Chapter 11 - Disbanding and Safe Keeping

The Things You Do For The One You Love

Past

“Wh-what is this?” Jonghyun asked as Onew, Taemin and Minho stood by the door all holding a variety of duffle bags.
“We’re leaving.” Minho stated simply.
“Do you guys have a CF filming you’re going to that I don’t know about?” Jonghyun asked hopefully, though he had a sinking feeling in the pit of his stomach that he was wrong.
“No, we’re leaving here.” Onew explained.
“We all took a vote and decided we can’t take any more risks. You are too irresponsible and irrational Jonghyun, look at the trouble you caused for Onew with our manager.” Minho’s threw a bit of anger into his voice.
“He said everything was ok, that there was nothing to worry about.” Jonghyun stressed.
“No, I can’t live here knowing that if the fans find out your gay, it’s going to take all of us down. We have futures to think about, and we’re not going to let you destroy them because of your life choice.” Minho pursed his lips.

Onew and Taemin swivelled their heads to look at Minho thinking he had gone a bit far with the acting.

“I thought we were a family.” Jonghyun’s voice finally broke.

Taemin had to look away, he couldn’t bare to see his hung that way. I know this is what’s best, but it hurts so much. Taemin thought. Minho noticed and gently but quickly, gave him a light pat on the hand.

“No, not anymore.” Minho swallowed the lump that had now formed in his throat. Key walked into the room and finally realised what was going on and took a stand next to Jonghyun.

“Onew, do you really feel this way?” Jonghyun turned to look at Onew. The leaders eyes widened slightly, and his hand formed a fist. Right now, Onew could not have hated himself more, having to lie to him.

“Yes, I hate the fact our family has to be split because of your irrational thinking. I thought you were better and more self-control than that.” Jonghyun stared in disbelief, out of everyone; he thought Onew wouldn’t be one to be against him.
“It will never happen again, I won’t get caught.” Jonghyun told them.
“We’re not going to take chances.” Minho stated.
“Taemin?” Jonghyun desperately looked at the Maknae.

Taemin didn’t know how to respond, looking into Jonghyun’s eyes at that moment, he thought for sure he was going to spill everything. He raised his head and swallowed his doubt and spoke strongly;

“I hate you for what you’ve done. You couldn’t have kept it a secret? You couldn’t pretend for the sake of our family that everything was normal?” Taemin bit his lip and shook his head.

At that very moment, Tension had filled the air like a thick blanket and tears welled up in Jonghyun’s eyes as his heart shattered into a million pieces. The door opened with a creak and the three of them had walked out without looking back. Jonghyun sunk to his knees as he began to sob loudly. His heart was left torn out and open to bleed.

“Please, PLEASE tell me you’re not leaving me to Kibum.” Jonghyun hiccupped.
“No, I’m not going anywhere.” He took a seat next to Jonghyun on the floor and wrapped his arms around his shoulders in order to comfort him.

From that time on, Key and Jonghyun left that apartment, they didn’t want to be the ones to have to tell the manager that three of the members had left. They travelled from place to place in search for some where to call home once again but it wasn’t the same. SHINee was a family and family meant all of them together. Not two, not three, but the five of them.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Present

“Do you know how long I have been searching for your sorry asses?” The manager’s voice was calm yet deadly.

They all avoided eye contact in fear that their manager’s look would literally kill them.

“It just so happens your obsessive fan girls uploaded that video of you in the airport to your official website, and then they also found a video called Drunk guy gets violent, Which so happened to be Onew getting arrested by police officers stating loudly to the world where you were. I made a few phone calls and found out you were all being held here so I came to collect you. But I ‘m confused, why are there only three of you?” He asked, glaring at Onew.

They stayed silent, they needed to protect the whereabouts of Key and Jonghyun to keep them safe. The manager sighed, before moving around the table to Taemin, he was going to be the easiest to break. Grabbing his hair, he pulled him roughly back to look at him. In an instant Minho got up with a fierce look in his eyes but Onew grabbed him before he could attack the manager.

“You were always so protective of this boy Minho but I never understood why.” He told him before looking down at the squirming Maknae.

“if you do not tell them to meet us here at the police office within twenty-four hours, things are going to get really ugly for all of you. I gave you an option to leave quietly and I guess you played by your own rules.” He hissed at Taemin, before letting go of his head and storming out.

They stayed in silence for a while before they were all led to a cell for the night.

“I want them under constant surveillance, do you hear me?” The manager told the guards who nodded, taking positions outside their door.

They all sat on the ground in a small circle, huddled together.

“Are you ok Minnie?” Onew asked first.
“Yes, I’m fine.” Taemin tried to smile but was unsuccessful at convincing his Hyungs.
“What are we going to do? We have to leave them out of it.” Minho stated.
“Yes, but we should warn Key that the manager is after them so they should go somewhere where no-one will find them.” Onew told him.
“Is it really that bad if they come back though?” Taemin asked, confused.
“Minnie, this is not just about Jonghyun being gay and the fans finding out. It’s the fact that we all want to lead normal lives again and Key and Jonghyun should be able to do that. They shouldn’t be pulled back into this crazy world of fame. They should be happy.” Onew nodded.
“I just… miss them so much.” Taemin bowed his head.
“I know, me too. We’ll all see each other again one day.” Minho patted the Maknae on the head softly.

Taemin whipped out his phone and sent a quick message to Key about staying on the down low. He then highlighted all the messages and wiped them from his phone, so no trace of Key and Jonghyun remained. It’s for the best. Taemin nodded to himself.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: I’m sorry it took me a while to update, I had a little bit of a writers block and still not too sure if I was happy with the result of the breakup of the group -.-‘ Anyways, I hope you enjoyed the chapter and I’ll update again soon J Oh, btw, the manager probably isn’t that mean or violent, just helped along the story that way. Please leave a comment and tell me what you think, thank you for reading~! :D

Disclaimer: I don’t own SHINee or SM entertainment.