Chapter 22 - Final, Part 1 - It's Hard To Say Final Goodbyes

The Things You Do For The One You Love

"Taemin, Minho, you're home." The leader stood from the couch and made his way over to the younger couple.
"Yeah, we finished early to come back and see you." Taemin smiled happily.
"Thanks, but you didn't have to." Onew grinned and took a look at the front door as it opened and the two other boys came in.
"Jonghyun-hyung, Kibum." Minho looked over at the two elder men.
"What, no -hyung for me?! So much disrespect Minho-ah!" Key slapped him over the head with his handbag.
"I'm sorry, I'm sorry." The frog laughed, ducking away from the aggressive diva.
"Minho, can I please speak to you in private?" The leader rubbed his foot against the wooden floors and looked nervously at the group.
"Sure, Onew-Hyung." He smirked at Kibum and grabbed the leaders' arm, pulling him away unexpectantly.
"Uh.. what was that about?" Jonghyun asked.
"Probably an official goodbye, considering we haven't actually done on for each other yet." Taemin spoke, looking much older than he was.
"Oh ok." Within a blink of an eye, the maknae and key had disappeared leaving Jonghyun alone in the doorway.
"Whaa! Why am I let alone?" Jonghyun pouted and shuffled his way into the living room, flopping on the couch.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Minho-ah, I want you to be happy but you know what's going to happen when you move away, right?" Onew asked, eyebrows raised. The two boys sat in the small kitchen on the floor with the lights off.
"Yes." Minho looked down at his hands and the leader wrapped an arm around his shoulder.
"I'm sorry, you need to let go of Taemin-ah." Jinki leant against the smaller boy in hoping that the small signs of affection would comfort his breaking heart.
"I know. When I confessed in Canada, it was for my own selfish gain and I can see that now. I will always love him but I suppose that because he is so young, he thinks he loves me back. I can tell that's not the case and I know letting him go isn't going to be easy for either of us, but I promise you hyung that I will try." Tears welled in the boys' eyes making the leader become very sad.
"Hyung?" He asked in a shaky voice.
"Yes Minho?" Onew replied, looking down at his form, now looking much younger than he really was.
"Why can't I have my true love return my feelings?" Jinki wiped the tears away and replied;
"Because maybe Taemin isn't your true love."
"If he isn't, why does my heart hurt so much?" He pulled away from Onew's arm and rose from the ground. Peering into the youngers' eyes, he looked so broken and upset.
"I'm sorry Minho it won't work out for you." The leader rose and pulled him into a hug.
"I'm going to miss him Hyung. So much." The sobs erupted from his chest heavier now.
"I know." Jinki patted his hair in a soothing way.
"I'll miss you too Hyung."
"I'll miss you too froggy."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Kibum-Hyung, it hurts!" Taemin winced and pulled away from the diva. They were seated on the soft bed, Key trying to pull the bobby pins out of the wig.
"If you keep struggling, it will hurt." Kibum pulled out the last ones out of the thick wig.
"That's so much better." The maknae slid his hand through his hair in relief.
"Yeah, you are so much prettier as yourself." He passed the younger a clean make-up wipe.

They both removed their thick layers of make-up they were wearing and changed into their pajamas.

"Make sure you eat right, ok? I don't want to see you obese and covered in pimples in ten years, do you understand? I also want you to keep up your exercise regime and don't forget to brush your teeth after sweets. I know you sometimes forget but remember for me, ok?" Kibum pulled the maknae into his lap, worrying over him like a mother hen.
"Yes Umma." He nestled into the elders' lap, making himself comfortable.
"Enjoy the states, I think it will be a good experience for you." Key brushed the fluffy hair from his eyes.
"I know, you enjoy Europe." Taemin tried to smile but it just failed.
"Oh, please don't cry Taemin." Kibum's face grew sad as the maknae's bottom lip started quivering.
"Ok." His head droppe to look at the ground, tears spilling from the young boys' eyes, "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry."
"Nothing to be sorry for, I love you Tae-baby." Key gently took a hold of Taemin's chin and tilted his head up to meet his eye level. He reached up and wiped the falling tears away with the pad of his thumb before placing a light kiss on his lips.
"I love you too Umma." He pulled the elder into a tight hug.
"I'm really going to miss you Minnie." He mumbled, nuzzling into his shoulder.
"I'll miss you too." The maknae responded, fresh tears leaving streaks once again down the younger boys' innocent face.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jinki padded down the empty hallway to the living room where he discovered Jonghyun spread out watching a korean drama.

"Jonghyun?" The leader whispered, leaning on the back of the lounge.
"What?" Onew sighed at his tone but continued on anyway.
"You should go comfort Minho-ah, he seems pretty upset. There is nothing more I can do." Jinki's eyes grew sad although Jong's eyes remained on the TV.
"Why don't you send Taemin to do it?" He asked, finally rolling over and was surprised to meet Onew's sharp stare.
"Minnie can't help him this time." He gritted through his teeth.

Jonghyun's eyes grew wide as he flung himself off the couch. As if by clockwork, Kibum and Taemin arried in the doorframe, their hands lightly linked. Jonghyun snatched Key's wrist and pulled him along despite his numorous protests.

"What was that about Hyung?" The maknae's eyes grew wide.
"Nothing important. Come on Minnie, we have to talk." Onew reached from the youngers' hand and took it gently in his own, leading him down to the shared bedroom.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Minho-ah?" Jonghyun called into the darkness, afraid of what he might see.
"Why did you pull me away like that?" Kibum snapped.
"I think I'll need your help to fix..." Jonghyun reached for the light switch and the bright fluroscent light, "...that."

Key followed the direction of his pointed finger to the younger man who was seated up against the cupboard , knees pulled tightly to his chest, tear streaks runing down his olive skin. They were both shocked to see the usually happy boy in a pit of sadness. The boys felt a twinge in their hearts, it hurt to see their friend like that.

"Froggy?" Kibum was the first to approach the distraught younger.

Before anyone could react, Minho dropped his legs and pulled Key into a tight hug, almost crushing the diva's feminine frame. Jonghyun made his way over, squatted next to his friend and squirming lover. Leaning forward, he wiped away the tears forming in Minho's eyes once again.

"What's wrong?" He asked
"I would prefer not to talk about it, it hurts to much. I just need... you guys to be here for me right now." He blushed a light pink shade as he rested his chin on Kibum's shoulder.
"Ok." The boys' sat in silence, the two eldest comforting the younger.
"I'll miss you guys." Minho sobbed.
"We'll miss you too." Jonghyun petted his hair as Kibum squeezed his waist before giving him a light peck.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Onew-hyung?" The maknae shuffled closer to the elder, looking up into his sad eyes.
"I'm sorry Taemin-ah, you had so much potential-" Jinki's eyes filled with tears.
"No, If I couldn't share my talent with you guys infront of others, I wouldn't want to share it at all." The younger boy sat up straight and kissed the elders' cheek before wiping his falling tears away with his thumb.
"I still feel guilty." Onew pulled him into a hug.
"You shouldn't, it isn't your fault. Hyung, I feel bad." The maknae frowned.
"Why, are you sick?"
"No, it's just there are five of us and a couple makes two so... you are all left out."
"It's ok." Onew smiled weakly down at the small boy.
"No, I wish there was a sixth member." Taemin smiled up at him.
"It's ok, really." He tried to convince the maknae.
"Wait, are you seeing someone Hyung?" His eyes went wide and pointed an accusing finger at the leader.
"N-no." He stuttered as he moved away from Taemin.
"You are, who is it?"
"Keep your voice down!" Onew tried hushing him.
"Ok, will you tell me who it is?" The maknae wiggled his eyebrows at the elder.
"It doesn't matter anymore. We had to... end it... for now." Jinki gave him a weak smile.
"It's just for now. It'll be ok Hyung, if it's meant to be, it will work out. Like me and Minho-Hyung. We'll be together again as well." He smiled brightly and the leaders' heart broke to the sound of those words.
"Just know that... whatever happens, we all love you." Jinki petted his hair affectionately.
"Yah! You make it sound like I'm never seeing anyone ever again," Taemin giggled, I love you Hyung, I really am going to miss you."
"I'm going to miss you too Tae-baby."

Standing up, the leader led the maknae out of the bedroom, both of their eyes sad. Making their way to the living room, they saw the three other boys' sprawled on the couch watching a movie. Onew made a peak at Minho and although his eyes were still abit swollen, he looked much better. Making eye contact, the younger gave Jinki a small smile and nodded appreciatively towards him. Onew let out a sigh of relief, he was worried that the frog was going to hold a grudge against him. Taemin gave them confused look before making his way over to his lover. The maknae dropped on his lap and gave him a small peck before nuzzling into his chest. Jinki watched them with both pain and happiness in his heart.

"Jonghyun-ah?" The leader called to the small brunnette who rose to his feet and made his way to Jinki.
"'Sup Hyung?" 
"Come on." Jinki rolled his eyes and pulled the boy into the spare room.
"You're not going to seduce me, right hyung?" Jonghyun raised an eyebrow, keeping a wide smile on his face.
"Kibum would kill me before I even tried. He has a sixth sense about these things." Onew laughed, happy that Jonghyun was trying to keep the dire situation light. They remained in a comfortable silence for a moment before Jinki asked;
"Have you decided where you are going when you finish tomorrow?"
"Yes, I am going to Australia. Sydney to be precise, to become a vocal teacher." He smiled warily before sitting down on the bed nearby.
"Wow, that's so far from everyone else Jong." Onew made his way over and sat down next to the boy.
"I know, but I think it would be good to be away." He smiled, staring up at the leader.
"What are you thinking right now?" Jinki took a seat next to him, focusing on his expressions.
"I love Kibum, but I hope he finds someone better overseas. He deserves better than this." Tears slipped from his eyes and Onew pulled him into a tight hug.
"I will miss you Jonghyun." The leader muffled into his neck.
"I'll miss you too."
"When you're ready, can you go get Kibum for me? He's the last one I have to say goodbye to." He pulled away and wiped the tears falling from the youngers' eyes.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Will you two get a room... please?" Key rolled his eyes.

Taemin had straddled the frogs' lap and was kissing him with passion. Minho's hands had dissapeared up the maknae's shirt who responded by rolling his hips into the elders' pelvis making him moan.

"That's just, no." Kibum made noises of disgust as the younger of the two moved from the others' lips and began placing kisses down his neck making him moan louder.
"Key? Onew wants-" The diva launched from the couch and bolted down the hallway.
"O-Ok." Jonghyun looked confused before looking over at the youngers'.
"I want to watch television, I am not sitting next to this." Jonghyun walked forward and grabbed Taemin by the belt loop. He picked him by the waist band pulling him away from Minho which made both of the youngers' whine. Jong looked down and saw that the elder had a tent in his jeans.

"Wait for 20 minutes than you can have all the you need." Jonghyun dumps the maknae on the other end of the couch and sat between them. He also looked over and saw that Taemin had awkwardly placed a pillow over his crouch.
"Oh, hang on. You two have never had ... right?" He gave a toothy grin, looking between the two of them as they blushed red in response.
"But you both seem so , How do you solve...that." He pointed at Minho's as he crossed his legs.
"We have ways. Just... not the way you think." Taemin mumbled.
"But the easy way to do it is you spread his-" Jonghyun started using is hands to describe the actions.
"Shut up Jong." Minho punched his in the arm.
"If you want, I could help you two out. I could demonstrate first with Taemin and Minho, you can watch so you can-" Jonghyun laughed as the other two started hitting him with pillows.
"YAH!!! I'm just kidding. Just kidding." He put his hands up in defense, laughing.
"I'm going to miss your sense humour Jong." Taemin laughed, shoving him lightly.
"I'm going to miss you too kiddo." He ruffled the youngers' hair playfully.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jinki had not been looking forward to saying good-bye to Kibum. This was definetly going to be the hardest because even though he won't admit it out loud, Key had a special place in his heart. They were seated against the wall of the bedroom, the moonlight shining through the window their only light source.

"Kibum, I-" Onew broke mid-sentence, his throat clogged with tears.
"Words are unnessecary between us Hyung." Kibum's head was rested on the leaders' lap whilst he reached up and gently carressed the elders' cheek lovingly.
"I know, but I have so much-" Key sat up and pulled him in for a gentle kiss. It was short lived but settled the feelings between them as they sat in silence.
"I love you Hyung."
"I love you too."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Now I am going to beg for your  forgiveness as I have not updated this in a while. *Bows profusively*. I was going to update the final chapter as a whole but it was a bit long and I didn't want you guys to wait any longer. I am back at Uni now so it's hard for me to update but I'll try my hardest. I thought they deserved to say goodbye to each other properly but some of them were harder situations for me to imagine than others. One thing with OnKey was, I thought these two shared a special bond and if they ever said good-bye, this is how it would be. Though they shared a small kiss, it doesn't mean anything before I start getting hateful comments against OnKey.  Although all the members said I love you to each other, they mean it as family (i just thought I would clear that up incase anyone became confused).I will update the very final chapter this week and there will definetly be a sequel, I have already got a poster made by "Chiihan" and it's freaking amazing~! If you want to check out the new story poster, it's in the Hyperlink below:

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/507084/happy-endings-no-longer-exist-angst-jongkey-romance-sad-shinee

Here is some pictures of other pairings:

TaeminXKibum:                                                                                  OnewXJonghyun

\

OnewXKibum:                                                                                    OnewXTaemin:

MinhoXKibum:                                                                                                    MinhoXOnew

MinhoXJonghyun:

Thank you for reading and stay well until next time~! Love you all, Toshie_Marie xx