The Heroes

Butterfly Without Wings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"When I see her suffer, a small part of me dies. Soon there will be nothing left"

***

In The Canteen

Lunch Break Time

 

 

All eyes on them.

The whole student’s eyes, especially girls, focused on Yoona and Donghae who had just arrived in the canteen. When the scene of Donghae’s hand held Yoona’s wrist was a big concern in their thought, a big issue. Yoona felt alarm about it, she desperately wanted to release his grip right now, but didn’t have enough strength to do so. Some girl already looked jealous, some whispering to each other and most of the students started talking about the same thing now.

"See, she really has something special with him"

"Are they dating?"

"Is she his girlfriend or his sister?"

All tried to guess about their relationship, curious so badly, something that a gossiper couldn’t hold but talked about it. Donghae easily ignored it though Yoona couldn’t bear hearing the chatter and the whispers about her, her ears getting hot as she could hear almost all of their whispers. And what bothered her more was the way they looked at them. She didn’t wish anything else now except got away from that place.

But Donghae took away her wish.

He only continued of what he was doing to her, dragging Yoona to keep walking while holding her wrist. He led her towards the counter where students took foods. Donghae used his free hand to take the tray, the sauce and all the foods there. It made Yoona’s stomach almost growling at the sight of the foods in front of her. She lied if she claimed herself that she was not hungry. She even had swallowed her saliva repeatedly because she eagerly wanted to eat it right here right now. Even though Yoona had a skinny body, but never underestimated her when it came for food, it even took everything in her when she had decided to never eat lunch in this school, though it wasn’t forever. 

When Donghae had finished taking all the foods, he then brought it and pulling Yoona to an empty table. Donghae put the food on it and sat down. But Yoona just stood across him.

"Sit!” he demanded her.

Yoona felt so not comfort with the situation that was going on right now. She was almost depressed because of it, even hard to breathe freely. The gazes of the students had been no change, the whispers became more audible and her hunger had been defeated by it.

"Yoona, sit down!" Donghae told her with a little snap.

Yoona awared of his voice as she glanced at his eyes that was burning angry. Nothing she could do except did what he told. She sat hesitantly but never took away her stare of the students around her. 

"Eat these" Donghae told her to eat the foods that he took earlier.

Remain as before, she hesitated to do anything. She was afraid of what she did would bring to the big problem, and how she could eat with ease, when students looked at her suspiciously.

Actually, not only Yoona who felt annoyed by their gaze, Donghae felt the same as well. The difference was Donghae could ignore it easily. It wasn’t the first time he had been treated like this. Everytime he got a girlfriend, everytime! There was always a gossiper who talked about it and the stare of jealousy that was always there to welcome him. It was the most disgusting thing that he had ever experienced. But no one deserved his blame actually. It wasn’t their fault if they were going crazy about him. And it wasn’t his fault to have such a handsome face that was able to make thousand girls swoon over him, a cute and charming smile that always melted girls’ heart. He had a perfect face and a perfect life, every girl wanted him. Unfortunately he had been certified as a number one playboy in this school. Though he was a playboy, any girls who dared to make him as their boyfriend would be treated badly by his fans.

Donghae realized Yoona’s anxiety that caused by the students. He scanned the situation and found so disgusting with the students here. Though there were some who didn’t care about it and acted normally like nothing happened, but it was a minority and mostly boys. Unluckily, the students in the canteen at this time were filled by gossiper girls. If it wasn’t because he was still in his sense, he would slap them with the tray one by one just to stop them for acting like .

The two girls who sat next right to him in the different table, suddenly grabbing his attention because of their y stares. Both were like the other students.  They had been keeping an eye of them and whispering a bit loudly from the start. Their y mouth and words were echoing on Donghae’s ear. And it bothered Donghae so much so, Donghae shot them his death glared.

"Girls, what are you looking at, do you never see a couple like us eat together in your life hah?" Donghae said in a harsh manner and gave them his jerky look. He wished it could stab them, literally.

"Is she your girlfriend?" Asked one of a girl who sat next right to him loud enough and the way she stared at them and talked to him, wanted to be slapped.

The other students could hear that question. It created a silence moment in the canteen, not because they had stopped care about it but all of them also waited the answer now, whether it was from Yoona or Donghae. The Students were dying just wanted to know about it.

Yoona felt uneasy when the situation changed, when the students glued their eyes more on them. Though they all were quiet now, but it made her even feel more burdened and the question the girl threw was like a rock hitting hard her head. It took her mind away. She couldn’t think anything sensable. She just hoped she could pretend to die right now. She actually wanted to say something. Something that at least could tear away their curiosity. But she froze at the spot instead. She was too afraid to open , not because she couldn’t do it. She just had to be careful of what she wanted to do. She didn’t want to take a wrong step like what she almost did in the old music club room before. One word could probably lead her to a big problem again. Eventually she surrendered everything to Donghae, because she knew Donghae knew more of what they had to do right now since everything he did always brought her to the right place. She trusted fully her life in this school to him.

So, at this time Yoona let Donghae took over the answer without complaining.

"Yes! Why? Do you have a problem with that?" he answered it confidently, but his answer sounded so sarcastic.

His statement broke the silence moment perfectly. Because of what he said, all the students gasped, the gossiper in the canteen became noisy more than before. The big question in SM High School finally had answered. Yoona felt uneasy about it so much, because the topic of their conversation had changed now. She could hear some girl already called her , and anything worse than that. Never once in her life, she wished to have a y side, but at this time she wanted to have it so much so, she wouldn’t just sit on the chair only to hear what they said about her, but walked towards whoever insulted her right now and grabbed their hair, yelled at them and then bumped their head on table. She wanted to do it, but could only swallow their words instead. She just tried her best not to let her precious tears rolling down on her cheeks. It felt like threw away her pride if she showed them her weakness side now.

It was so noisy, totally noisy that Donghae couldn’t handle again. He also couldn’t think straight because of their y mouth and had no idea how to stop it. He didn’t care anything else but only Yoona now.  

"Yoona, just ignore them and eat these" was all that Donghae could say to her. He hoped his words could affect her and comfort her.

"How could I eat when these people is so busy talking about me" Yoona angrily against it, her voice cracked since she almost cried.

Donghae’s heart suddenly felt hurt when he alarmed that Yoona had a teary eyes on her. Because Yoona couldn’t hold again, she wasn’t like him who could pretend like nothing was going on now. She felt totally burdened and even became more insecure after Donghae admitted she was his girlfriend. What she tried to keep was finally revealed and it wasn’t a good thing.

She was tired for trying to be strong already, for trying like she didn’t care when she cared about it more than anything else. She wasn’t a girl who could easily pretend she didn’t hear anything they said about her. She wasn’t blind to see their death nightmare eyes glared at her. She didn’t do something bad to them, but they treated her worst. It stressed her, more than a mathematic and physic test did. And it even almost killed her. She screamed loudly in her mind to please stop all of these stupid things. Praying sincerely that someone, whoever it was, could stop all of these.

Her eyes glued at him, fixed only on him, asking him to do something to stop everything even the time if he could.

Donghae looked back at her and suddenly clenched his fist tightly. He was angry now. The situation was driving him crazy. And the way Yoona looked at him now, oh, it killed him inside and made him want to put the shotgun into the gossiper’s mouth and shot it now. He didn’t want Yoona to feel burdened for becoming his girlfriend. The more he saw Yoona’s eyes deeply the more he knew she was suffering inside and the more he wanted to release his anger. He probably could do something despicable, jerky, or cruel to them at the mere seconds later and If he really did it, it wasn’t because of they were annoying him so much, but it was for Yoona.    

At that time, when the student’s mouth was uncontrollable, when Donghae almost released his anger at them, Heechul suddenly appeared. He entered the canteen and sensing something crazy was going on there. He scanned the room and saw almost students inside were whispering each other, talking about something that he couldn’t hear clearly and caught their eyes fixed on some people in the table not far from him near the window. He tried to follow to where the students’ eyes fixed on and found a cute

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter