Chapter 12 - Discoveries and Protection

The Things You Do For The One You Love

 

 

 

A/N: I found this picture and thought, how cute >.< So i thought i would add it in... not that it had anything to do with my story... but yeah. :D

 

 

Present

*Beep Beep*. The sound of a phone interrupted the still night air.

“Mmm, go away.” Key mumbled, rolling over and snuggling into Jonghyun’s arms. Jonghyun gripped him tightly before giving him a kiss and letting go.
“Where you going?” Key’s words stumbled from his mouth as Jonghyun swung the doona from around his body.
“Just to the bathroom.” Jonghyun replied.
“K.” Was all he said before drifting off to sleep.

Jonghyun regretted getting from the warm nest out into the cool, winter air. He blearily looked over to the clock. Three AM? Who would text Key at a time like this? Jonghyun slipped his boxers on and made his way to the bathroom. Peering into the mirror, a large smile lit up his face which was surprising. He hadn’t felt this happy in a long time. His tired feet shuffled along the cold tiles to return to the bedroom before he came across Key’s phone lit up on the table nearby. Looking over at his lovers sleeping form, he curiously picked up the phone to see the text message was from an… unknown? His smile turned into a frown and slid the phone unlocked to view the message.

Kibum, hang low with Jong for a while. Manager found us. We’ve deleted your number so they can’t trace you so don’t text back for a couple of days. Stay safe, we love and miss you. xx Taemin.

Taemin? Jonghyun’s head felt dizzy and confused. Why would they be contacting Key after everything? I thought Kibum said they wanted nothing to do with us so why would he lie?

Jonghyun clicked off the message and found a dozen more. All from an unknown, so he took a seat on the couch nearby and began to flick through.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Damn, those boys really are stubborn.” The manager hissed to himself, leaning back in his chair watching the security tapes. All of a sudden, he noticed something. Frowning, he leaned forward and saw Onew say something and Taemin nod and start texting.

“You, can you get sound on the tapes?” The manager pointed at one of the guards.
“Yes sir.” The guard leant over and clicked a few buttons.

“Yes, but we should warn Key that the manager is after them so they should go somewhere where no-one will find them.” Onew told him.
“Is it really that bad if they come back though?” Taemin asked, confused.
“Minnie, this is not just about Jonghyun being gay and the fans finding out. It’s the fact that we all want to lead normal lives again and Key and Jonghyun should be able to do that. They shouldn’t be pulled back into this crazy world of fame. They should be happy.” Onew nodded.

 

The manager paused the tapes and frowned. What did Taemin mean, ‘come back?’ Did this mean that Key and Jonghyun weren’t with them after all? That would explain why there were only three of them at the airport not five. But, why would they split up? A realisation thought hit the manager. Jonghyun had always been the least co-operative, I was surprised when they left without a word. I expected him to storm into my office and make a muck of things after he found out they would be disbanding, he would already suspect it would be because of him. So why leave in silence? Unless… An evil smile crossed his face and he turned to the guard again.

“Gather the prisoners into the meeting room; we are going to have a chat with them.”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“So, do you guys even know where Jonghyun and Key are?” The manager raised his eyebrow, already aware of the answer.
“Did you tell Jonghyun that the band was going to do their final concert and then disband?” He asked, again already knowing the answer.
“So what did you tell him instead? He would not have left you guys without a reason… or did you all leave him?” The manager questioned, looking around the table at the bowed heads.
“Hmm… my guess is you three left him first, but why did Kibum stay with him? Were they romantically involved?” He narrowed his eyes.
“No.” Onew answered clearly.
“So I was right about the rest of it?” The manager smirked.

They all refused to give him the satisfied reactions of surprise that he worked it out.

“I require all of your phones.” The manager stated, he was going to find the other two and give the higher-ups the final concert.

Sighing, all the boys took the phones from their pockets and passed them over.

“I would have thought there would be more of a fight. I’m disappointed with you boys.” He picked up Taemin’s first, knowing he sent a message to Key the night before. Clicking into the messages, he found it empty. Frowning, he clicked on the contacts and scrolled down to find that there was no evidence of Jonghyun or Key, the log entries were empty as well. He picked up the other two phones to get the same result. His lip twitched and his face went a fiery red.

“WHERE IS THE MESSAGE YOU SENT TO KEY LAST NIGHT?” The manager screamed at the Maknae.
“I’m sorry sir, I have no idea to what you are referring to.” Taemin kept his composure and gave him wide, innocent eyes.

In a huff, he gathered all the phones and stormed from the room. The boys all smiled at each other, they wouldn’t give up Jonghyun and Key’s location without a fight.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: I hope you all liked this chapter, I should be able to update sooner than last time because it’s nearly the end of semester, YAH! :D Anyway, please don’t forget to subscribe and leave your comments, it really makes my day. XD Love you all xx