Chapter 13 - I'm So Sorry Jong-. (REDONE)

The Things You Do For The One You Love

A/N: Cause he's so freakin' y ;)

Present

The soft, morning light beamed through the thin curtains, illuminating the dull room. Key stirred awake and reached for Jonghyun but instead of his hand landing on a warm body, it fell onto the empty space. Blinking his eyes, he blearily sat up and realised Jonghyun wasn’t in bed. Maybe he went out for coffee. Key thought. He swung his legs out of the bed and grabbed his pants and shirt from the floor and slipped them on. He looked down to realise all the buttons from his shirt were missing and smiled. Impatient Jonghyun as always. He shook his head and made his way to the couch. He saw a small mop of brown hair laying down and smiled brightly.

“Ah~ Jonghyun you’re here, you do realise if you keep taking my shirts of by force I’m going to have none left right.” His light laugh filled the room until he saw the look on Jonghyun’s face.
“Jong, what’s wrong?” His smile turned into a frown and sat next to him on the couch. He reached out to touch his arm but was only brushed away.
“What’s this?” Jonghyun asked softly, passing the mobile phone to Key.

The diva looked puzzled at first but then realised it was his phone. Unlocking it, he saw the message to which Jonghyun must have been referring to and turned white.

"Why did you look through my phone?” Key questioned.
“Better yet, why is Taemin contacting you.” Jonghyun’s eyes shot daggers.Key couldn’t answer that without giving everything away so he stayed silent.

“What the hell is going on, I’m so confused. The said that they never wanted to see  us again and then they text you? And I know this isn’t the first time either, so tell it to me straight Kibum or I’m going to walk out that door right now and you’ll never see me again.” Jonghyun fumed, standing from the couch.

The room stayed silent as Key mentally fought with himself on whether to tell him or let him go.

“I got my answer.” Jonghyun turned to storm out the door when Key grabbed hold of his arm.
“Wait Jong, please.” His eyes pleaded but Jonghyun was too angry to sympathise.
“Why should I? I trusted you Key, I thought out of everyone, you would never be one to lie or trick me. “ Jonghyun ripped his arm away, but turned back to face the diva.
“We all just wanted to protect you.  We didn’t think you would work it out-“ As soon as the words left Key’s mouth, he instantly regretted them.
“What? Am I too dumb to work out that you’re all liars? That you guys twisted my feelings and left me broken in order to make things easier for yourselves? Was I just a toy to you?” Jonghyun’s eyes became misty.
“NO! IT WASN’T FOR US! IT WAS FOR THE REST OF THE COMPANY! WE WERE GOING TO BE DISBANDED!” Key shouted and instantly the mood changed.
“What? Why were we-“ Jonghyun asked, calmly.
“Because of what happened in Japan. They disbanded us because of what happened that day… the kiss.” Key lowered his head.
“Well, I’m going to go give them a piece of my mind.” He became determined when Key stopped him.
“No, we knew you would be irrational. This is why we didn’t tell you. We thought if Onew, Taemin and Minho all pretended that they no longer cared for you or me and left, it would be the easiest way for you to let go.” Key explained.
“That’s not fair. I loved them and the things they did really broke my heart and the fact you didn’t have the courage to tell me because I was going to be irrational’ about it is just crap you made up to find the easy way out.” Jonghyun told him.
“If you fought back, it would have not only damaged us but everyone else as well, SNSD, F(x), Super Junior… the list goes on Jong.” Key stressed.
“I would have wanted you to tell me, not taken care of me like a child. If you told me all this, I wouldn’t have fought. I would have complied as long as my family would stay by my side. Remember how when we started, Onew told all of us; Family is Forever. That stuck to me and I thought families trusted each other. But I guess I was wrong. We both are going to go find Onew, Taemin and Minho so I can rip them a new one as well.” Jonghyun rose from the couch and went to leave the room.
“I’m so sorry Jonghyun.” Key told him but with no avail.
“Me too Key. This thing that we had, was built on lies. Please just… leave me alone.” Jonghyun sighed and left the room.

Key dropped his head and tears rushed down his face in sadness and regret. I should have trusted him, I’m so stupid. He punched the pillow next to him.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The whole trip had been spent in absolute silence. Jonghyun had given Key the silent treatment so no matter how much the Diva tried to get his attention, it was with no avail. They only spent one more night in that motel room and no matter how much Kibum insisted, Jonghyun still slept on the couch. They were now sitting on a plane heading to Canada.

“I know your ignoring me but is this such a great idea Jonghyun? I mean, we did this to protect you.” Key must have said this line to him repeatedly for the last couple of hours.
“Shut up Kibum.” Jonghyun hissed to him.

Key slumped in his seat. At least he said something to me this time. Kibum thought solemnly.

“So what are you going to do when you get there huh? Throw a tantrum for us not telling you and just hand our asses over to our manager? I’d expect much better from you.” Kibum taunted, hoping to get a rise from him but all he did was clench his jaw and look away.
“Actually, from someone like you, I don’t expect any better. You’re just irrational and hard headed.” Kibum crossed his arms and looked into Jonghyun’s angry eyes. Kibum smiled in satisfaction and leaned away from him.
“You don’t get it do you Key?” Jonghyun’s lip twitched in anger.

Finally, I am getting somewhere. Kibum thought proudly to himself.

“I am not going to go there just to have our asses handed to us. What you guys did wasn’t to protect me. I realised that it’s because you guys were too scared to face the fact that we were no longer going to be a group, no longer going to be known as SHINee. We had spent our whole time as trainees wanting to be given a chance to be normal again, but when that time came, when our world became threatened you took the easy way out. You convinced yourselves that I would be ‘happier’ this way, but you didn’t want to stand on the final stage and give everything up. But you know what? Even if we did leave our celebrity days behind, we would still be a family. That would never change, that’s what scared you guys the most didn’t it? We may just leave and forget about each other. But remember: Family is Forever.” Jonghyun said before turning away in a huff.

Kibum was speechless. How had he…? Kibum sat in silence, Jonghyun’s words echoing around his head. It was so true, why didn’t he see it before? They weren’t doing this for Jonghyun, they were being selfish.

“You… You’re right Jonghyun. We were selfish and unkind to your feelings and there is no way we can ever make up to you for that. I mean, we are family and the fact we just used you as an excuse to leave is so wrong. I am so sorry.” Kibum hung his head in shame.
“I shouldn’t have had to spell it out for you.” Jonghyun replied.
“I know. I’m sorry.” Kibum frowned.
“Please stop apologising.” Jonghyun crossed his arms and slumped in his seat.

Kibum smiled, he loved Jonghyun and hoped that one day, he would forgive him and they could be together again, because in his heart, a world without Jonghyun in it was a world not worth living in.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Ok, i know it was kind of a short chapter, i'm sorry. I have a writers block at the moment so can you let me know what you think of this chapter? I found this GIF and it made me sad... I hate seeing him or any of the other boys cry :'(

Please let me know what you think, i'll update soon... i promise~! Thank you to all my subscribers by the way... you guys make me so happy <3 Love you all xx