Pink Handkerchief

Butterfly Without Wings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I don't know about this feeling, honestly.

But I do know there is just something about him that I can't let go.

***

In front of SM's Fountain

 

 

This day was the first time ever Yoona considered herself as the most unlucky girl in the world. When she had no other option but had to dip herself into the SM fountain to pick up her books, her bag and other school stuffs while she was also completely wet. She never stopped whining. Complain words didn’t absent. had never been stop cursing one name.

“Arghhh! That !” she gritted her teeth tightly. “Why I have to meet a girl like Sunye in this school?”

Staring helplessly at her school stuffs in the school fountain, she groaned. She knew she had to dip into it soon to pick it up no matter what. She hoped she could do more for what had happened five minutes ago. Getting bullied by five girls made her can’t do much, and she hated for knowing it. The only brave thing she could do before was calling Sunye and her friends the cheapest girls in the school. That was also after they who so called wonder girls insulted her. As the result Sunye and her friends took her bag and threw all her stuffs into the fountain then splashed Yoona water from it while she could only do nothing. All of that happened just because of her jealousy about Donghae, Yoona almost laughed for remembering it. But thankfully, it happened after school ended. She was glad that at that time no students witnessing it.

“She told to me to stay away from Donghae by treating me like this?” she grumbled alone while taking off her socks and her shoes “That only make me want to make out with Donghae Oppa right in front of that ”

Before dipping into the fountain, she checked around first to make sure there was no student nearby because being a subject gossip wasn’t a good thing, she had tasted it. Feeling secure about the quiet situations right now, she began to carry her foot into the fountain. She took a breath deeply. Encouraging herself that she was a strong girl, that all of this was still nothing compared with when Heechul wanted to pour out a bucket full of worms on her head or when he told her to take a gum from his mouth. But sadly, it seemed no one would be a hero for her today. She didn’t expect it though.

But just when her foot was ready to touch the water, someone was calling from behind. “Yoona-ssi”

She halted her move, bit her lips worriedly. She was wrong for thinking no ones around. Someone seemed just out from the school at the perfect time. Cancelling her next step, she turned around to respond in surprised. “Ki-kibum-ssi”

“What are you doing there?” asked him not less surprised for spotting Yoona who almost dipped herself into the fountain.

The presence of him put her feeling in total embarrassed. Why it had to be him who spotted her at this time. Why she had to be bad shaped like that when she finally met Kibum in the school. This would drop her image in his eyes for sure.

Kibum looked at her in concern. He still waited for her answer and slowly began to worry about her silence now. But Yoona kept her head in low, hiding her wet face. Something was wrong. Kibum then brought his steps to approach her.

“Why are you wet like this Yoona-ssi?” He scanned the girl in front of him. What surprised him next was when his eyes landed at the fountain near them.

He spotted some books and a bag floating on there. No need a long time for him to understand what Yoona was just trying to do before, he finally got the hint. Kibum shook his head in disbelief rather more pitied her. Never expected that the second time he faced to face with her was when she was in the very bad luck like this.

No need to ask anything again, he untied his pink shoes immediately which made Yoona confused but felt weird at the same time. Without thinking much Kibum then dipped himself into the fountain after he folded up his pants.

May be there was a hero, but not from the same person this time.

“Kibum-ssi, what are you doing there?” she asked rather snapped in surprised. Her expression hinted him to stop his action.

“Of course, pick it up your stuffs” he calmly answered while dipping his hand deeply to take some books inside.

Instead of being thankful, she felt uncomfortable with it and started to worry more about his intention. “But you’ll get wet, Kibum-ssi”

He chuckled humorously “I’m just wet, is that a problem? This is just water. I can dry it later. It’s not fire, Yoona”

And her worry expression turned calm upon hearing his right reason. “You’re right. Gomawo yo” said her after dipping to the fountain and joined with him to pick up her own stuffs.

“Who did this to you?” he looked at her concernedly, not even care about the fountain drenching him. “The 4 jerks again?”

“Anyioo” she shook her head “it’s just… some brainless girl”

“You should’ve fought them” he bent his body to take another drowning book.

“Unfortunately, I’m out of number” she said regretting it.

At that time Kibum already took all the books and gave it to her. “Did Donghae know about this?”

She put the books inside her wet bag and stopped for a while at the mention of his name. “A-anyioo” then kept silent for a moment, “But I don’t want him to know about this”

“Why…? He probably could help you to make those brainless girls stop bullying you”

“If he knows I think it would only make the problem bigger” Yoona got out from the fountain while Kibum followed. “And please don’t let anybody knows about this and don’t tell him…” she begged. She really didn’t worry if he was a gossiper too or not, but she trusted him fully that he wouldn’t tell.

“Did you fight with him?”

She paused and didn’t give him a retort for that question immediately and making her mind recalled about the incident in Donghae’s house a week ago, the last time she talked to him.

She stood in silence and ended up flashing him a weak smile. “Thanks for helping me Kibum-ssi. Are you really okay? You are completely wet like me now”

At that moment Kibum looked at her long enough. His mind spoke something secret. Does she remember?

Kibum brought himself closer to her face.

“I’m okay. Yoona-ssi” he assured her with smile that flinched her at that time.

***

“Yoona-ya” Yuri called her loud from beside. The scene of Yoona sat on her chair while kept staring at the pink handkerchief she held for so long, concerned her and Tiffany so much.  

Still, she didn’t move a flinch even after they called her fifth times already. She completely went blank and failed to hear them. Tiffany and Yuri exchanged stares. The owner of eye smile finally made a move. She stood right beside Yoona, and bent down right exactly at her ear.

“Yoonaaaaaaa” Tiffany hollered.

But that worked finally. Yoona finally responded in surprised first then followed by her complain “Aishhh, you didn’t have to yell at me like that Unnie”

“Of course I had to, or you would keep staring at that handkerchief and I can’t tell you something” explained Tiffany.

Tiffany’s statement brought her back to the memory of her ridiculous life yesterday. It raised a worry question if they knew about it or not at all. But judging from the way they treated her normally and didn’t ask her anything since this morning, she could tell they knew nothing about yesterday incident which means it remained secret. She could breath freely now.

“Anyway, you want to tell me what Unnie?” she asked as she got her sense back.

“This weekend my boyfriend Siwon Oppa has a birthday party at his house, and you are invited. As my best friend you have to come, Yoona” Tiffany said in full of excitement.

“Really…?”

“Yes” Tiffany nodded eagerly.

“Well, I would love to Unnie but… I don’t know him that well”

“It’s okay. You don’t need to know him well to come to his party. You just need to bring your couple” said Tiffany.

“Why should bring couple? It’s not a prom, it’s just a birthday party right?” she protested.

“Aish that’s the condition! Stop complaining as if you don’t have someone to be your couple though. You can just ask him anyway”

Knowing who the one Tiffany meant, she stopped in there and pretended agree just to make everything she held in her heart easy. It was already too late to reject the offer and she never won a battle talk with Tiffany too.

“Okay, girls let’s go home now” Yuri spoke as she packed her books on the desk. “What’s with that handkerchief anyway Yoona, you keep staring at it since first class”

The girl who so called queen of gossip began to look at her curiously and Yoona always hated the fact of Yuri who always curious about everything. In response to that question, Yoona seemed to have no intentions of answering it. Instead she had a question for them.

“Unnie, do you know Kibum-ssi?” she put the pink handkerchief inside her pocket skirt and waited for their answer.

“Of course we know” answered Yuri, being labeled as the queens of gossip, they knew almost anyone’s business for sure “What’s with him?”

Yoona’s eyes reflected some kind of hope. She expected them so much to give her just a little information. “Can you tell me about him, what kind of boy is he? Anything you know about him”

Yuri looked directly at her. Yoona’s request raised her curiosity almost to the high level. “Why do you want to know about him?”

She shrugged “Well… Just want to know”

“Isn’t he Donghae Oppa’s cousin?” Tiffany tried to recall some memories about the guy they talked about.

“Yes he is” Yuri said, “And he is a very nice guy, smartest guy from his class, the captain of basketball team. And he doesn’t have much trouble in this school. But…” Yuri hesitated to continue.

“But what Unnie…?” she looked at them in bewilderment, expecting a further explanation.

“But Donghae Oppa is still better than him Yoona” Tiffany interrupted which made Yoona nearly grumble for bringing his name so sudden at

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter