Why He Helped Her?

Butterfly Without Wings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"No matter how many times they knock you down, I'll make you stand back up every time"

***

SM High School

7: 14 AM

 

 

On her second day to go to SM high school, she felt something, of course different from her first day she went to her new school when she walked now. Unfortunately, it wasn’t the feeling that she started to feel comfort with the situation and condition in that school, but it was something that burdened her instead. Her problem with the 4 jerks yesterday had left different impression or perhaps unusual impression that couldn’t be forgotten by students easily. Today, the awe gazes no longer be found on their eyes when they saw Yoona. The students who were whispering about how beautiful she was, or the envy stares, the sparkling eyes males, and the compliment words, were gone. But hey, it wasn’t because they were getting used with her stunning beauty or her super pretty face, they still amazed with it but the new impression that Yoona had left in their mind was more impressive and more interesting to talk about.

Still, all eyes on her, but this time was different.

Being bullied by Heechul on her first day wasn’t a big thing for them. Heechul was the king of bully after all. But got help from Donghae when being bullied by him was totally surprising. Donghae, one of the members of 4 jerks, the most handsome one, surprisingly against his friends yesterday. He, who was usually participating bully students, for the first time made a twist event in front of them. Donghae’s action was the main cause for making a new impression in people’s mind about Yoona.

That incident was a major topic of their conversations at SM high school today. Yoona was no longer a charming girl in their eyes. But the girl who had left a thousand questions in their mind. Why Donghae helped her? It was like a big question for them.

Yoona did realize that she would leave special impression on them after that incident. She knew that the people today would behave like that towards her because what Donghae had done to her yesterday was really weird and gave a thousand questions for herself as well. Well, she never really expected that Donghae would really help her at that time. So, why Donghae helped her also made her questioning it so much. But what beyond her expectation was how famous that incident in SM was. She wondered why yesterday incident could be known by almost all the students in SM high school. The students that she had never met before and not witnessing it even knew and talked about it.

In fact, students in SM liked gossiping.

Yoona couldn’t help but walked uncomfortable around them. If on her first day they treated her like a goddess fell from heaven, now they were treating her like she did a crime. She couldn’t bear about it again, so she walked faster to her class as she buried her head down.

Arrived in her class, she finally could let out a sigh of relief. She didn’t have to bear her burden feeling again when she finally free from people’s gaze, and the annoying words from their mouth. She tried so hard not to give a damn about the whispering and the way they looked at her before. But In the end, it only made her feel bad mood this morning.

“Yoona-ya” Yuri calling her name loudly the time when she saw her presence in class. She, who was talking with Tiffany in her seat, immediately stood up and approached her.

All students brought their eyes on Yoona. She became the main attention again.

Yuri hurriedly dragged her and freed her from student’s gazes. She pulled her hand and brought Yoona to her seat place. She pushed her shoulder to make her sit on her chair, and Yuri back to sit as well. Both Yuri and Tiffany stared at her deeply.   

Knowing that kind of look, Yoona started to get nervous. She knew these two queens of gossip would definitely interrogate her now. “Wh-what?”

“What is your relationship with Donghae Oppa?” Tiffany directly gave her a strong question, a question that got into the point, a question that could bring people’s attention back to her. All began to curious, waiting impatiently to hear her answer.

Yoona only gulped at first, couldn’t hold the sweats that trickling on her pretty forehead. She felt more nervous than before, Tiffany’s question and people’s gaze burdened her again.

“I- I don’t have a-anything special with Donghae Oppa” She stuttered.  

“Really?” Yuri asked her so seriously, at the same time like claiming her statement wasn’t a truth.

Yoona nodded slowly but sure, “N-ne, I’ve just met him yesterday. Really” But still felt nervous at the same time.

Yoona’s statement –which wasn't interesting for some students to talk further about it, made them get back to their own business after hearing it, and some still secretly hearing their conversation.

“Then why Donghae Oppa helped you yesterday?” Yuri who still couldn’t believe her, throwing another question again. A question that everybody was curious about and made almost all students use their ears well to hear Yoona’s answer for this one.

“I don’t know unnie, I’m also questioning it” Yoona told them, and it was the truth.

The Queens of gossip looked at each other, speaking something through their eyes. Both wore question expression. Impossible for them if Yoona had no idea about it.

“It’s impossible Yoona, he never did it to anyone, even girls at all. You are really the first one who get helped by him, must be something between you and him” Tiffany said to her as she furrowed her forehead that covered by her bangs. She couldn’t just believe that easily if Yoona really had nothing special with him.

Yuri nodded agree. Well, totally agree with Tiffany.

But before Yoona could give her opinions about it, suddenly their school’s bell rang, followed by the arrival of their teacher. First class began. So, all the students back to their seat. And what made Yoona feel better, Tiffany and Yuri finally stopped interrogating her.

***

During chemistry lesson, Yoona couldn’t make herself to focus at all. She didn’t even know what the topic her teacher talked about right now. Tiffany’s statement added more unanswerable question in her mind while there are a lot of questions that she couldn’t get rid off it. Questions which she and other people couldn’t answer and the one and only who could answer it. Donghae. A guy who created those questions in everyone’s mind.

What he did to her was very memorable for her. And honestly, at that time she was very grateful to him. Big thanks to him because those disgusting worms didn’t fall onto her head. Though she still didn’t know whether what Donghae did yesterday was able to stop Heechul to bully her forever or even worse. She could never stop thinking why at that time she made a hope to Donghae. Yoona also made another questions to herself.  Why yesterday she believed that Donghae would help her and why when her eyes met Donghae, she felt like she had ever known him. There were so many things that she couldn’t careless. She truly needed an answer from him, yet she was also owed a great debt to him.

"Yuri Unnie" Yoona called her-with unnie as an additional behind her name since Yuri was one older than her- in a low voice but managed to make Yuri turned her head to the right side to look at her.

"What?"

Yoona glanced to the front to see her teacher to make sure her teacher didn’t look at them, before throwing a question "Do you know where I can meet Donghae-ssi?"

Yuri’s eyes wide opened.

"Yoona-ya why do you suddenly want to meet him?" Yuri whispered softly to Yoona and occasionally looked forward, at least pretending to focus on Mr Oh Jiwon’s lesson, their chemistry teacher who was still busy explaining some of reactions now. Hoping he didn’t catch her talking with Yoona.

Yoona, herself was surprised about her desire to meet Donghae, but according Donghae was the key of the questions in her mind, she couldn’t hold it but to meet him. Besides, she also had to thank him

"I just wanted to thank him, because he had helped me yesterday" Yoona answered her still with a low voice.

But Yuri did not immediately tell her, she stared on Yoona’s eyes deeply and tried so hard to read what exactly in Yoona’s mind right now.

Yoona couldn’t hold to see Yuri was staring at her like that. She assured her “Unnie, trust me, I do not have anything special relationship with him. I really had just met him yesterday"

"I know, I know, I trust you Yoona, but ...."

“Unniee” Yoona called out her name. She was getting frustrated with Yuri who was still doubted it, this time with a quite loud voice that made Mr Oh Jiwon put his attention on them.

Yoona and Yuri immediately turned their face to the front, pretending to focus on Mr. Oh Jiwon’s eyes and luckily managed to make him resumed his lesson without having to reprimand them.

"Araso araso, they are usually gathering in the old music club room, you might be able to see him there during lunch break” Yuri finally opened the information to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter