Chapter 7 - Heartbreaks and Regrets (REDONE)

The Things You Do For The One You Love

Past

“What are we going to do Onew-hyung?” Taemin whispered, tears welling up in his innocent eyes.
“There’s nothing we can do Minnie, I am so sorry I let you all down.” Onew lowered his head.
“It’s not your fault. How are we going to tell Jonghyun-hyung, he is going to be so angry.” Taemin stated, tears now pouring down his face, which he hastily wiped away.

Minho, Key, Onew and Taemin were all gathered around the dining room table while Jonghyun was out at a photo shoot for a new CF. They were all hunched over, coming up with an idea on how to tell Jonghyun that SHINee was going to be disband because of what he did.

“What if we don’t tell him at all?” Key suggested.

All SHINee members turned to face him, puzzled looks crossed their faces.

“What do you mean not tell him? He is going to work out SHINee is disbanded eventually. He is not bright, but something like this he’ll notice.” Minho joked, trying to make the dank mood lighter.
“I mean, what if we don’t. I’ll need you guys to trust me before I tell you though.” Key replied, very serious.
“What is it Key?” Onew leaned closer, touching him gently on the arm, eyes full of concern.
“You guys must leave. Blame him for everything; it is the only way he will let go. It’s the best way to leave quietly.” Key swallowed the lump in his throat.
“But, his heart will break, we can’t. I can’t.” Taemin leaned onto Minho whose strong arms wrapped around him.
“It does make sense though. Think about it, when Jonghyun finds out we were all disbanded because of him, he will make a huge fuss. He will tell the fans and cause an uproar. This will not only damage SM Entertainment but Girls Generation, F(x), BoA, and all the other bands, they will most likely face disbandment as well. We cannot let that happen. I’m sorry, but this is the only way.” Key told them, tears welling up.
“But, he won’t have anyone left. He will lose his family.” Onew whispered, leaning on Key gently.
“No, he will have me. His best friend, I’ll stay. I hate lying to him but this is the only way.” Key replied.
“I guess it’s got to be done. We’ll do it tomorrow, before practice. We’ll pack our bags tonight and be gone after the fight. It has to be face to face or he’ll think something’s up.” Onew stated.

Taemin and Minho nodded solemnly before getting up and heading to their room. Onew sighed and watched Key get up and begin tiding, something he only does when he’s nervous. Suddenly, a large bang and shuffling down the hallway frightened all the members.

“I’m back~! I got the stuff for dinner Kibum~!” Jonghyun sang cheerfully.

Onew and Key made quick glances and silently agreed that they had to act like everything was alright, like he was not about to lose his whole family.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Present

Motel after motel, it was an endless cycle which Jonghyun quickly got bored with. Slouching on the couch, he watched a cartoon of no relevance, just something to ease the pain in his heart. Key made his way into the TV area and sat down beside him, hair still wet from the shower.

“Are you hungry yet Jonghyun?” Key asked, touching his arm.

Jonghyun solemnly shook his head. He missed the old Key, the one who laughed and giggled the one with the killer fashion sense and flirtatious personality. All that was left now was an empty shell which was once him. Key leaned forward and brushed some hairs gently from his forehead and Jonghyun couldn’t help but choke back tears.

“Hey, it’s alright, please don’t cry.” Key pleaded.
“How can you say it’s ok? We don’t have a family Key. Is this how it’s going to be forever? Trapped in an endless cycle of motel rooms?” Jonghyun yelled.
“No. I promise it will get better.” Key argued.
“How can you know that Key?” Jonghyun got up and paced the room.
“I don’t but I can promise. I will make it better for both of us.” Key stood up and faced Jonghyun.

Jonghyun whirled around and looked at the sad sight of Key. He angrily wiped tears away, how could he always treat Key like this? It wasn’t his fault. A moment of silence lingered between the both of them before the mood suddenly altered.

Key took a strong grip on Jonghyun's shoulders and pressed his lips fiercly to his, sending electricity through them both. Surprised, Jonghyun pulled away and took a step back.

"Key, what are you...?" His voice trailed off as he saw the look of lust in Kibum's eyes, something he had desired for so long.
"I know how badly you want this and I need it." Key moved close so they were inches apart, his hot breath made Jonghyun shiver.
"Are you sure?" Jonghyun swallowed the lump in his throat, heartbeat pumping loudly in his ears.
"Shut up Jonghyun and kiss me."

Cautiously he took a step forward, their lips lightly touching. Jonghyun moved his hands to place gently on Key's narrow waist. He responded, arms wrapping around his neck nibbling gently on his bottom lip. , Jonghyun slipped his tongue into Key's mouth who responded accordingly. Pulling away, he pushed Key onto the couch.

"Take your shirt off." Key demanded, smirking.

Hurriedly, he fumbled with the buttons on his shirt, but with no avail. Becoming quickly impatient, Key leant forward and ripped the shirt down the middlle revealing his almost too perfect torso. Running his hand over his soft skin, Key pulled Jonghyun ontop of him. He nibbled at his ear before running his tongue down his jawline making blond boy shiver in pleasure. Bringing his lips back to his mouth, their hearts both quickened with every touch. Pushing their warm bodies closer, Jonghyun's hands curiously wandered up Key's shirt letting his hands rest on his smooth stomach. Pulling back, he tugged at Key's shirt, who willing took it off over his head.

Teasing, he began to kiss Key's neck and rubbed his hips against his turning them both hard. Jonghyun began to make a trail of small kisses down his frail torso to his stomach. Tugging his pants off, Key wore nothing but blue boxers which were particularly tight in some areas. Jonghyun was curious and excited at the same time. Carelessly, he traced his fingers around his thighs making eyes Key's eyes flutter close and moan;

"M-minho-ah."

Jonghyun immediently stopped and glared, the mood shifted as he sprung back. Key's eyes snapped open and desperately looked at Jonghyun who was avoiding eye contact.

"What did you just say?" Jonghyun whispered, eyes closed with his jaw tightly clenched.
"No Jonghyun I-" Key tried to explain.
"No it's fine, you obviously wish I was someone else right now." Jonghyun turned away to leave. Key sprung up and placed his hands on his chest.
"No, I want to be with y-" He began but was cut off.
"I'm going to bed." Jonghyun shoved his hands away and left, slamming the bedroom door behind himself.

It was now clear to Jonghyun that Key didn't return his love, but for another ex-band member? A tear rolled down Jonghyun's cheek before he angrily wiped it away. How could he be such a fool? Thinking that his best friend would actually love him back, that this was like a fairytale? Or Movie? Things like love between friends didn't happen in real life. Frustrated and angry, he perched his pillow up and prepared himself for a sleepless night.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Very quickly, I've never done this before so i didn’t want to make this a full on  lemon, I am not comfortable enough yet to right stuff like that yet, but you could probably come up with it in your head if you want to. I tried to lead up to JongKey but then i added a twist and I am hoping that it was ok and you guys enjoyed it. Did I make it clear enough on why they didn't tell him? And it's up to you guys, should i end up making it a JongKey or a MinKey? Ohhh~ Anyway, if you could subscribe and leave a comment, I will be most certainly very happy. Thank you for reading~!

Disclaimer: I do not own SHINee or SM Entertainment. (I wish I did. D’: )