Uncertainty

Butterfly Without Wings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

All this time I didn't say "I Love You" to hear it back.

I said it to make sure you know.

***

Fashion Club Room

 

 

After school ended, every fashion club member was responsible to design clothes, bag, accessories and shoes. To introduce their new designs they would open an exhibition in their room once every two months and not to mention that they always successfully sold them all out in the school expo after producing it. The day of an exhibition was coming close. The president of fashion club and the other members had to finish their project immediately.

A sound of someone flipping over pages resounded throughout the room of fashion club. It was only the three members left and one of them was still hardly trying to produce one new design for the next event. There were a lot of papers scattered on the floor and a stack of magazines on her table. Her beautiful eye smile scanned firmly for every model in the page of her magazine, looking for an inspiration. But even until hours had passed, she seemed more frustrated instead. The other member, Yuri, who was sitting across could definitely tell that even when her eyes fixed on magazine, her mind was currently floating on somewhere else.

“You’re definitely won’t find any inspiration if you’re still thinking about it” the tanned girl finally gave a comment as she rested her chin on her hand, looking at her best friend with pity.

“I’m not thinking about it” she protested as she roughly flipped the page.

Yuri raised an eyebrow, Tiffany’s words sometimes remained just a word “It’s almost three weeks, Fany-ah. Seriously, get over it”

The frustrated girl closed the magazine and looked up to see her best friend “How could I easily move on from it? It was supposed to be our first anniversary. Just so you know, Siwon Oppa put a lot of his effort to celebrate it but they…” She took a glance at someone beside. The owner of eye smile halted herself to continue the next words as if it dangerous to say it. The president of fashion club glared at her but then she carelessly continued “Crushed it”

“Well… It was sweet at first, but to be honest it was slowly… boring” Yuri mumbled the last word.

Despite Jessica was beside her, she continued complaining “Do they even have brain and manner? I mean they should’ve respected Siwon. Especially Donghae Oppa, I think I should teach him to behave well in the party next time. How could he dare to make a fuss at my boyfriend’s first anniversary party? Oh I forget he’s a jerk after all”

“Ya, Fany-ah” Yuri stared into her best friend’s eyes, was trying hard to hint her that bringing such topic in front of Heechul’s girlfriend wasn’t really a good idea.

Tiffany let out a frustrated sigh. She still remembered that Siwon had to entirely change the party agenda after the incident. The party guests weren’t paying any attention anymore as the majority chose to keep silence. The atmosphere remained so gloomy. “If only they didn’t ruin it, it would be the best anniversary I have”

Yuri looked at her tiredly. It was the same complain she heard from her almost every day in the class, which always made Yoona apologize to Tiffany thousand times. Her babbling mouth which she hardly stopped sometimes could bring a problem for people. She had a feeling that this time probably would too. And that made Yuri thought that perhaps she needed to literally plaster next time.

“I don’t think that was Donghae’s fault” a girl beside Tiffany commented with her high-pitched voice. Yuri stiffened a bit.

“Of course it was his fault!” Tiffany replied defensively “He was the one who made the party so gloomy”

“He wouldn’t have done it, if his girl could behave right as well.” Jessica shrugged as she continued to draw a new clothes design on paper.

Yuri examined her, her eyebrows creased with suspicion “Are you trying to blame Yoona for that case now?”

Jessica let out a grunt “Ugh come on girls, how could she talk sweetly to other guy while there was her boyfriend at the same place and time? Tell me who you spend your time with at the party?”

“It was entirely Donghae’s Oppa fault. He truly overreacted. Kibum Oppa is his cousin after all and he just lightly punched him.” Tiffany still stubbornly resisted. However she wouldn’t let the blonde girl easily won a battle talk with her. Her pride wouldn’t allow it.

Jessica put her pencil down and began to take the topic more seriously “It’s the girl that purposely made him jealous. Didn’t you see that she seduced Kibum all the time?”

 “Yoona was just talking with him. What the hell are you trying to imply exactly?” Yuri looked directly at her eyes, speculating what was exactly running through her mind.

“I’m just trying to tell that it wasn’t Donghae’s fault. Your boyfriend would do the same thing too if they were in Donghae’s position, I bet.”

“Aish  Jinjja, Sica-ya” Tiffany grunted as she raised her voice. The conversation with Jessica already put her patience at the edge “Their relationship is not even real” and the words just easily slipped out from Tiffany’s mouth. Impatience beat her sense. The other’s eyes wide opened in surprised.

“Fany-ya” Yuri immediately snapped, staring at her with fury eyes as if were trying to literally burn her.  Jessica already frowned.

It took a moment for Tiffany to process anything. And then in a crack, her expression shifted to panic. Tiffany’s eyes opened wide with horror “Omo, Mian”

A babbling girl across Yuri was covering tight with hand. Her eye smile reflected a guilty. If only she could turn back the time, Tiffany hoped.

“Aish, this girl” Yuri grumbled and began to wonder if Tiffany could properly work her brain. The look on her face made it obvious that she just wanted to slap Tiffany’s mouth later. Tiffany might have been hated Donghae, but what she said certainly was stupid.

Unfortunately, Jessica’s expression already printed a high curiosity. It didn’t take any longer for the Ice Princess to respond. She narrowed her eyes, trying hard to study their words thoroughly.

“Wait?...What did you just say? Not real?” she asked.

The gossiper girls exchanged stares. Both of them fell into silent. Jessica looked at them and noticed the same panic look on their faces.

“Ya! You guys better tell me!” her cold-stared smashed them down and the two girls felt a sudden eerie.

“A-anyio, Tiffany accidentally bite her tongue. You probably heard it wrong.” Yuri flashed a fake smile. It was the only excuse she could think of, a very lame excuse. And she knew Jessica definitely wouldn’t buy it.

 “No, I heard it clearly” Jessica snapped, was sure enough to guess that it didn’t sound like a mistake moreover a joke.

“Yo-you’re wrong, Jessica” Tiffany stated “What I mean is-”

“Don’t try to fool me here” Jessica spat. Her ice cold-stared was blowing a strain for them. However the ice princess didn’t want to easily give this topic up. “I know what I’ve heard. What do you mean by not real?” she asked, impatience dripping from her tone

The blonde girl stared at them with a firm demand. The two girls fell into silent again, still refused to say anything about it. But Jessica was stubborn enough, and this surely wasn’t one of those moments where she’d lose to them. “Fine, if you guys don’t want to tell me, I’m sure you also don’t want to know what I’m going to do.”

The two girls stiffened. Whatever Jessica wanted to do, it was probably better if she didn’t do it. The tanned girl across her let out a defeated sigh, knowing fully well that anything Jessica wanted to know they couldn’t get out easily. Because the more she tried to reasoned, the more Jessica tried to beat them down with a threat. For some reason, she couldn’t complain about it.

 “Alright, we’ll tell you” Yuri surrendered “But please don’t tell anybody about this, your boyfriend especially” she begged. And as much as Tiffany hated how easily she surrendered into Jessica’s words, she realized they didn’t have any other good option left though.

Jessica crossed her arms before her chest and leaned on the chair “Yes, don’t worry about it”

“You promise?” Tiffany chirped.

Jessica turned to look at her and found a pair of fiery eyes. She let out her cynical laugh “Relax, I won’t. I’m not a gossiping girl like you guys” she straightened her posture “But you better tell me more about it!” said her trough the gritted teeth.

Her cold strict look met with the Hwang girl, making her tense. She glanced at Yuri, only to find the -You-Tell-Her, I’m-Done- look on her best friend’s face, and possibly was currently cursing her on her mind. She loudly gulped and still had no idea how to deal with the position where she had no choice but to reveal the truth. The only thing she could glad of was no one in the fashion club right now but them. Yet even it was only the Ice Princess, she couldn’t completely grateful. It was Jessica after all, Heechul’s lovely girlfriend, the in the school, the ice princess with cold attitude. As much as Tiffany liked Jessica, especially her fashion taste, she would never want to have a problem with her. Tiffany exhaled a long sigh. If only she could control .

“Nee…Yoona isn’t officially Donghae Oppa’s girlfriend” she eventually confirmed. Her expression was filled with guilty. Inside her heart she felt greatly sorry for Yoona. “All this time it’s just a fake status to save her from your boyfriend’s bully target”

“So they set up a fake status… Just for protecting her” Jessica made sure about it.

“Yeah…” Tiffany reluctantly answered. The more she talked about it, the more guilt she got.

“But wait...” Jessica’s curiosity still stood on the high level, her frown deepened. She wore a confused look. “If they’re pretending to deceive Heechul, then why he, all this time, worries about her, he stands up for her and protect hers, he bullies the girls that hurt her. If that’s just a fake, then I won’t understand why he so cares and even overreacted. He couldn’t be jealous if their relationship is a fake, right?”

“We found it weird too” Yuri looked up at her and saw the confusion was written all over Jessica’s face.

Jessica continued “He has never done it to any single girl he had dated in this school. He doesn’t care much about his girlfriend all this time. You said they’re just pretending then I really don’t get the point”

“Yeah we didn’t get about it too at first. Until, we come to a conclusion that Donghae Oppa isn’t serious about girls all this time but her. Even though their relationship isn’t real, I think Donghae Oppa loves her for real” Tiffany explained.

Jessica flinched and soon she could feel her entire heart burning at Tiffany’s words. Partly because she hated the fact that there was a big possibility she was right, and partly because she felt a slight of jealousy. However, her heart was just aching horribly. “Love her, huh?”

Yuri nodded.

“Totally love her” Tiffany cheerfully added.

Jessica went blank and fell into silent for a moment. The others couldn’t even tell what was currently in her mind, but Yuri caught her eyes pictured a sorrow.

“I’m sorry… I think… I have to go now” Jessica packed her stuffs and hurriedly walked out from the room, to hide her anguish, the feeling of ge

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter