Chapter 2 - Confessions *

The Things You Do For The One You Love

One Month Earlier

This was their first day off in months, their days had been jam packed with choregraphy training for their new album release, MCing, variety shows, it was wearing them down to the bone. It had taken Jonghyun weeks to build up the courage and told was the day he had been dreading for months. He sat them all down in the living room and as he uttered the dreaded words, it was met with unease and awkardness. It was their maknae who finally broke the silence, but Jonghyun could have sworn it would have been much better if he hadn't said a word at all. 

"So, do you... um... have a boy...friend?" Taemin questioned, his obviously child-like curious got the better of him to which Jonghyun had almost replied with a  face palm, he could tell by the strained smile on their leaders' face and the awkward laugh he emitted, Taemin had just asked a question that no one really wanted to know the answer to. Minho turned and glared at the Maknae who sheepishly shy'd away, his hazel eyes darting to the ground. 
"No, I don't." Jonghyun coughed, quietly replying as he tried not to run away from the thick tension that had built in the room. His eyes darted to the only person he really cared the response from, his beloved diva, but he seemed distracted by the frog who was quietly scolding Taemin. 
"Then, why did you think to tell us now? You know... that your gay?" Jinki asked, his eyes full of concern, standing up and moving a little closer to the small vocalist and in that moment Jonghyun was really stumped for an answer so he stammered out the first thing that came to mind.
"Because i finally felt like it was time to be honest about who i really am." The leader nodded and moved back to his place on the couch between Taemin and Kibum, obviously know noticing Kibums' twitch as Minho snorted.
"Do you have something to say Minho?" The diva finally snapped, a harsh tone edged on his voice.
"As a matter of fact I do." Minho stood up, towering over Jonghyun the smaller boy moved back alittle, the feiry look in his eyes warned him not to oppose the rapper. 
"Min. Don't." Taemin also rose from the couch and grabbed his arm, instantly sensing his aggressive mood as his tensed up, crossing his arms and pulled away from Taemins' grip without even acknowledging his pleading tone.

"I was thinking of telling the fans and manager myself, it shouldn't change-" Jonghyun mumbled out with high hopes only to be cut off with a deadly glare.
"Not change anything?! How can you be so selfish and thoughtless and..." Minho started to move closer to Jonghyun, his nostrils flared in anger as the maknae grabbed at his shirt in a desperate attempt to stop him moving closer. The divas' hot temper finally took over, moving from beside the leader and defensively standing infront of Jonghyun, glaring up at Minho. He may not look like much, but when the groups' diva was angry, that was the scariest thing for them all. 
"Stop it Minho. Back off." He threatened only to be smothered with furious, irrational words spoken by the dark haired rapper;
"How can he just sit there like everything is ok?! Do you know what he will do to us? He is going to ruin us! He is a freak." Minho shoved Kibum back, he stumbled back a few inches, being caught by Jonghyun who at that point in time felt absolutely humilated, and the loving heat from the diva was not helping as he flushed a dark red. 

"Min, stop it." Taemin grabbed his arm, using his height as an advantage to try and hold back his friend. 
"Let go Taemin." Shaking Taemin off, Minho pulled his arm up and away violently ending with a loud... THWACK!

The whole room went dead silent, the yelling ceased and everyone turned to look at Taemin who seemed the most surprised as blood poured from his nose, Minho who had done this, most likely by accident was silent and wide-eyed. Everyones eyes moved to Minho, who just slowly backed away, mumbling something as he left the apartment, slamming the door behind him.

"Come on Tae, I'll clean you up." Jonghyun was the first to speak up, walking over to Taemin who was blocking his nose to cover the blood. He shooed the Maknae to the bathroom and went straight for the tissues. 

Kibum who was still in complete shock hesitantly sat on the couch and such into the soft cushions as the curious leader scooted over, peering at the youngers' expression; "Kibum, you seem to be defensive of Jonghyun. Are you and Jonghyun...? You know?" His words were gentle and whilst the diva would have snapped at anyone else asking such a personal question, it surprisingly didn't bother him as he turned a light shade of red, "No."

They sat in silence for a short while, Jinki gently took Kibums' hand in his own, pulling him closer as the leader rested his head on his shoulder. "what am I going to do with the lot of you hmm?" He smiled a little, his adorable attempt to lighten the mood was warmly welcomed. "Jinki, you seem very calm about this, are you taking things really this well or are you just that good at hiding your emotions?" The diva asked him quietly, his fingers threading through the leaders silken hair. 

"I am the leader, I am here to lead and protect all of my members. I am very happy Jonghyun is finding himself, but he has got to understand that this does affect everyone, not just himself." Jinki replied with ease, letting out a sigh. 
"As always, you're right Hyung." 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Present

"Jong, wake up." Kibum teasingly leant down and breathed against his ear, trying to hold back a snicker, he had woken up this morning and completely forget the events from the night before, It was the only way they were going to survive this. 
"Hm?" As the divas' warm breathe tickled Jonghyun's ear, it caused him to be startled into alertness, his face a slight red as he blinked up at the smirking boy. 
"It's almost 9am, we've got to get going."

Jonghyun rolled off the couchm misjudging the width of the soft cushions and landed with a thump on the ground, a grunt of pain and annoyance leaving his lips as he looked up at a tight lipped Diva who looked like he was honestly trying not to laugh. Out of playfulness, he shoved Key's footing which caused him to lose balance and topple over, straight ontop of Jonghyun. It was cute for the first moment but as the laughter died out and Jonghyun looks up into Key's eyes, he saw an emotion he had never seen before. Faces only inches apart, both of their hearts sped up, and a bumbling Kibum jumped off and ran off to finish packing with a hurried; "We are leaving in 10 minutes." 

"Ok." Jonghyun was now as red as a tomato, but was thinking only of Kibum as he got changed. What was the emotion he just saw in the piercing eyes of the diva was it Love? Longing? No, Jonghyun was pretty sure he didn't feel that way about him. Kibum wasn't gay, was he?

Walking to the mirror which hung above a worn down side table, he flattened out his hair and stuffed a baseball hat on to hide the horrid regrowth of black from his blonde hair; "Ready to leave when you are."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AN: leave me a comment and tell me what you think so far. Thank you~! :D