Chapter 6 - Consequences

The Things You Do For The One You Love

Past

“Lee Jinki, do you understand the seriousness of this?” The manager whispered to the leader, whose head was bowed, trying to avoid eye contact. As he remained silent the manager sighed.
“You understand what we have to do… don’t you?” The manager slid out of his chair and walked to the large window. Onew dared to look up, stealing glances around the small office, he was here alone as a representation of the group.
“We will immediately disband SHINee, your contracts are almost up anyway so you will all do a farewell tour and then it will be over.” The manager swerved around and caught Onew’s eye, daring him to reject it.
“But-“ Onew began quietly.
“No. Are you aware on how much money it took us for them not to release the footage?” The manager cut him off, glaring him down.
“We can fix this, we will make sure it will never happen again-“ He protested.
“NO! WE CAN’T RISK IT! WHAT HAPPENS IF IT HAPPENS AGAIN, HUH?! HOW ARE WE GOING TO EXPLAIN IT!” He screamed.
“It never will-“ He pleaded.
“LOOK JINKI, THIS IS BIGGER THAN YOU, BIGGER THAN YOUR GROUP.” He spat.
“Please, don’t do this, this is our family. We are all brothers, you can’t split us up.” Onew began tearing up.

The manager strode forward and raised his hand and backhanded Onew. Surprised, he instantly became quiet.

“You will go tell them. We will deal with the press and media, you must tell them that the next tour is the last.” The manager was red in the face as he spoke over Onew, who only nodded and rose from his chair. Sombrely, he went back to the dorm room. He slowly opened the front door and slipped in, carefully, he took his shoes off and stood in the doorway of the living room. Looking in, he saw Taemin and Minho playing their video games as Jonghyun and Key cheered them on.

“Taeminnie~ It’s my turn. Hand over the remote.” He sang to the Maknae.
“Please, just one more Hyung~!” Taemin whined.

Onew smiled, he would miss the laughing, smiling and good times with them all together. Telling them was going to break their hearts, just like his own.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Present

Arriving at the airport, Onew let out a sigh of relief. It felt so good to be on solid land again. Making their way to the luggage area, they waited patiently as the bags passed by. Onew heard some whispering behind him and turned slightly. Listening in, he heard a young girls voice behind him say; “Isn’t that Minho from SHINee?”

Oh crap. He thought before leaping for their luggage. Hurryingly he pulled them all off the conveyer. Minho and Taemin gave him a strange look before taking a look around. Girls had begun to group together, pointing and staring at them. They began to panic, grabbing their luggage, and walk really quickly. Girls instantly surrounded them, asking questions and taking photographs.

“Why did the group split up?” A girl with pigtails questioned.
“I Love you Taemin~!” Another girl yelled, attracting more of a crowd.
“Minho-hyung, what do we do?” Taemin leaned in close to Minho causing a few girls to scream.
“Run on the count of three, one, two-“ Minho whispered to the two.
“Kkum sogui ne eolguri maeil bam ttokgateunde, Jom deo gakkawojil ttaedo ijen doen geot gateunde.” Onew began to sing, causing the girls to stop screaming and stare in awe.
Catching on, Minho sang; “Saljjak misoman heulligo geudaero neoneun sarajyeo.” Stepping around the girls.
“Maeil ireoke ttokgachi neoreul bonael sun eomneunde.” Taemin sang Jonghyun’s part and followed Minho.

They continued to sing and walk out of the airport, dancing around the girls who smiled and giggled, filming them. They made it out the door and ran to a nearby cab, throwing themselves in. The girls just stood at bay, cheering and calling out. Just how were they going to ever escape when it was so easy to be recognised?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Just a few quick notes, Obviously there manager is not violent, it’s just for the story. And… can anyone guess what song they sing at the airport? I am sorry this was such a short chapter, I’ll hopefully update a better one later this week. I also took the song lyrics straight from the K-pop Lyrics website, so if they are wrong, I am sorry -.- Please let me know what you think by subscribing and leaving a message, thank you~!