Breakfast

The Sharehouse

Sitting in the kitchen the next morning, Heechul was sipping tea and reading a book. The book was a mystery, set in steampunk London and the killer had just left another body for the inspectors. All of Heechul’s attention was trapped in the words on the pages, scanning quickly and trying to figure out the motive along with the main characters.

Leeteuk had gone back to his room, inspired by Gain’s relationship struggles to write more music. The girls were all asleep as far as Heechul could tell and he wasn’t even sure Simon had come home last night.

In his book, the Inspectors saw a shadowy glimpse of what might be the killer and started in on a chase. Heechul’s eyes flew over the sentences, reading as quickly as the feet pounding along the cobblestoned pavement. Just as the Inspectors got to the figure, Simon walked into the kitchen. Simon’s sudden movement from the corner of Heechul’s eye made him jump.

Simon laughed at him as he poured a cup of instant coffee for himself. “What are you reading?” He asked as he sat across from Heechul at the kitchen table.

Heechul set a bookmark on his page and smiled. “This mystery. You caught me right when it was getting intense.”

Nodding, Simon didn’t bother covering a yawn as he regarded Heechul. “So there’s a little delay with Donghae coming to visit. He’s thinking he’ll come over the Fourth of July and stay that weekend.”

Swallowing his sip of tea Heechul smiled. “So we get to have firework wars with our brother?”

“Exactly. I was thinking we’d commandeer the beach and spit roman candles at each other.” Simon offered, drinking his coffee.

“Sounds like our brand of fun.” Heechul scratched the back of his neck and looked over at the stove. “Are you hungry?”

“Always,” Simon said with a grin.

“I feel like making something if I’m going to have your company for a while?”

Simon nodded. “I’m not going anywhere until later.”

Heechul got up to start cooking blintzes for breakfast.

The smell of Heechul’s food brought the first of the girls out of their rooms. Victoria hopped down the stairs and over to Heechul, wrapping her arms around him from behind.

“Good morning,” she almost sang near his ear.

Heechul laughed and shrugged her off gently. “You’re awfully happy this morning.”

Victoria moved to sit on the counter next to Heechul, watching him fry the blintzes. “I am. Jia and I went to the club right? Well, this guy gave me his number and we’ve been texting all morning. We have so much in common.”

Simon snickered into his coffee and Vic glared at him. “What’s wrong with you?” She asked.

“Oh, nothing. But he’s probably just telling you everything you want to hear so he can get in your pants.” Simon smirked.

Flipping him off, Victoria shrugged. “I don’t even care, how about that? It just feels nice to have someone like me okay?”

Simon held up his hands. “Hey man, I’m not trying to pick a fight. I’m just saying watch yourself around some guy from a club. It’s why guys go to clubs after all. Looking to pick up loose girls.”

Heechul laughed softly as he got the blintzes into a casserole dish to put them in the oven.

“So where do good guys pick up girls?” Victoria asked.

Simon stared at her for a minute. “Good guys? I don’t know what those are.” He laughed when Vic threw a piece of leftover crepe at him.

“Well, we’re thinking beach party for the Fourth of July, so if you’re still talking seriously with him by then, you should bring him over.” Heechul offered with a smile.

Victoria nodded. “That would be awesome. Gives me a couple of weeks to get to know him better too, so I can warn him about all of you.” She teased.

Heechul shook his head and held out his hand. “Give me your phone because he needs more warning about you than he needs about us.”

Victoria laughed and hopped off the counter, shying away from Heechul. “No thanks, he can find out how bad I am on his own.” She laughed again, sitting at the table by Simon.

“I feel sorry for this guy already,” Simon said, chuckling.

Pulling the blintzes out of the oven, Heechul started filling plates. It was then that Leeteuk decided he couldn’t handle the tempting smells anymore and he came out to see what kind of food Heechul had cooked up.

Heechul smiled warmly when he saw him and Leeteuk stood next to him, looking around his shoulder at the plates. “This smells so good.” Leeteuk said softly in Korean.

“Thank you,” Heechul replied in Korean as well, sneaking a kiss to his cheek.

Leeteuk smiled and wrapped his arms around Heechul, giving him a back hug and kissing his neck.

“Hey, hey hey,” Simon said. “Lay off the PDAs okay?”

Leeteuk laughed and didn’t bother to let go of Heechul. “Don’t want to Simon, sorry.”

Simon rolled his eyes and stood up. “Then take him to your room or something,” he said with a laugh as he stole a plate of food from them.

Heechul laughed softly and finished making the plates before turning in Leeteuk’s arms. He kissed him softly and pushed him back, whispering, “Later.”

Victoria was ignoring them all for her phone as Heechul slid a plate of food in front of her. Leeteuk took a seat across from Victoria and started eating as Heechul went to see if anyone else was coming for food.

He found Jia in Gain’s room. They were working on her speech and Gain shooed Heechul out of the room before he could ask if they wanted food. Shrugging, Heechul went back to the kitchen and sat beside Leeteuk to start eating.