Miracles

The Sharehouse

The next day was spent exploring the woods, looking for all the wildlife. A few went straight for Mirror Lake, using the dock as a running platform into cannonball splashes. There had been a rope tied into a tree that got good use for swinging jumps as well.

When the temperature started to drop for the night, Heechul and Jia were the first to get cold. Heechul helped her home to the cabin, letting the others stay and play. Jia still wasn't talking to anyone. She'd just nod, shrug or make agreement noises with her lips tightly sealed.

She agreed to Heechul's offer of sitting near the kitchen while he worked on dinner. There were some inviting cupcakes on the kitchen counter as she sat down on a stool slid out from under the counter.

"Eat those with caution," Heechul said. "If Simon put them out they're probably his baking specialty." He chuckled to himself as he started prepping salmon.

Jia debated on whether or not to trust Simon's cooking. She was sure there were questionable substances in them, but she'd never tried anything like that. Jia also figured that if she did want to try, now was her time, since she'd be safe with Heechul and Leeteuk in the house with her. Taking one, she began to eat it slowly, picking off pieces of the unfrosted top.

"Is that your first time with pot?" Heechul asked Jia as he got a pan out of cupboards.

Jia nodded and Heechul took mental note to not do anything that would freak her out more than she was already going to feel.

Simon came home next, sitting next to Jia and grinning when he saw her with a cupcake. "You're partaking," he said with a smile, grabbing a cake too.

"It's her first," Heechul warned with a look at Simon.

"Relax, bro. I made them really weak." Simon smiled and rubbed Jia's shoulders. "I promise to watch her too."

Jia turned a sidelong glare at him and nudged him off of her shoulders.

Simon laughed and got off his stool to watch Heechul instead, leaning on the counter. "Anything I can help with?" He asked around a large bite of his cupcake.

Heechul smirked. "The part I trust you with, you won't be able to do until the morning."

"Clean up?" Simon asked.

"Exactly."

"Why are you so mean to me?" Simon teased. "You know I can handle more than things a monkey could do."

"Can you really?" Heechul asked, raising a brow at him.

"Biiiiitch." Simon said with a laugh.

Heechul laughed too, almost squeaking when Simon caught him in a sudden and tight hug, lifting him off his feet. When he was back on the ground, Heechul held Simon's shoulder and kicked at him playfully. Simon laughed and grabbed him again, catching him in a loose headlock. Heechul laughed as he struggled against the hold, wriggling loose before punching Simon's arm.

Simon laughed at the punch. "Is that all you've got? I thought I'd taught you better than that." He punched Heechul's arm in return and Heechul made a face, hissing at him.

"Ow," he said with a smirk, punching Simon's arm full force.

"Yah, damn Heechul, okay okay." Simon laughed, rubbing his arm.

Heechul gave him a smug look and Simon caught him off guard with a full force punch to his arm in return.

"Ouch," Heechul hissed, laughing and holding where Simon had hit him. "Dead arm."

"Payback," Simon laughed and grabbed his cupcake, finishing it off.

Heechul went weakly back to making the food and Simon hopped up on a free space of the counter. He noticed Jia laughing at them and grinned at her. "Jia likes the entertainment," Simon mentioned, kicking Heechul's gently with his toes.

Heechul looked over, laughing softly. "I'm glad someone does."

"Oh come on, we haven't rough housed in a long time. I was starting to think you didn't like me." Simon laughed.

"Bull," Heechul laughed at him. "You know you're my retarded brother."

Simon laughed and kicked Heechul's again.

Leeteuk came into the cabin then carrying Victoria in a piggy back ride, Gain not far behind them. Victoria was nuzzling against Leeteuk's shoulder and Heechul couldn't help feeling a pang of jealousy over it.

"Something smells good," Gain said as she came into the kitchen to wrap her arms around Heechul.

Heechul smiled and squeezed her close. Gain had been a little more cuddly than usual lately, Heechul was starting to wonder if she was okay.

Gain smiled up at him. "What are you making us?"

"Salmon," Heechul said. "Simon made mystery cupcake appetizers though." He chuckled.

Gain let go of Heechul in favor of poking Simon's stomach and shoulders. "Trying to get all of us to go crazy in the woods hm?"

Simon laughed and grabbed at her fingers, hopping off the counter to rough house with her.

Heechul's attention went back to Leeteuk, Victoria had her chin on his shoulder, laughing at Simon and Gain. Leeteuk noticed Heechul's gaze not meeting his eyes, but focusing on Victoria. He cleared his throat gently and signaled Vic that he was putting her down. She moved off his back, standing in front of him instead to admire his bare chest and give him a hug.

Frowning, Heechul moved to check on the fish in the oven. Jia had been watching him the whole time. She felt like she should say something to Victoria about it. Maybe she could get Vic alone later in their room.

Leeteuk pushed Victoria away when the hug was getting uncomfortable. He smiled at her and she smiled back, but Leeteuk was sure there was something behind her smile. It made him feel like she was imagining things while she looked at him.

Victoria finally broke her gaze into Leeteuk's eyes in favor of moving to sit near Jia. She didn't even have to debate the dilemma Jia had gone through with the cupcakes. Victoria took one and bit into it. She looked at Leeteuk, who was now closer to Heechul and felt a pang of jealousy as she watched them together. Victoria was consoled however, remembering how close against Leeteuk she'd just been pressed.

Jia had fixed a questioning look at Victoria, wondering what she was thinking about while she watched Leeteuk and Heechul. Whatever it was, it was making her uncomfortable. Especially now that a certain substance was starting to work on her.

Putting Gain down from the fireman lift he'd had her in, Simon grinned when she shoved his shoulder. "Easy," he said. "Heechul and me had a dead arm fight before you got here."

Gain laughed, "Why are you trying to hurt Heechullie?"

"I didn't hurt him," Simon assured. "I just, bruised his arm up a little," he laughed softly.

Heechul reached over and slapped the back of his head, playfully, looking at Leeteuk like he did it. "Why would you do something like that?" He asked the older man.

Rolling his shoulders back so he'd look bigger than he was, Leeteuk smirked. "I thought I'd pay Simon back for the bruises."

Laughing, Simon shook his head. "You don't scare me, old man. I could take you."

"You think so huh?" Leeteuk challenged.

"I know so," Simon nodded, getting a little more serious.

"Get out of the kitchen before you start anything, too crowded in here," Heechul said, smiling as he looked in on the fish again, getting the vegetables cooking now.

Gain led them out in favor of the front room. Victoria followed them, working on her second cupcake as she flopped herself onto the couch.

"Gather around for the grudge match of the decade." Gain announced, teasing as she moved the small table in the front room, out of the way. "The jilted best friend and the boyfriend who stole the man they both love, away."

Simon laughed loudly. "What even is that Gain?"

"You know it's true," she teased. "You two have been looking for a reason to beat each other up for a while. Now you're safe. Round one, fight."

Leeteuk chuckled and shook his head. Simon caught him off guard as he clashed into him, trying to wrestle him off his feet onto the ground. Leeteuk grounded his feet and shoved Simon away from him.

Gain sat next to Victoria to watch them. Heechul even leaned on the counter while the vegetables cooked, watching. He smiled and let his attention pass to Jia. "How are you feeling?"

"Okay," Jia said. "Just a little weird, like I can see everything more clearly."

Heechul stared at her, his jaw dropping. He wasn't sure if she'd been practicing with her stutter on her own time, or if the pot had the no-stutter quality.

Jia noticed his staring and laughed softly. "You look like a fish, Chullie."

"Are you not hearing this?" Heechul asked, putting his hand over hers.

"What?" She asked, chuckling at him still as she started seeing his face look more and more like a fish.

Heechul decided to let it be and laughed softly. "I missed the sound of your voice." He pulled back to check on the food.

Leeteuk and Simon were rolling over one another on the floor. Leeteuk currently had the upper hand, locking Simon into another compromising position. Simon was laughing at him, out of pain more than anything, plus pot cupcake was starting to grow on him.

Finding a way to flip out of his hold, Simon grabbed Leeteuk, locking him into the same kind position he'd had Heechul in earlier. Leeteuk laughed and lifted a free hand up to pat Simon's head.

"Okay, I give," he said.

Simon laughed and let him go, sitting back to catch his breath. The room was starting to spin and it wasn't from lack of oxygen.

Lying on his back, Leeteuk was breathing deeply with his eyes closed. In terms of physical strength, Leeteuk was sure he could best Simon, but Simon had ability where Leeteuk lacked. He knew Simon would win an actual fist fight.

The pot was hitting Victoria faster than the rest of them, since she'd finished her second cupcake already. She looked over at Gain who was reading her phone. Smiling, she turned her eyes back to Leeteuk. Seeing him, half- and almost sleeping comfortable, made her want to curl up beside him.

Simon got up to check on Jia, suddenly remembering she existed. He sat next to her and leaned their shoulders together. "Howzit going?"

Jia smiled at him. "Really good. These cookies are so good. This food smells so good. Did I just call cupcakes, cookies?" She laughed at herself and leaned her head on Simon's shoulder.

Staring at Heechul, Simon wrapped his arm around Jia. "Can you believe this?"

"Right?" Heechul said with a grin, getting plates ready with food.

"Why doesn't food always smell this good?" Jia asked, watching Heechul fix their plates.

Victoria was sitting next to Leeteuk, looking down at him. He glanced up at her when he felt her near him. "Can I help you?" He asked.

"You're so y," Victoria said. "Your skin looks so good."

"Uhm, thanks?" Leeteuk sat up, scooting away from Victoria.

"I just thought you should be reminded, because I don't think Heechul tells you enough." Victoria said. "And you should know that I would tell you all the time."

Gain laughed from the couch and Leeteuk took advantage of Victoria's attention being drawn away from him to get up and leave before she could try anything. Victoria pouted when she notice Leeteuk leaving, she'd wanted so badly to kiss him. "Why did you ruin it Gain?" Victoria asked.

"Because you're totally baked and don't know what you're doing." Gain replied with a chuckle. "You need to come back and sit down. Think about unicorns and how majestic they are."

"Wouldn't it be cool if they had wings?" She asked as she sat next to Gain again.

Leeteuk went into the kitchen, straight to Heechul and wrapped his arms around him in a back hug. He kissed his shoulder and held him tightly. "That girl is going to be the death of me," he said softly.

"Victoria bothering you?" Heechul asked, leaning back against him.

Nodding, Leeteuk kissed Heechul's neck. "I'm going to put clothes on, I'll be back."

Smiling, Heechul nodded. "Food's ready when you are."

Heechul set the plates full of food around the table. When his Avengers assembled, he made sure that Leeteuk was between he and Gain so Victoria wouldn't be able to get her mitts on him.

The sober members of the house watched and listened to the baked half talk and laugh about words sounding funny and food tasting better than they'd ever had before. Leeteuk had been around Simon high, but this was the first time he'd seen anyone else under the influence.

Victoria and Jia were leaning on Simon when they were finished eating their food like famished children. He had his arms around each of them, talking about how stars were so amazing because it took millions of years for their light to reach Earth.

Gain was the first one to roll her eyes and get up for bed. "Thanks Chullie, food was good."

"You're welcome Gain. Spend time with me tomorrow?" He asked. She nodded and left them.

Leeteuk twined his fingers with Heechul's, holding his hand tightly as he leaned to whisper against his ear. "Let me take you to bed before these girls get any ideas with Simon here?"

Heechul laughed. "They're too far gone to think about much but his star stories." He nodded though and stood up.

"Simon," Heechul said. "Don't make a mess."

Winking, Simon nodded. He got up with his girls, bringing them to the couch while Heechul and Leeteuk went to their room together.