The Worst Day

Butterfly Without Wings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Who knew that being your girlfriend I'd end up like this

Then, who deserves the blame?"

***

SM High School

 

 

That afternoon after lunch break, Donghae and Heechul together headed to the music club room. What happened in the canteen a while ago successfully put their mood down. Being the subject of those gossipers was what they hated so much, hated more than anything in this school. Heechul wished he could tear away their mouth literally, but he could only groan about it and cursed them along way.

Didn’t have a good mood to study, they decided to ditch the next lesson and spending their time in their favorite place, tried to find mood or doing something that at least could make them forget about it and threw it away from their mind.

For Heechul, something he could do now was playing with the piano that placed in the middle of the room. He pressed the keyboards beautifully, made a river flows in you by Yiruma echoing in the room. Playing so cool that whoever saw him now would forget that he was the jerk in the school. The way he straightened his body while playing, the white milk skin that touched the keyboards, and the way he closed his eyes to feel the music, covered all the jerk things he had ever done in this school. The music pulled out his charming side, brought him become different person. The slow beautiful music played by him made someone else in that room got sleepy. Donghae was already lying on the couch, started to sleep but…

BRAK!

Another student came in.

Two guys in that room startled because of the hard bumping sound. Donghae’s eyes opened and Heechul stopped playing piano just to glares for whoever opened that door hardly and found their close friend, Eunhyuk by the door while holding some papers with his gummy smile. Donghae never understood why Eunhyuk was always the one who disturbed him while he wanted to sleep, why Eunhyuk had to come in his perfect sleep’s time and he never got it why Eunhyuk never opened the door slowly, it was always hard and made a big sound that was always able to make Donghae got surprised.

Is he trying to break that door? He thought. He swore if it wasn’t his best friend who did it, Donghae would probably let out his anger and threw thousand foul words now, but he could only groan and chose to sleep again than being angry at him.  

“Ya! Open it slowly! Are you trying to break that door?” it was Heechul who finally shout out what on Donghae’s mind.

The owner of gummy smile ignored him because he had no business with Heechul now. Eunhyuk only interested with the guy who was lying on the couch. He immediately approached Donghae and sat on the couch across him, the gummy smile never left his face. And Heechul already played again with the piano, continued playing the river flows in you.  

“Donghae-ya” Eunhyuk called him with his enthusiast tone, trying to wake him up.

Donghea replied with his death glare at first. He then gritted his teeth. “What monkey?”

“See” Eunhyuk gave him one of the papers he brought.

Donghae only glanced at that paper, didn’t take it and didn’t even curious about it. However, he had zero interest of it, because the last time Eunhyuk came disturbing him, he only talked about an unimportant thing.

But this time Eunhyuk had something to tell that could make him interested “Your girlfriend joins with the dance club" said Eunhyuk with a grin replaced his gummy smile.

My girlfriend? Donghae thought about who she was. Felt sleepy, he couldn’t process Eunhyuk’s words properly.

“Yoona?” Donghae frowned.

He got up from his position and became totally interested with it, finally took the paper which Eunhyuk gave to him before and began to read it.

Eunhyuk thought that Donghae was doing something obviously strange, whereas before he didn’t care at all but at the mention of her made Donghae suddenly give his interest on it. Eunhyuk smiled teasingly on his mind now.

"Do you tell her to join?”

Donghae ignored his question as he kept reading the paper. The paper that Donghae read now was actually a registration paper to join in dance club and Yoona’s name was clearly written on it.

“Ya Fishy, I think it’s gonna be fun” Eunhyuk smiled for thinking of it.

Donghae gave him his death glare.

“Can I play with her, Hae?” He asked him, teasingly and showed him the expression when he wanted to play, bully or tease someone.

Eunhyuk’s expression was so mischievous, whether it was serious or not but Donghae hated it. Donghae knew that the word fun for him had another cruel meaning behind it. Eunhyuk was the king of sneaky. Most of their bully action was his idea.

Would he hurt her was what Donghae was worried about now.

Donghae didn’t have any choice but grabbed Eunhyuk’s collar, not so rude but could make Eunhyuk’s body pulled to the front, face to face with him.

“If you dare to touch her, hurt her, play with her or make her cry I will make you taste the same!” Donghae snapped him, because the time Eunhyuk said he wanted to play with Yoona, he couldn’t hold himself but to threaten him. He didn’t want Yoona to get hurt, mentally or physically. He had to protect her, and he wanted it.

The way Donghae threw his death scary eyes made Eunhyuk suddenly get goose bumps, freeze on the spot. Donghae’s face and his words were like punching him. So scary that he almost collapsed. It was the first time Donghae threatened him because of a girl. He became different and Eunhyuk had no words to express how afraid he was now. 

Heechul witnessed what was going on at that time, but didn’t do anything further, not even tried to separate them. The river flows stopped being played, He chuckled “Why you are so protective with this one Hae?”

What Heechul had just seen was so interesting for him. Donghae’s sudden overreaction when it came for girl was something that he never found on him. He questioned it, totally. Wondered of what had Yoona done until could make Donghae so onto her, and over protective like that, even stood against him for the first time when he bullied her. Heechul knew he had reason for doing that. Yoona was his girlfriend, made sense for him but she wasn’t his first one, yet Donghae treated her so differently than his late girlfriends.

For all his strange action, Heechul slowly realized that Yoona was probably someone more than special for him.  

Heechul’s question before saved Eunhyuk, Donghae finally loosened his grip when he knew that his two friends gave him the look of questioning of what he did. He released Eunhyuk and back lay again on couch. He closed his eyes, ignoring Heechul’s question and avoiding it all at once. His mind was really complicated and he tried not to care about what they were thinking about him now. He would accept if they felt strange about him, and would welcome Eunhyuk’s anger.

But Eunhyuk, for becoming his bestfriend for years, understood him, he knew Donghae too well. He didn’t angry of what Donghae did before to him even it was frightening him like hell. Eunhyuk could realize the meaning behind his action. He finally got something after testing him before. Something that grew in Donghae’s heart, that Eunhyuk had been waiting for. Something that he wanted to found in his bestfriend. And thanks to Yoona because he could find it now.

Eunhyuk smiled when he knew a sincere one had finally come.

 

***

 

The bell of SM high school rang, signed that school time was over and at this time Yoona kept thinking about that club, a club that she regrettably chose to join a week ago. Dance Club.

Before left the school, she had finally decided to come to that club, but it was all after fighting so hard with her mind that troubling about whether she would come or not. Eunhyuk and Donghae’s fans were the main problem that made her doesn't want to come, his fans must be as sick as the gossiper girls in this school, or even more. She was worried. And the incident in the canteen that afternoon made her miserable feeling come again and made her lazy to face anything bad in this school.

But she knew, she couldn’t always run away, or hid in her miserable feeling or even be her unlucky live in this school forever. Yoona knew someday she had to get used with the gossipers in this school, with the crazy situation here. She just needed slowly to be strong and brave to face all of it.

Without hesitated, she already walked towards dance club room in the second floor, finally ready to face all the problems. She even tried to positive thinking about that club in the best way as she walked. Eunhyuk and the girls there, she could put it in the last for thinking about it now. What she wanted to care about right now, just dance. She liked dancing, and she wanted to try it in this school.

Arrived in front of the Dance club’s door, she held her steps. Didn’t immediately open it. Thinking for a while, praying that today wouldn’t be as bad as before, hoping that there would be no problem occur or even had to face the same problem like in the canteen. Donghae wasn’t with her now but she knew the incident in the canteen this afternoon still left in their mind. She just hoped there was no one who talked about it again.

After taking a deep breath, she bravely opened that double door and saw a lot of students she hadn’t know yet in there. The room was so spacious, too much for just a club. Mirrors were installed on every wall so it made the room look bigger with chocolate wooden floor. White lights were on the ceiling. There were big lockers were placed in the corner. And some big speakers there. She never found any school that had this kind of room just for club. So luxury that made her think this club wasn’t part of the school, like stands by itself. But couldn’t blame on it since the dancing maniac was the one who built and designed it.

Eunhyuk loved dancing so much. For him dancing was his life, his passion, his everything. He even spent most of his time in this room just for dance than in his house. He owned a dancing room in his house as well, but not as comfortable as in this club. Both were so big and cool but what made it different was the efforts that Eunhyuk put in. He built this room from his own money, and happily designed it -little bit help from Donghae as well. The one in his house was the dancing room that his parents built for him. He loved his club that he had been holding for more than two years. He loved every clubs in this school exactly, since he knew how happy it was when you did something that you like, that was why he sincerely helped to build a room for music club. He didn’t want to crush every member of music club’s dream. He knew how hurt it would be when couldn’t do something you liked so much again.  That was why he told his father to give some donation for every club. How nice he was.

But for some people, for Yoona he was still a jerk.

Yoona couldn’t hold but smile when seeing people dancing in that room. There were girls and boys who did pumping, moon walks, shuffle dance and some just sat and watched as well. She liked it, liked this moment. Even seeing people danced was able to make her happy. More gladly, so far she didn’t hear anyone talked about her problem in the canteen that afternoon. In fact, the major girls in that club weren’t gossiper girls but Donghae’s fans, the fanatic one.

“Yoona-ya” Hyooyeon calling her name when she found Yoona who was just standing by the door. “Come here” she motioned her to come.

Yoona recognized her place and spotted Shindong next to her, both waving their hand and Yoona smiled at them. She made her steps to come into that room. But the time Hyoyeon call out her name, some girls –Donghae’s fans welcomed her steps with their unhappy look.

The whispers about her started "What is she doing here?" 

“She is Donghae Oppa’s girlfriend, right?”

Even some mocked rudely at her “What a disgusting girl”

This time Yoona didn’t hear what his crazy fans said about her, or exactly tried not to hear it. The incident in the canteen taught her something, something that force her to be strong, to not care of something that could bring her down and not to face a weird people like them. So, when some girls in the dancing room were crazily talking about her and gave

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter