Chapter 4 - Apology

The Things You Do For The One You Love

A batch of butterflies flew around Minho’s belly as he approached the shared bedroom; hesitantly he raised his hand and gave two sharp knocks.

“Who is it?” A soft voice called through the door.
“M-Minho.”  He nervously said.

A long pause drifted through the air as he held his breath waiting for his response. Minho was just about to give up when he heard a shuffling of feet approaching the door. With a clunk, the door swung open and Jonghyun blocked the doorway. Arms crossed, his eyebrows were knitted together yet there were a slight tint of tears in his eyes, Minho’s heart twinged with guilt.

“What do you want?” He snapped, voice filled with anger.
“I wanted to talk.” Minho quietly responded.
“Then speak.” Jonghyun leaned against the doorframe, waiting patiently.

The other SHINee members heard what was happening and gathered around to watch what scenes unfolded before them.

“I am so sorry Jonghyun. I was rude, inconsiderate and I wasn’t thinking about your feelings.” Minho’s voice was thick with guilt.
“Why were you so angry?" Jonghyun asked, shaking his head.
“Because I think it will be best for the group if it remains a secret for a little while longer. You need to think about how this will affect us as a group if you tell the fans and managers. We risk being instantly disbanded; don’t you remember what happened to that rookie band, “Temper” a few years ago?” Minho explained.
“I completely forgot about that.” Jonghyun responded,  eyes going wide.
“ Temper? Who’s that?” Taemin interrupted.
“That’s right, because you were so young at the time, we didn’t tell you but there was a group that debuted a year before us. They were amazing, the group of guys instantly rose to the top within a few months. Unfortunately, two of the members confessed their love for each other on stage at a concert, thinking no-one would mind. The fans shunned them and the company automatically disbanded them.” Onew told the Maknae
“Oh.” Taemin’s expression dropped.
“But our fans may be different, they might understand.” Jonghyun pleaded.
“What if they don’t, would you be able to stand being disbanded?” Minho questioned.
“I suppose not.” Jonghyun whispered.
“Again, I am very sorry Jonghyun, I am happy you found yourself but I can’t let you destroy our group.” Minho replied.

Cautiously, Jonghyun took a step forward and wrapped his arms around Minho. Smiling, Minho patted him softly on the back, as the small boy began to cry. The rest of SHINee gathered around and they formed a group hug. Minho leaned closer to Key and whispered an apology which he took with a nod of his head.

“No matter what happens Jonghyun, family is forever. We’ll never leave each other, even if we are disbanded.” Onew whispered among them all.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just a quick note, Temper is not a real group, just a figment of my imagination. Thank you for reading, please remember to comment and subscribe. Thank you~!