Changes

The Sharehouse

Gain was waiting for Leeteuk to come out of his room. He spent the majority of his time in his room lately, composing. But he couldn't stay in there forever and when he came out, Gain had her questions ready. She was sitting in the living room, cuddled up on the couch, watching boring TV as she listened for his door to open. Simon was asleep on the couch next to her. Jia and Victoria had gone out clothes shopping for Jia's audition. Even Heechul was gone, visiting his restaurant probably.

Leeteuk's door finally opened and Gain waited as he came past the couch, saying hi on his way to the kitchen. She hopped up to follow him. Picking herself up, Gain sat on the counter while Leeteuk looked in the fridge.

"So," She said, grinning wider. "You and Heechul?"

Leeteuk grabbed a string cheese and closed the fridge, looking at her with a little smile. "He told you?"

"Just that you two almost kissed in his room. Are you a thing now?"

Chuckling, Leeteuk peeled off some pieces of his cheese and nodded. "We didn't say anything like 'will you be my boyfriend?' But I think that's pretty much a given now."

"Wow," Gain said with a smile, nodding. "Did you have ?"

Leeteuk laughed. "You can be pretty nosey huh?"

"I think I should know these things is all," she teased. "So, did you?"

Leeteuk shook his head. "We're gonna go slow."

Simon grumbled from the side of the table just then. He'd been listening in, just as interested as Gain. "That's really gross," Simon said. He went to the fridge for a bottle of water.

Leeteuk chuckled.

"You're just jealous Simon," Gain said. "That's three of your housemates taken, leaving you single as can be."

Simon shook his head after swallowing a drink of water. "I don't need girlfriends, just a place to slide into once in a while." He grinned.

Gain and Leeteuk rolled their eyes at each other.

"So," Simon said. "I guess I get to give you the speech." He put his water bottle down and stepped up to Leeteuk, getting in his face. "You hurt him, there will be a news report about you the next morning." He said, deathly serious.

Leeteuk swallowed his bite of cheese, hard. "I get it. I know he has a past. I'm too soft to hurt him."

Simon nodded and backed off. "Just as long as we're clear. Have fun." He chuckled and drank more water. "Do you know if he's coming home soon, Gain?"

Gain shook her head. "He's been busy all day. He usually comes home by dinner."

Simon sighed. "I guess we should wait to eat until he's here then?"

"I'll text him," Gain said, pulling out her phone.

Leeteuk pulled his hand through his hair after finishing his cheese. "Hey Gain?"

Gain looked up at him, setting her phone aside.

"You think we could dye my hair back to black?" Leeteuk asked.

Gain smiled. "Ready for a change, yeah?"

"Well, the only reason it's blonde is because Taeyeon wanted it this way." Leeteuk admitted.

"Wow, bro," Simon said. "That's the weakest thing I've ever heard. You couldn't even pick your own haircolor?"

Leeteuk chuckled. "Taeyeon said I'd fit in better in business with lighter hair."

Gain started laughing hard. "I'm sorry, Teukie," she said between giggles. "But I agree with Simon, that's really lame."

Laughing along, Leeteuk nodded. "You'll help me dye it then?"

Gain nodded, still giggling.

"I'm going to watch TV, tell me Heechul's plan if he gets back in touch with you?" Simon asked.

"Yeah, I will." Gain nodded.

Leeteuk got into a shirt he didn't care about and met Gain in the bathroom on the lower floor. Gain sat him down on the chair she'd brought in. She covered his hairline in a thin layer of Vaseline so they didn't dye his skin. Mixing up the dye, Gain smiled at him as he looked at her in the mirror.

"I'm really excited to see you with your normal hair color." She told him.

Leeteuk grinned. "Here's a surprise for you. I look the same."

Gain laughed softly and tugged her gloves, making sure they were on tight. "Ready to transform, and get rid of Taeyeon once and for all?"

He nodded and smiled. "You have no idea how ready I am for that."

Smiling, Gain set to work in coloring Leeteuk's hair. Gain was thinking that maybe she should have let Heechul do it for him instead. It would be a nice surprise instead for when he got home. A familiar song filled the bathroom and Leeteuk looked at her in the mirror again.

"It's Heechul," Gain said. "My phone's in my back pocket, get it for me?"

Leeteuk picked out Gain's phone for her and looked at Heechul's text. "He says he'll be home in a half hour or so."

Gain nodded. "Ask him what he wants to do for dinner."

Leeteuk texted Heechul and watched Gain with his hair. She had finished putting in all the dye and was massaging the strands to make sure each was covered in color.

"You look like you know what you're doing," he said with a smile.

Gain nudged his shoulder. "You know I've dyed Simon's and Heechul's hair before."

"Yeah, that red color they both had. Heechul's looked better, more natural." Leeteuk smiled.

She smiled at him. "So tell me the truth, how long have you been attracted to Heechul?"

Leeteuk blushed, thinking about it. Heechul texted back and he looked at the phone. "He says he's going to be too tired to cook."

"I figured, poor kid." Gain smiled and took off her gloves, tossing them away. She took her phone from Leeteuk and texted Heechul back, tucking it in her back pocket again. Gain leaned on the counter and looked at Leeteuk.

"Since I saw him around a lot of girls. I thought I was jealous that he could have his pick of any of them, but I was jealous that those girls were so close to him and I couldn't be." Leeteuk answered truthfully.

"So, after a month or so living here with him? When we had our first barbecue with you?" Gain asked.

"Yeah. I've liked him a long time. Just never acted on anything because of Taeyeon."

Gain heard Victoria and Jia come into the house, smiling at the familiar sounds of their laughter. "You'll be really careful with him won't you?" She asked Leeteuk, fixing a worried look at him. "I worry about him a lot."

"I know you do Gain." Leeteuk smiled and wrapped his hand around her wrist. "I promise you, I'm not going to hurt him. He's been really open with me about not wanting to go fast. I'm just as scared to be with him. I've never been with a guy before."

Gain smiled as she listened, letting Leeteuk's hand fall from her wrist into her own. She squeezed his hand gently, swinging it a little. "I'm glad it's you. I couldn't have standed him being with someone I didn't know." She laughed softly and let his hand go.

Leeteuk smiled at her and Heechul texted back. Gain smiled as she read his text, sending him another.

"What's he saying?" Leeteuk asked with a smile.

"I told him to bring food home with him, he's complaining that no one ever likes what he picks to bring." Gain chuckled. "I told him if they don't like it, they can fend for themselves."

Leeteuk nodded, looking at his head in the mirror.

"All right you, let's get that out."

Victoria and Jia were giving Simon a little fashion show in the front room. They wanted his opinion on what Jia should wear. They didn't know that he had no opinion whatsoever, he was just enjoying watching the girls show off. Simon gave them a grunt in the positive and he even came up with some convincing bull about the colors matching.

Gain came out to join them while Leeteuk got into the shower to wash off the remaining Vaseline. She sat on the couch next to Simon and forced him to cuddle her by wrapping his arm around her shoulder. He only half objected and they kept watching Vic and Jia.

Victoria and Jia were much more satisfied with Gain's advice and they took the bags of clothes to Jia's room, talking in quick Chinese together.

Gain started laughing when they were gone.

"What's funny?" Simon asked. His arm was hanging on her shoulder and he went back to watching TV.

"Oh nothing. They were just calling you dumb."

"Yah," Simon nearly yelled. "I'm not dumb, I know what guys are looking at."

Gain just laughed and cuddled him more.

Heechul came in with bags of food. He looked exhausted and Gain got up to help him with the bags. They set them on the table and Heechul collapsed into the chair in the front room. "Tired," he grumbled.

"Why did it have to be a hundred-million degrees today?" Heechul continued grumbling.

Gain chuckled. "You're just hot, oppa. You'll cool off."

"As long as we keep Leeteuk out," Simon teased.

Heechul turned a glare at Simon and he bowed out. "Okay, okay. Bad Simon." The younger man laughed.

"What did you get?" Gain asked, looking into the bags and pulling things out.

"Bahn mi sandwiches for everyone." Heechul said, getting up to get water in the kitchen.

"Oh," Simon said with a grin. "Way better than the bowl of cereal I was debating on."

Leeteuk came out of the bathroom, fresh and clean. Gain held her finger to her lips, motioning him to be quiet and pointed into the kitchen.

Saluting her, Leeteuk snuck into the kitchen behind Heechul. Heechul was just closing the fridge door as Leeteuk moved in, hugging him from behind. "Welcome home," he whispered.

Heechul jumped, but chuckled as he recognized the voice. "Hey," he said. "You smell clean."

"Yes, want to see a surprise?"

Heechul nodded and Leeteuk turned him around to look at his black hair. He grinned as he looked Leeteuk over. "Wow, take me out sometime?" Heechul teased.

"Anytime," Leeteuk agreed.

Setting his water bottle aside, Heechul reached up with both hands to feel through Leeteuk's hair. It was still wet, but it felt amazingly soft. "I like this. What made you want to change?"

"The blonde was for Taeyeon," Leeteuk said. "I wanted to get rid of her completely, so I can focus on being with you."

Heechul blushed a little and stopped playing with Leeteuk's hair in favor of shoving his shoulder. "Too much cheese in that one."

Leeteuk laughed softly. "Maybe, but it's still true."

Nodding, Heechul hugged Leeteuk tightly, saying thanks without using words.

"They are so cute," Victoria said.

Heechul ignored the company, still hugging Leeteuk tightly. She was standing in the doorway to the kitchen with Gain, watching the two of them. Gain nodded before taking a bite of her sandwich.

"Come eat boys," Gain said around her mouthful, grinning.

 

 

----

A/N: There may have been a little language confusion, so I'll make a disclaimer. Unless otherwise noted, all characters are speaking English. Victoria and Jia do not speak Korean in this story, they just picked up using 'oppa' from Gain.