There For Her

Butterfly Without Wings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Every time l start to ignore and act as if l don't care,

there you go again showing up and messing up my mind.

***

School's Corridor, 2nd floor

 

 

SM high school, the prestigious school in Seoul, the most luxury and expensive one, the one that all junior high school students wanted to attend, in fact could only driving Yoona more than crazy. It tasted like death since her first day she stepped her feet in there. The students in that school were super abnormal. From the 4 jerks who liked to bully students cruelly, the gossipers who always talked about someone’s business and Donghae’s crazy fans that so over obsessed. Yoona already had a deal with all of them, the last time was with his fans and it was truly horrible. The situation and the condition didn’t make her felt like she was in the best school. The never stop suffer of her life in there, only made her feel like living in the hell. Yoona was still new in that school, nothing wise she could do even when she wanted to. The best ways to endure all her problems were just trying to be tough, strong and patience.

But after all the bad things happened to her, Yoona wasn’t sure who exactly deserved the blame? Students? Herself? Or Donghae?

Out from dance club room, Yoona could only walk limp that she even sometimes almost fell as she tried to strong and keep standing all the time. Her hand leaned on the wall in the corridor to help her kept walking. Her left leg supporting the moves as hard as it could while the pain one couldn’t do much. It felt more painful when she walked, hurt when she even just stood up but she forcibly supported her body to stand still and moved her leg to step over. Using all the strength left she had, she still couldn’t walk properly. The more she stepped over, the more she felt painful.

But, it wasn’t what she was worried about, because the pain in her leg she felt right now could disappear in a few days ago or week. There were so many treatments that she could get to cure it. She could take a pain killer or used an ice to make the swollen went away. She could really simply handle the pain in her leg. Yet the pain in her heart could never be healed easily in short time. The broken heart she got from those sick people was more painful than the pain in her right leg. Her heart wasn’t bleeding but it was hurt like hell. Yoona didn’t even know how to heal it but cried only, cried hard as it felt like her heart just literally torn apart by them. Both her heart and body was in total pain. No place in that school that really secure for her, no place that could make her smile or even happy again.

Yoona just kept walking to leave that school as she cried along way. Fortunately the corridor was quiet now, the students already went home at this time, only a few of them who still in their club so she could cry freely without getting worried about being attention from students. Without taking a break, Yoona stubbornly kept walking, still limp as she held the anger all the time in her heart. She wanted to get rid away of it since she didn’t know how to release it right now. What Donghae’s fans had done to her, of course made her sad, upset and angry but the pain both in her heart and leg was disturbing her mind more.   

After a few steps struggling to walk, she held her steps so sudden when she found a male student stood in front of her only a few meters away. She couldn’t see it clearly because her tears blurred her vision. For now, because all the things that complicated in her mind she didn’t care who, didn’t find out who he was as well. She just kept hardly walking while crying hard.

“Yoona?” A sudden voice calling out her name came from a guy in front of her. And it was the voice she knew so well, a male voice that she was familiar with.

Donghae,

A guy who was there, who was exactly on the way to his club to check her but after ascending stairs, he instead spotted Yoona who walked limp from not so afar in the corridor. He stood in the place seeing Yoona was crying while barely walking. Surprised when seeing her condition right now and had nothing in his mind to be thought except her. His mind almost got away when he found Yoona was hurt.

When she knew it was him, Yoona stopped her steps and held her cries that made her keep sobbing now.

“Are you crying?” asked him worry as he tried to approach her. Yoona immediately wiped her tears.

But seeing Donghae right now only made Yoona feel more hurt, a guy who she wanted to become his boyfriend a week ago was the one who had a big chance to take all her blame, her anger at this time. But did Donghae really deserve it when he was the one who tried to protect her from Heechul, the one who saved her from those ty mouths gossipers, the one who was worried when she didn’t eat lunch? But again, did he really deserve her thanks? Yoona didn’t know how to think right about him. She even suspected that he was exactly tried to make her suffer like this. Did he really do it? Yoona wasn’t sure about it as well. She chose to avoid him instead now, just kept walking again, wanted to pass him but he blocked her way.

Donghae held her arm “Who ing did this to you?”

No answer, she still held her tears that wanted to burst out at this time.

“Who Yoona?”

With that question, he created a silence moment. Donghae looked at her teary eyes, waiting for her answer but she avoided those brown eyes of his. He then looked at her right leg and found the dark blue color printed on it, it looked swollen. He bent down to check it. Yoona’s right leg responded, almost kicked him when he touched it, it already hurt when he even just slightly touched it.

For sure someone hurt Yoona, and her pain was like automatically creeping to his heart. What hurt her would surely hurt him as well. Donghae really wanted to explode at that time. The anger suddenly took over him. He thought that whoever did this to her must be felt the same too or even worse. For holding his anger, for calming himself, Donghae then closed his eyes, inhaled a deep breath and slowly exhaled it.

Still no words out from at that time, only a sob sound could be heard. Donghae then squatted, blocked her path and offered his back to carry her. It was so kind sweet gentle offer that she was truly appreciated, but she didn’t want to accept it. Yoona was still determined to walk with that such circumstances. She just didn’t want to count on him for the umpteenth time.

Yoona walked to pass him.

Walking beside him while he squatted, Donghae held her wrist.  

“You need my help, stop trying that you don’t need it Yoona” he told her in a low soft tone even though his heart was screaming seeing Yoona got hurt like that right now “Please”

Yoona bit her lips, hesitated if she had to accept his offer or not. But she had to think clearly now. She barely walked and wouldn’t even be able to descend the stairs by herself later. It would hurt her leg more. Obviously, she needed his help now.

Eventually, she accepted it then. Her small arms embraced Donghae’s neck and let him carried her body on his back.

With her skinny body, Donghae could lift her easily. Piggyback her, his strong arm sustained under her knees, supporting her to stand on his back while her hard breath was breathing clearly in his ear. A nervous pump of her heart almost touched his back. And all of it was the best feeling he felt right now. So close to her, and he didn’t want to end that moment.

“Who makes you cry? And who hurts you?” he asked in worry while descending the stairs, broke the silence between them.

But Yoona kept it. She was silent all the time, hadn’t answered all his questions so far and didn’t talk until he descended the last stair.

“Put me down now Oppa, I can walk by my self” her voice almost cracked for still holding her cries.

Donghae followed her command, he put her down slowly then turned around to see her “Answer me Yoona, what happened to you?”

Yoona avoided seeing his eyes. His question made her tears finally fall out of her eyes. She suddenly remembered how hard her time when she was in the dance club. The girls, his fans were frustrated her more than so much. Their gazes, their words, and their behavior were totally sickening for her. Yoona couldn’t hold but to cry again. Finally let her tears fell down in front of him. Donghae began to worry.

“Hey, why are you suddenly crying?”

For all his worry questions, Yoona still didn’t know how to answer him when she hadn’t even sure yet what words that he should get after his fans did the cruel things to her. Blaming him or not, angry or not, weren’t right things she wanted to do. In the end, she chose to keep silent again, leaving him no clue at all.

When her tears kept falling, when she kept her silent, Donghae took both her hands in his, held it firmly. Seeing Yoona cried like that was enough to make his heart broken apart. What he could do now was just never stop worrying about her, stood beside her, there for her as he hoped it could calm her.

“I don’t know who did this to you, but… please don’t cry”

His words were sweet, calm and soft but what she felt right now was still as complicated as before. Instead, she wondered why Donghae had to concern so much about her like that. She was his nothing, just his fake girlfriend. Yes, she did feel thankful for all the cares he gave but back when she thought about the one who had given her a strict gaze, bad words and the kick on her leg were his fans, she couldn’t feel anything but angry. She was upset, sad, tired for all the bad things she got. Moreover now, she was threatened couldn’t dance again for a while or even worse forever. Did Donghae really worry about her right now or laughed instead seeing her suffers like that?

For all the worry he felt, it was only more sickening to her.

“Can you please stop worrying about me when you don’t” Her voice mixed with her sob. Yoona slowly released his hold.

Donghae startled “What are you talking about? I’m worried about you so much”

“No you’re not, you just flirt with girls”

“So, does it mean I can’t worry about you? Or… are you jealous?” Donghae was planning to but,

“I’m sick of you” she gritted her teeth, gave him her angry strict gaze. Her words almost made Donghae s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter