Chapter 9 - I'm sick of being the Third Wheel!

The Things You Do For The One You Love

This image pretty much sums up this chapter, i love Onew to bits and it's sad to think he has no-one :( (Well not no-one, he has me but he doesn't know i exist so... ;D )

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Past

 

“It’s our family Min.” The maknae’s eyes filled with tears as he sat on his hyung’s bed.
“We’re doing what’s best Minnie.” He stressed the point once again, avoiding eye contact. He couldn’t stand it when he cried, and knew he would cave if he looked into his watery eyes.
“I can’t do it. It’ll break Jong-Hyung heart.” He dropped his head into his hands and began to sob.

Minho gave in and sat next to the small boy, wrapping his arms tightly around his shoulders. He pulled him to his chest and placed his chin onto of Minnie’s head.

“It will be ok. Kibum said he’ll look after Jong.” Minho whispered into his hair.
“Will we ever get to see him again?” The Maknae mumbled, pulling his hands away from his face.
“Of course we will. Just… Not for a little while. Jonghyun will be ok, he’s strong and deep down, he knows we love him.” Minho smiled and wiped the tears from underneath his eyes.
“Ok.”

That was that and they sat in silence for a little while. Taemin frowned, realising something and pulled away from Minho’s tight grip.

“Min?” Taemin began, getting a good look at his hyungs’ face.
“What is it?” Minho’s face looked puzzled.
“Do you… like Jonghyun?” Taemin let a small, sly smile creep onto his face.
“Of course I do. Don’t you?” Minho seemed shocked.
“No Min… like, LIKE Jonghyun.” Taemin wiggled his eyebrows.
“Taemin-ah! No!” Minho protested, his cheeks heating at the accusation.
“Ah~ Our little froggy has a crush~!” Taemin sung, his face looking full of life again.
“No Taemin, keep it down, the others might hear you.” Minho pleaded, pulling the Maknae close to him and wrapped his fingers over his mouth.

“Wob wob, wob wob wob wob.” Taemin muffled.
“What?” Minho pulled his hands away to reveal a giggling Taemin.
“I said; Thank you for cheering me up.” He smiled.
“We’ll do this together.” Minho told him, a hint of seriousness in his voice.
“Yes, because families stick together and do what’s best for their brothers.” Taemin nodded, now understanding.

Just on the other side of the door sat Onew, listening in. He was concerned that Taemin wouldn’t agree in the end and he hoped Minho would change that. Sighing in relief, he jumped up and headed to the lounge where Jonghyun and Key were playing video games.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Present

Just one more won’t hurt. He thought, grabbing another bottle. This was his fifth drink and he was now no longer sober. He heard, Taemin giggling in the other room and it made him sigh and take another drink. He was sick of feeling like a third wheel in all this, like it was a game to them. The whole time, the other two spent it like it was their bloody honeymoon, laughing and smiling. They would often disappear together leaving Onew all alone. Feeling frustrated he stood up and went outside to cool off. Stumbling out, he sat in the snow, oblivious to the freezing weather conditions. He heard Minho and Taemin run around the house and groaned. He placed his head in his hands and wished for his heart to stop hurting. He missed the other members so much, he missed the times the five of them would eat together, dance together, sing together. Rolling out of the snow, he drunkenly went for a walk down the road. He heard a siren and turned to see two police officers pull over and walk to him. Blinking deliriously, he could make out one male and one female.

“Sir, are you ok?” The female one asked.
“I don’t want to go home.” He slurred.
“Sir, are you OK?” She repeated the question stronger this time.
“I think my roommates might be ing each other and it’s not fair, cause I don’t have anyone. I’m lonely. When there was five of us,” He held up his fingers to demonstrate, “It wasn’t like this but now Minho has Taemin and Taemin has Minho so where’s my buddy?” He frowned becoming very angry at the situation.
“Do you know what language he is speaking?” The female one asked the other.
“No.” The male shook his head.
“Sir, do you speak Canadian?” The woman asked.
“I don’t want any beans. I said buddy. buddy. Are you offering?” Onew drunkenly smiled and winked at her, taking another swig from his bottle.
“I think we might need to go down to the station to find someone who can understand what he is saying.” She offered to the other policeman who nodded.
“Hey, are you listening?” He threw his now empty bottle across the road and watched as it smashed.
“wee~” He said to himself and giggled.
“Sir, you need to come with us.” The male grabbed his arm but Onew saw it as an aggressive act and punched the officer. Surprised, the officer let go and reached up to touch his spilt lip.

The other officer grabbed Onew’s arms and twisted it behind his back and kicked the back of his knees causing him to kneel.

“Sir, you are under arrest for the assaulting of a police officer. Anything you saw from this point on will be held against you in the court of law. Do you understand?” She asked snapping handcuffs onto his wrist.
“I think I am going to puke.” He leaned forward and threw up some of the alcohol he just consumed. He felt dizzy, sick and confused and couldn’t understand a word any of them said. He was pulled off the ground and shoved into the back of the police cruiser.

* * *

“Where did he go?” Taemin questioned, looking around for Onew.
“I don’t know.” Minho looked confused and worried.

It had been almost four hours and they had absolutely no idea where their comrade was. Suddenly, the phone rang causing them to both jump.

“Hello?” Minho answered.
“We need you to come down to the police station for questioning. We have your… friend down here and we need to speak to you.” A gruffed voice said from the other side of the line.
“Wait, why is Onew down there?” Minho frowned.
“He assaulted a police officer and we need you to come collect him.” Minho was surprised, Onew wouldn’t hurt anyone.
“Ok, we’ll be there soon.” Minho hung up the phone and grabbed his jacket.
“Min, what’s wrong?” Taemin asked, also grabbing his coat.
“Onew’s been arrested, I’ll explain the rest on the way.” Minho pushed Taemin out the door and locked up behind him.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: I realised in a lot of stories, Minho has Taemin and Jonghyun has Key but Onew has no-one and it’s really sad. I thought maybe it sometimes get to him, and he’s been stuck with 2min for too long and finally snapped. I know the sweet Onew would never hurt anyone but I needed him arrested for the next chapter J Anyway, sorry about my rant, I hope you guys enjoyed the chapter and I’ll update soon~! XD Please remember to leave a comment and subscribe, thank you J

Disclaimer: I do not own SHINee or SM entertainment.