Students with Label

Butterfly Without Wings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Loving you is like breathing. It's not a choice. It's a need.

***

On the way to the nearby store

 

 

The queens of gossip were in action.

The gossiper girls wanted to know the truth so badly and they needed Donghae to tell it now, no matter what. Because interrogating Yoona thousand times would only get stuck in the middle. She couldn’t tell them much since it was the truth that only Donghae could explain. And to get the truth, this was their chance.

“Oppa, tell us the truth now!” Tiffany’s loud voice echoed in his car. Sitting in the passenger seat beside him, her demanded-sound stabbed his ear. Donghae refrained himself for closing his ears so badly, but a groan clearly escaped from his lips. He knew already what the girls exactly wanted without any further command. His feet pushed gas in cars more. He hoped the best to immediately arrive in the store. His eyes fixed on the road, but he could sense Yuri’s eyes haunted him now. 

Putting himself together with girls like Tiffany and Yuri surely the worst situation ever, but the choice to refuse their request at the first place was gone and to keep them in silence was so impossible. Well, he never took their request though. It was them who forcibly brought him. And now with a single annoying statement from Tiffany, irritation already took over him. This would gonna be a long trip, he thought.

At the first time he knew them, he never wanted to have a deal with big-mouthed girls who had the curiosity about people over than normal. But it was too late, he was already trapped with them and thousand of questions would be shot at him soon, he sensed it. Yet he didn’t have a capability to shut them up alone unfortunately. Being one of the 4 jerks members –who had big authority in the school couldn’t even stop their big curiosity.

 “What do you mean?” asked him as he managed the tone of his voice was sounded like a native question tone, pretending he truly didn’t know it when he exactly knew many things.

 “…Your relationship with Yoona!” Tiffany answered as her eyes didn’t leave him. Never.

“I’m her boyfriend, what do you want to know exactly?” he stressed out.

“We want the truth Oppa!” Yuri added in annoying tone. The girl behind Donghae didn’t satisfy with Donghae’s sentence at all as she already noticed his fake question before.

He clicked his tongue, annoyingly “I’m telling you the truth!”

“We know it’s fake, Oppa. You’re just pretending, right?” Yuri spoke, a platitude words weren’t needed anymore for her. To immediately get the answer, she had to bring Donghae to the point even she had to reveal everything. “Yoona has told us!”

Those words made Donghae stopped his car in sudden. The latter made Tiffany and Yuri jumped to the front as their complaints came along. A curse words almost escaped from Donghae’s lips at that time. His mind blamed Yoona for telling a big secret like that to girls like them. He tried to cover it all this time, but how could Yoona just tell them? The anger was all over him. This was more than just worst.

 “Yoona told you both?” asked him, as the gritting teeth were halted back but his held on the wheel obviously tightened. Donghae tried hard to calm himself down instead, pretending like he was just alright with that even when his brain in a mess. Nothing wise he could think to comment about that or even about Yoona’s recklessness. The secret had been revealed though. Donghae could only managing himself to feel as calm as he could. Soon, he drove his car back.

“Yes. But… don’t worry, we won’t tell anyone and your friends about that” Tiffany glanced at her manicured-nails and then her twinkle eyes glued back at Donghae firmly –threatening him “If you tell us the truth!”

He was a gentleman. He claimed it, even repeated it in his mind like a mantra. And with that he hoped he could refrain himself to demand them to get down from his car right now. Threatening him –especially from a babbling girl like Tiffany was surely the most annoying sound he had ever heard.

But Donghae was the 4 jerks after all. He wasn’t called that for nothing. If they could threat him, then he could threat them back ten times more serious and creepy. “If you dare to reveal it to anyone or even to Heechul, I will make sure to rip apart your mouth, to put mud in your mouth every morning, understand?”

The girls gulped, Donghae surely didn’t sound like kidding. But Yuri dared herself to say “Only if you tell us the truth”

He stared at her through the driver’s rear view mirror. His intents eyes met with Yuri’s firm eyes, staring at each other like there was a strike of lightning between. It was so obvious that Yuri needed the truth so badly. His threat probably sent a slight of creepy sense, but it never stopped her anyway. Because this was their only big chance to get the answer right from him, and she definitely didn’t want to just waste it away.

Donghae promised himself that this would be the last time him together with the gossipers. And even if the world ended, they would be the last person he wanted to be with. Their threat was enough to make him dreadfully want to plaster their mouth now. But why his threat didn’t work at them that much –especially a tough girl in the back- suddenly disturbed his mind more. He expected that it could shut them up –it worked to Eunhyuk before. But in fact, Yuri even dared to challenge him back again.

Well, Donghae should’ve known that he wasn’t with the other jerks now, because him alone was just… a playboy for them.

After all, students didn’t label them as queens of gossip for nothing too. Those girls had that capability, the power of queens of gossip. It was a gift that they specially had. Yuri, with her firm eyes that were able to shot people as if dug deeply their secret at the place, and Tiffany’s blabbering that surely pierced people’s ears. That must be the reason why Yoona revealed the secret, he guessed. Because nothing could stop them, and no body could get away from them. With them together, they could forcibly open people’s mouth to talk. And for sure, no body could handle it. Even threatening them back with that kind of serious treat from him wouldn’t give big effect to those girls (he was the one who worried so much about their threat towards him now). A strong desire to croak the truth was still remained on their eyes. And as second passed by he used to keep silence, their eyes kept staring at him firmly, burning him right in his eyes as if thirsty about the truth of everything. For once in Donghae’s life, he was defeated.

“Fine, what do you want to know exactly?” asked him as he gritted his teeth. He didn’t even bother to hide how resentful he was feeling now.

“Why did you help her when Heechul Oppa bullied her?” Yuri inquired. Her heart secretly joy in happiness when she knew she won over him.

But he still didn’t want them to get the answer right away though. “Why do you need a reason to help someone? She needed help.”

The challenge posture she composed before was loosened by his answer. Well… that was true, Yuri admitted.

“Then why did you defend her?” Tiffany joined interrogating.

“Did you want me to let Heechul Hyung pour those worms on her head at that time?”

Yuri and Tiffany shut up for a while, to think that he was actually… right.

“Why do you visit her?” Yuri threw another question.

“Well, she is sick, Yuri. Do I need another reason to visit someone?” His answers made sense, truly answered their question very well.

But somehow it really annoyed them so much. Every question they threw was slammed back in such answer. It made the question sound stupid instead. 

“Aissh. It’s different Oppa” the girl in the back said in frustrated. “You’ve never done it to any girls, to anyone even.”

“Yeah that’s strange for you to do that” Tiffany added. Her narrowed-eyes tried to scan his mind.

“Really strange!” Yuri emphasized “And why do you treat her so special? You take care of her, defend her and visit her. You didn’t do it any of your girls, not even to Tiffany before…”

The past memory about Tiffany’s bad love story with him suddenly was brought by her. It made the girl in the front grumble low. Tiffany’s heart ached little of the mention about it as she glared at her strictly that Yuri had to respond it with a –sorry-have-to-mention-it- smile. But Tifany knew it wasn’t the time to have a quarrel with her now.

Yuri then resumed “That’s not so you, Oppa. You’re a kind of guy who often breaks girl’s heart or…” she glanced at her gossip partner, signaling something.

“Are you planning to break her heart too?” Tiffany and Yuri inquired simultaneously and that was able to make him flinch.

Donghae shot them his strict-glare. That kind of question somehow insulted him. But then, he sighed in defeat. His faint groan didn’t absent. He hated this situation and them so much. They even dared to bad suspect him just for getting the answer when they didn’t even care about it. But to make their suspicion clear, he had no choice but to give the answer now.

“I just love her so much, and I’m not planning to break her heart. Not even once.” He retorted. The tone of his voice was sure and even though his eyes fixed on the road only, Tiffany could tell from beside that his eyes also said so.

There was a long silence filled the atmosphere for a while. The girls exchanged looks as furrowed brows were created on their face. His reason was sounded rather absurd yet so sure. His answer somehow still didn’t satisfy them but truth to be told, it was the most make-sense answer he had ever said.  

Still, Yuri thought that it wasn’t the end of their question, “Why do you love her?”

That question earning a big sigh from his mouth, “Do you really need a specific reason to love someone, Kwon Yuri?”

“Well, I thought you’ve just met her.”

His eyes looked at her through the driver’s rear view mirror again. That tan-skinned girl was surely so tough, he thought. “So does it mean I can’t fall in love with her?”

The girls exchanged glance. The eyes talked something secretly. He noticed a doubt reflected on it, and was enough to annoy him. Donghae then stopped his car.  His charming eyes looked at them. This had to be told ten times more firm in the most serious condition, he thought.

“Girls, I love Yoona, that’s why I treat her specially. I defended her, helped her, took care of her, it’s because I love her and I’ve confessed to her too. Doesn’t it answer all your curiosity? And I’m seriously telling you the truth so don’t you ever once think that I’m trying to play her heart”

He pushed the gas pedal back. His serious-eyes turned to focus on the road as the long explanation from him before, was enough to put them in shock –even too shock to comment it. It was their very first time hearing the number one playboy in the school seriously talked about love. But that statement was clear enough. It completely answered their question. And it finally shut the girls up.

***

Donghae released a big sigh when the memory of him being interrogated in his car came across. Driving to the school with his car –the place where he was being interrogated, suddenly reminded him of the time when Yuri and Tiffany drove him crazy because of their sick curiosity.

“How could you make a friend with Tiffany and Yuri?” he talked, trying to grab the attention of the girl beside him, who was watching the scenery outside.

Yoona turned to look at him. She smiled lightly. “They’re nice to me.”

“But they have a big mouth Yoong, they are a gossiper. And how could you tell our secret to them?” he stated fretfully.

“Relax Oppa, they promise me that they won’t reveal it” Yoona let out a chuckle. They must be had interrogated him yesterday, she guessed. She wanted to know how the interrogated process was going, but then she noticed that he was so annoyed about it already.

He narrowed his eyes “How could you know that?”

“I trust them.”

“But I don’t, Yoong”

“Then that’s not my problem, Oppa” she sighed, and the argument stopped in there.

They, the girls and Donghae should really change their mind about each other, she thought. Yoona wanted Yuri and Tiffany to change their perspective about Donghae; he didn’t that bad exactly, so did him. Though they were gossipers, so far it didn’t bother her. They were kind and friendly to her from the very first day she came even. And that was what more matter. Their curiosity over people’s business might be annoying her, but as long as they didn’t reveal her secret, she was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter