Stand by me

Back to Day Zero ♥ [sequel to memory box ♥]

Minho pov:

Since last week incident, I’ve resumed my activity with SHINee already. Although I am still slightly awkward with them, it has been improving every day.

“…you are the best oppa!!”

Hiro’s words are constantly in my mind. Her encouragement and support never ceased to cheer me up. She is always with me unless she has classes, which really touches me. Now, whenever I feel uncomfortable or upset, I would always go to her. I don’t know whether or not is it because she was my girlfriend, but she is someone that has become extremely special and precious to me.

Sometimes, I would wonder if I am in love with her now. I would have the urge to go and hug her but I can’t. If my mind is just joking with me and I later realise that I don’t actually like her, I’ll hurt her a lot.

“…..BWOH?!” I was distracted by a loud shock behind me.

I turned around and saw Hiro on the phone, with an unpleasant expression spread across her face.

All of us crowded around her and waited.

“..deh…deh…I understand….thank you” Her voice was trembling as she answered.

Slowly she dropped her hand and her eyes were dull and her face turned pale.

“What’s the matter? Who was that?” I asked.

“dad is in the hospital.” She pulled her hair away from her face and collapsed onto the chair behind her. “Ottokhae…” She repeated while looking at the floor.

I looked at my manager and without saying anything, he realised what I want to do. He nodded and gave me my bag.

I pulled Hiro up and the two of us went downstairs to the van and we went straight to the hospital.

As we walked into the hospital, her whole body was shaking and her eyes were filled with tears. I grabbed her hand pulled her closer to me as we walked.

“Hiro!” Her mum called to her as soon as she saw us. I let go of her and she hugged her mum. The two of them simply cried. I stood up and decided to leave them alone for awhile as I was feeling a bit uncomfortable.

As I turned the corner, I saw Kyuhyun hyung. “Hyung!” I waved to him.

“Minho, wheres Hiro? I heard from the boys that her dad is in the hospital!”

Should I tell him? I want to be the one comforting Hiro, I don’t want Kyuhyun hyung be her refuge. I want to protect her too.

“She’s really upset right now, I’m leaving her alone with he mum, she doesn’t want to see anyone, I don’t think you should bother her right now.” I answered.

He thought about it and nodded. “I guess you are correct, but I just want to give her some support”

“No, I don’t think it is good for you to see her now, just give her some private time with her mum….I am about to leave too, she doesn’t want anyone to be here”

He shrugged and looked at me, “if she doesn’t want it, then I guess I’ll leave.”  He started to relax, “Come on Minho, since you are leaving, you want a drive?”

I immediately shook my head, “no is okay hyung, I am going to get something first, is really near the hospital!” I rejected and lied.

He nodded and pat my back. “alright, see you bro”

I waited till he left the hospital and then I slowly walked back.

Pheww. That was close. I know that was mean but I guess it doesn’t do much harm.

When I got back, Hiro and her mum were talking to the doctor already.

Silently, I walked near them and joined the conversation.

~~~

Hiro pov:

After visiting my dad in the ward, I sent my mum home first while I went and buy dinner with Minho oppa. Dad was involved in a hostage crisis when he was in the bank. By the time the man was arrested, dad was severely injured already.

I shivered in the cold breezes of the night as we walked along the street.

Minho oppa took off his jacket and placed it around my shoulder. I looked at him and thanked him with a smile.

~~~

Hiro pov:

On our way home, I wasn’t focusing on the road in front of me and I stumbled and fell down, sprained my ankle

“Kwenchana?” Oppa quickly put the plastic bags down and knelt down next to me.

I didn’t say anything but I just pointed at ankle.

Without saying anything, he turned around and pulled my arms and placed it on his shoulder, around his neck. He stood up and carried me. “Oppa..is oka…” He cut me off by shushing me.

I obeyed and rested on his back.

As we got to my place, he let me down and gave me the bags.

“Komawo oppa” I smiled at him, reassuring him that I’ll be fine.

“Alright, stay safe and don’t cry.” He waved goodbye to me and waited for me to get into the building.

I’ve never seen a minho oppa with such gentleness.

I’ve been really confused lately. The minho oppa now is humorous, cheecky, has a weak side and can be gentle. It doesn’t seem right.

~~~

Minho pov:

Everyday since Hiro’s dad was admitted to hospital, I accompanied her to the hospital at least 4 times a week. I explained to manager and he was fine with it. Now that Hiro can’t be with me everyday, I’ve become more capable of working with the others by myself.

3  weeks later, her dad was discharged and was sent home.

Soon after that Hiro began to accompany me again, and we became a lot closer to each other.


15.07.11

4 more days till I leave.

I can now tell you that I will be able to finish back to day zero, I've been working really hard on it and I am nearly finish with writing it. Although i did intend it to be 30 chapters, but I had to cut it down to 15 chapters, since I don't have enough time.

I hope I am forgiven by all of you

Thank you for all your touching messages, I'll miss you all and thank you for your patience with me.