My Little Deer

Butterfly Without Wings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Everytime I think of you, I get the biggest smile on my face

and you still don't understand how much you mean to me.

***

Lee Residence

 

 

Lee Dongguk, –who doesn’t know him anyway? He was being well known as an owner of the biggest oil company in Seoul. His company spread every town in South Korea and not less in some country. His name was famous among others big people. Not only that, He was also in the list of the richest people in Korea. His family really was known as the one of the greatest family in Seoul. But became a great and rich person, Lee Dongguk wasn’t arrogant at all. He was a very wise man, still looked energize though in his 49. He had a superb and bold feature that bequeathed to his only son. Lee Donghae, the only one that Lee Dongguk could count on.

Being his son made Donghae famous among other heir and heiress in Seoul. Donghae really had to be proud for being the only one heir in the Lee family, the only one who would take over the company, who would take a responsibility of it. Not to mention that he would get all his father’s legacies one day. Only him. But he never thought that it was something that he could proud of. Moreover his father’s big company lately burdened him because of what he thought last night. 

This morning, in the Lee residence, the family was having a breakfast together as usual in the dinning room. Though Lee Dongguk only had 2 important persons in his life but the decoration for the dining table had more than 3 seats. And a long table filled by so many foods.

Before going to school Donghae joined to have a breakfast with his parents. Right in front of him was a great person, his father. Lee Dongguk was so well mannered even when he was eating. Sat so straight, made him look strong and so wise. Wearing black suit, people would know that he was an important and great person. Beside him was his wife. In her 46, she still looked young and beautiful. No wrinkles could be found in her white-milk skin. Gold jewelry from her own company was in her wrist and ears as she was cutting and eating the meat elegantly. She had a soft mother feature. And her caring eye was what people could find in Donghae as well.

At that time, Donghae took a glance at his parents while he was eating. He was waiting a great time to say his words which still hang up in his throat since last night. He took a sip glass of his tea when his maid had just poured it. Other side of him was afraid and doubt feeling because of what he wanted to say. Donghae was sure enough that it wouldn’t be something good for his father. Lee Dongguk, Donghae respected him as his father as well as a great man. A strong wise feature he had, made Donghae process his words more properly before rolling it out from his mouth. Donghae only had a less courage to say it yet he knew his new decision was a must to be told. He cleared his throat first before telling his words.      

“Appa, I don’t think I want to go to America after graduating”

All the eating-activity stopped, eyes darted on him, a furrowed eyebrow casted on his parents’ face. But all the respond they gave to his words was exactly what he guessed.

Donghae gulped.

An old man in front of him with some wrinkles on his face, stared at a young man in a question yet angry expression. “Lee Donghae we’ve been talking about this and you agreed about it”

“Well, I’ve changed my mind again” He stated confidently.

The sound of his father’s spoon dropped could be heard after that. His mother’s surprised expression showed up as well, but Mrs. Lee already knew where that conversation would head to and that made her has no intention to join in.

“How many times I shall tell you about this. You’re the only one heir in this family. You have to take care of our company and business in America later. How could you still don’t understand it, Lee Donghae?” his voice nearly raised in the end.

“I understand Appa, but you still can ask Kibum about that too” Donghae talked back. His father had to grant what he wanted to even if he had to involve someone else.

“I have you as my son, why should I ask your cousin?”

“Because I don’t want to” was true and reasonable reason but sounded somewhat sarcastic in his father’s ears.

Yet Lee Dongguk didn’t really surprised with his words at all. Donghae had been rejecting it all the time before. It was really a hard effort to convince and assure him, to make Donghae finally agreed about it, but in just 2 months, he suddenly changed his mind again. And that was what surprised him more.

The conversation was getting more heat. Her mother finally chose to join.

“What makes you change your mind, dear?” was what his father should’ve asked at the first place.

“Eh?” he startled. Not preparing an answer for that kind of question, he confused “It’s… it’s because…”

“Money…?” his father tried to guess.

“No”

“Friends…?”

“No… Appa. It’s about….” He held his words “Just…” Donghae was totally hesitated to give his parents the reason. Not even sure, if he told it his parents wouldn't be angry at him. Donghae thought about it deeply. But the more he thought, a blush on his cheeks appeared. His mother caught him.

“A girl?” his blush, shy and nervous things, made her mother guess it right.

 The answer from him was only a still blushing.

“Is it about Sunye?” her mother lips curved to top, smiled widely to . She was more interested if the conversation was something about… love.

“No, it’s not” But he quickly denied it.

“Then who?” his father asked him with his strong serious trademark expression which made Donghae know that the conversation was getting more serious.

Donghae gulped again, only resumed eating his food. He avoided his father’s strong question for a while at the same time, or rather because he couldn’t answer it. His reason wasn’t something that he could tell right away, even when he had prepared it.

“Don’t be stupid Donghae, you will engaged to Sunye and you still see another girl?”

He looked back at his father. His shy-nervous feeling faded away.

“It’s ridiculous” Donghe rolled his eyes “I’m not a kid, Appa. I have a right to engaged to a girl I love. Not your choice.” He told firmly, even became more serious than the man he tried to convince.  

“Lee Donghae, her parent is our business partner” his father gave Donghae another excuse for his –in his father’s point of view- stupid decision, even still had thousand left to make him change his mind again.

“Then what…?” Donghae sighed, he knew very well about it, but why it had to be matter for him. He was so sick hearing that kind of ridiculous excuse every time he rejected it.

“Son, we’ve been talking about this, if you're engaged to her our company will get better”

“But doesn’t mean I will make your company worse if I'm not engaged to her, right?” Donghae gave him a right statement but his voice was already out of well mannered.

“Lee Donghae” her mother snapped him. “You’re talking with your parents, keep your manner well!” she warned him firmly.

While his mother was giving him a strict warning eye, his father didn’t have anything to say again. He only continued to eat the food. He chose not to respond Donghae’s last words, because their conversation would never stop if the topic was about that. He had ever quarreled with his son about it before but this time Donghae seemed more stubborn. Being a wise one, his father didn’t want to snap harsh his son or even cursed him for being disrespect towards his parents and for cancelling the requests so sudden. He knew what kind of person his son was. If he forced him rudely, it would only make Donghae never do what his father wanted to.

The decision had made, he would ignore if Donghae talked about that again and no matter his son would say he would never agree about it, moreover the reason Donghae changed his mind was because a girl.

“Omma, Appa, all this time I’ve been doing what you want. So please, let me do what I want now” he pleaded softly, hoped they would accept those kind of beg words. His face was tired already for debating it with his parents. Lee Dongguk really wasn’t a father who could just agree all his son's decisions. How Donghae wished he would just approve it easily like he easily gave money to him.   

It wasn’t Donghae's first time for being so rebel or had a same stubborn level as his father or rather more. Both would keep trying to convince each other, but his mother knew which wise side she had to take. “What’s your Appa wants it’s for your best dear”

His mother tried to calm him but it made Donghae groan loudly. Those words were what he hated so much. One of ridiculous reasons was being told again.

“You know what? It’s not for my best! All this time is for your best, for your company” now Donghae was obviously being so harsh. His words made his parents shocked.  

With that, he got up from his seat even when he hadn’t even finished his breakfast. He knew he was out of control, so it was better for him not to talk further about it before he blurted more. Yes, it would be hard to convince his parents about that since it was the topic they always talked about, the things that his parents always asked him and convinced him since 2 years ago. He hadn’t officially agreed about it exactly. Donghae was just tired for listening it all the time and he also hadn’t found a better reason to reject it, until he had no choice but to say yes. But when he found a strong reason that finally could make him reject all his parent’s requests, his parents were dying didn’t want to hear him at the first place, yet he will never change his mind again.

Donghae left his parents there and headed to his room in the 2nd floor. He knew he was being such an impolite son. He realized that his father must be totally angry at him and Donghae didn’t know how to settle it. When what he wanted wasn’t a hard thing to be granted exactly, but his parents stubbornly seemed don’t want to grant it at all. Still, he would keep trying to convince them again one day.

Arrived in his room, Donghae then immediately prepared to go to school. He took his bag on his bed and went to his bookcases, looking for books he had to bring as bad mood was all over him. This morning, he already had no intention to even smile. Going to school probably wouldn’t be able to heal it, even possibly could make it worse.

Unless… he could see her and had a moment with her again.

His best moment with her yesterday came across his mind. Thinking about that, he allowed himself to smile.  

“Who is that girl, dear?” Her mother’s voice suddenly came from behind him. She chased him when Donghae left them and now she already stood by his door’s room. Arms crossed before her chest.

Donghae back to his bitter reality again. Smile on his face was gone. He continued his current activity. Now he was busy looking for his physic book. No respond he wanted to present to her question.

“Who is that girl that can make you change your mind? I’m sure she must be special” her mother smiled. She wanted to talk with him more deeply about it with such a different method now. She knew where to put her concern more. It was the reason why her son changed his mind, not how to change his mind back that could make Donghae became disrespect.

Donghae was now interested to give respond. He looked at his mother. With that question he liked to talk again about it. Because he knew, if it was about love then her mother was a right person to talk with. A soft and kind feature she had, Donghae was sure that she could easily understand.

“She is very special Omma, that’s why you have to support me” Donghae shot her his super cute pout face.

“What about Sunye? I thought you fell for her” her mother approached his bed beside his bookcases and sat on it while Donghae resumed take the lesson books he needed.

“Yeah, I fell for her but doesn’t mean I love her” Explained Donghae as his eyes never left from books in front of him.

Seconds later he finally found his physic book and put it in his bag. After that he took his history book. So thick, he threw the book to his bed, didn’t even want to bring it though he needed it, too lazy to carry something heavy in his bag.

“Aigoo son, you are really a playboy. Don’t be like that!” her mother took his thick history book while she was jokingly warning him.

“I’m not Omma” he rolled his eyes, very unacceptable for him when her mother claimed him as a playboy. From students was okay, but not from his special someone.

Donghae finally finished packing his books. He zipped his bag and threw his bag to his bed, then hurriedly headed to his wardrobe to get his sock.

“Then what about this girl, do you love her?” her mother secretly put his thick history book into his bag while Donghae was wearing a sock.

“I love her, so much. That’s why you have to help me to convince Appa”

“Omo” her mother was sure surprised since her son rarely talked about love and girl all this time. “You totally love her, son”

And all the school’s stuffs prepared. He finally faced her mother.

“I know that is crazy, but I don’t want to leave her later. I will go to America only if I can bring her” he stated certainly.

Her mother thought about it for a while “Alright then, what about you bring that girl here so she may be could change your Appa’s mind as well” Mrs. Lee then brought his bag, got up and approached Donghae.

Looked at his charming eyes, she smiled. It was a best decision that she could give for his son. She loved him so much, she knew Donghae so well. Donghae was a kind, soft, nice son and well mannered when talked with his parents. He would never be so rebel and so stubborn like before if it wasn’t for something or someone that so important in his life. All the time, Donghae said a right thing. She knew as a parent that they already limited they son’s freedom in the future. So, she tried to think the best for him and for his happiness now. She was sure, Donghae was more stubborn than his father, and if that girl could change Donghae’s mind easily than moreover his father.

Her mother really never failed to understand him. With the option she gave to him, Donghae really felt more than thankful that he still got a chance about it. He couldn’t hold but smile widely. His heart squealed happily.

His mother then handed him his bag. Donghae took it but a confused face replaced the happy one when he felt that his bag was heavier than the last time he lifted it.   

Before he could question it, his message’s ringtone from his cell phone suddenly rang, gave him no choice but to carry his suddenly-heavy bag before taking out his cell phone from his pocket.

His eyes fixed on his cell phone’s screen. After that a happy smile showed up on his face again. This time was wider than before, felt so happy when he read her name appeared on his phone's screen. Oh, might be not her real name, but a nickname that he specially gave for her.

-My Little Deer-

 

"Oppa, how are you today? you don't get cold right? Don’t forget to bring my handkerchief ^^ and give it to Yuri unnie because I don’t go to school today since I need to recover :("

 

It was just a simple reminding text, not even a sweet caring one that Yoona sent to him, but Donghae found it cute and strangely felt excited, even got a text from her felt greater than got a chance from her mother. It had successfully erased all his bad moods this morning. Donghae read it like seriously happy with a his shy blush. Her mother only found him weird, she got curious.

“Who is it from?” she tried to sneak a peek of it while Donghae read it, but he quickly inserted his cell phone into his pocket.

“Omma I need to go to school now. Love you” he quickly kissed her mother’s right cheek and left his mother confused in his room. Stopped by the door, Donghae turned around to say the last words “Thanks Omma. You’re Jjang. Bye”

Donghae immediately took his car’s key, ran inside his house, just wanted to hurriedly go. Heading to his car, he then drove it with a smile still on his face. His Aston Martin speeding on the road so fast. He was in hurry and was surely going to somewhere, somewhere that he wanted to quickly arrive right now.

Donghae didn't drive his car to somewhere where he had to study, but drove it to somewhere where he could have a moment again with her. It was Yoona’s house.

 ***

Meanwhile in SM high school t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter