.

"Yeah," Heechul said with a smile. "I'm glad we're starting out on the right foot."

Leeteuk pulled him in for one more hug before moving to open the door. "I'll see you tomorrow?"

"You know where to find me." Heechul smiled.

Nodding, Leeteuk gave Heechul a last smile as he stepped out of his room.

"Oh, Leeteuk," Heechul said, catching him before he got into the hall. Heechul placed a soft kiss on his cheek and smiled as he turned back into his room, closing the door.

Leeteuk grinned wide when Heechul left him. Tracing his cheek, he went down to his own room.