Chapter 8

A Boy's Life

 

Chapter 8

One particular day of the month of a big calendar of some k-pop artist that hanged on the wall was being circled in red. It was marked with a sticky note beside it which read “THE JUDGEMENT DAY”. It might sound sarcastic, but it really was that important to the owner of the note. The clock on the nightstand was ticking away and the time read 8:45A.M. The alarm wouldn’t go off for another 30 minutes. On the bed, long limbs were tangled with duvet and bed sheets. Few papers of song lyrics could be found under those limbs or on the floor. Sehun had been practically prepared and practiced for the whole day. He had put almost all his effort in this.  He wanted to please his club mates, and of course HIM in particular. To the now sleeping boy, Sehun, he found out that he was strangely attracted to that deer boy. It’s not love he’s pretty sure because he had did some research on it. He felt that he needed to know him when they first met in the club. The freaking need, full-stop…..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So there he is, Sehun, chanting to himself saying he can do it for maybe a gazillion times. Well you see this trial exams turned out differently than what the club members thought. It was always a cappella from the start and this information was kept shut out to them. A cappella has always been the hardest to perform. One will know if you can sing or not if that person is dong a cappella. Sehun got number 7 and it would be 3 more people to go before he stand out in front there. He silently pray to every GOD possible out there. It wasn’t long till his turn.

One by one, singing their best out. Jongin was not there with him today because he was arranged to sing on the second day trial and this scared the out of Sehun when he received text from Jongin this morning.  

“alright. Thank you. Please have a seat or you may leave if you want.” Luhan said all smileys.

Seeing his smile somehow ease some of his nervousness. He didn’t even noticed that some club members that had sang had left and there is only 5 including Sehun himself, which means out of 5, 1 had performed.

“Next up, Oh Sehun. Please step up.” Kyungsoo call out.

Hearing his name. He gulped hard. Never in his life had he ever been this nervous. He basically walked up front in mechanical mode. He took a glance at Luhan. He was smiling at him, mouthing an “it’s okay” to him and it really seems to work. Remembering his goal of why he is here now, he breathes in. It’s now or never. And thus his singing begins.

And there he goes, singing in front with no music. A cappella. Remembering the melody and ways of how Baekhyun taught him to sing and pronunciation of words. In 18 years of his life, this is the first time he sang a full song properly with technique. Of course he did sing when he is alone.

 

“Next up, Oh Sehun. Please step up.” Kyungsoo call out.

Luhan shifted his gaze to Sehun. By the look of it, he knew Sehun was nervous. He was looking at Sehun and when their eyes met, he gave Sehun a reassuring smile and mouthed and “it’s okay” to him. Luhan did not know why either. Something about this boy made him feel like taking care of him and also teasing him. It’s just foreign feeling to Luhan.

 

When Sehun started to sing, Luhan was absorbed into his song. To Luhan, Sehun wasn’t one who sings, but he was surprisingly good. He was not out of tune and something about his voice, it is attractive. Another thing Luhan noticed was that, Sehun changed the song of “Baby” into acoustic version and it couldn’t have suited him more. It was calming and soothing. Luhan was in awe and that’s when the rapping part came in. The song was so mysterious. It’s like magic. Luhan can only come out with a conclusion, which is his rapping skills is good, no, best. Only for Luhan, of course.

 

Luhan scanned the faces in the room. Kyungsoo looked shock and same goes to the club members. Seeing that, he was personally happy for Sehun. When he looked back to Sehun, Their eyes met. He smiled to him again.

 

 

The club members are now leaving the room. Everyone was done singing. And much to Kyungsoo satisfactory. A smiley Kyungsoo lock the club door before telling Luhan to go off first because he had things to do and with that he walked off. The club members then bid Luhan goodbye before going each way. And before Sehun can go off, Luhan called him.

“Sehun” Luhan called.

“errrrr… yeah?”

“You did great in there and I like it!!” Luhan said cheerily.

“Urm, well, haha… yeah… it’s not that great.” Sehun said scratching his neck nervously. But hearing Luhan complimented him couldn’t have made him happier. But the last 3 words made his heart flutter.

“Nuh-uh, no arguing with me.. You did great, trust me!” Luhan said wriggling his finger.

And before Sehun can spoke up, Luhan continued.

“Doing anything tomorrow afternoon?”

“I guess not. Why?” Sehun asked confused on the sudden question.

“Owh, I have these tickets to the musical stage of “catch me”. Kyungsoo and I are going. And we planned to give out this ticket to one of you guys that did great. And so I Picked you.”

“IS THIS A DATE!? OWH NO I AM SO NOT READY FOR THIS” SEHUN thought. But his mouth speaks other words.

“urm sure.” Sehun answered boldly. He was too busy with his thoughts and was only snapped back when someone pulled him on the wrist.

Luhan was pulling him. LU FREAKING HAN WAS FREAKING HOLDING HIS HAND!! Sehun could have fly to Jupiter or mars if that is even possible. Small part of him has this feeling of sweet happiness.

 “Let’s get to the cafeteria so we can discuss on the outing tomorrow, come come.” Luhan chirp while still pulling Sehun.

Sehun calmed himself down but then he let himself being pulled. He would answered back when Luhan asked on their way to the cafeteria.

 

 

They took a seat near the window area.

“So Sehun, what time are you available tomorrow afternoon?”

“I only have classes in the morning so I am basically free the whole day after that.”

“Okay good then, I’ll only be free after 11am after the trial.”

“SO what time should we meet up?”

“how about 11.30a.m here in front of the school lobby. Sounds good?”

“Sure, 11.30a.m it is then.” Sehun said nodding his head.

“Sehun. What do you like?” Luhan randomly asked. Wanting to know the younger more.

“I like bubble tea.” Confused but he still answered him anyway.

“OWH REALLY!!?? I like that too. We should totally go and get some tomorrow after the show.” Luhan said excitedly.

“”***ERMAGAWD ERMAGAWD!! IS THIS ANTHER DATE!!?? I JUST CAN’T**”” Sehun thought

“….s-sure”
“He stuttered.. KEKEKEKE” Luhan thought

“Alright! It is set then!” Luhan chirped.


And they talked for about 1 hour plus, Luhan would asked Sehun random question and Sehun being the good kid he is would answered back. Sehun would ask occasionally because he is just shy. They bid each other goodbye before going home.

 

Luhan just couldn’t wait for the next day to come.

On the other hand, Sehun is just nervous for the next day. OWH GAWD I HAVE A DATE TOMORROW!!!

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Hi my “deer” beloved readers…. I’m back!

First thing first! I would like to say sorry if this chapter becox

EXO IS COMING BACK!!!

And I was basically unprepared!!!

I was shocked and I can hardly think straight and to find the right words to use..

My brain is not functioning well. AND I HAVE A LOT OF TYPOS!! Which I corrected this for about 6 times.

I AM SO DAMN EXCITED ABOUT IT11

Tomorrow sehunnie and kai TEASER will be out!!! <3 <3

AND I CAN’T WAIT!!

So tell me, who do you like the most in EXO?

 

HERE are 12 of them!!! I LOVE HUNHAN!! SO LOVE!!! JUST LOOK AT THEM!!! NGAWWWWW!!

         

                                                                                   

**and you thought this was an long chapter!! sowwie!!!!**

 

THANKS FOR READING , SUBBING , AND COMMENTING!!!