Something To Fear

I Have A Secret

Chapter 22

The winter was coming. The cold was already seeping from the cracks and everyday was feeling more and colder in this room. Few blankets were not enough to hide from the coldness and she couldn’t start the fire in the fireplace.

She didn’t know how long she was locked in that room already. He didn’t summon her to do the dirty jobs anymore and she didn’t hear any sounds coming behind the door. Somehow it bothered her. The girl could feel something big heading this way and it seemed like nobody cared. Can they not feel it? Why are they not doing anything?

Suddenly the silence was interrupted and the girl could hear steps behind the door of her room. Soon the key was inserted in the door lock and the door was opened.

It was pitch black in the room and the visitor probably couldn’t see her curled in one of the corners. She couldn’t see the visitors face and probably he couldn’t see her eyes also. It was no use of her power she won’t get anything from it.

“Master is expecting you to attend today’s dinner in the main hale”

His voice was firm. It sounded like he was here not to play around. From the small light coming from still opened door, the girl could see his board shoulders and muscular arms. He would probably use force if needed and she would lose in this fight for sure.

“I am here to you to get ready”

It was an order and she had to obey. Slowly standing on her weak legs, the girl didn’t dare to move. Maybe, just maybe it will be a chance for her to escape...

“Don’t even think about using it on me. I can already see all of your moves”

The girl stopped breathing. She had no use in her power now. He will know every thought that will cross her mind. Even if it will be a quick wavering of thought he will sense it.

The girl stepped few steps near the light pathway that opened door formed. Her visitor was still standing all this time with opened door and one of his hands in the door handle. He was ready to attack if she will try to use something on him.

“Wait”

His raps voice ranged in dark room and she stopped moving. Her figure shivering and waiting for his order to continue. The visitor took something from his pants pocket and threw it near her standing figure.

“Put it on”

It was a black mask with covered eyes. He was being careful with her even if he knew that he could read her and sense any changes in her thoughts, but to her it seemed differently and small hope sparked inside her body.

Now she could see that he was tense standing in that doorway. He was a little bit afraid because he was not informed with what he was dealing. He knew about her as little as she knew about him. They were on the same step all this time.

The girl took the mask in her hands and slowly secured on her eyes. She was left in pitch black, but she was not afraid and he could feel that.

Slowly stepping in the room Doojoon still felt alarmed. Even if she looked fragile standing there shivering from the cold, he could definitely feel that she was not afraid of him.

Taking on of her arms in his hold, he pushed her towards open door and soon both of them stepped outside the cold room.

He tried all the time not to look at her even if she was with the mask. To him she was the thing he didn’t want to see at all.

He can still remember the screams the old man let out when he was locked in the room with her and master. He still can remember when he had to bring that man out of that room...

Doojoon had never seen face like that. Completely blank… It seemed like the spirit was wiped out from his body...

And he feared...

Doojoom feared that maybe there will be a day when he will have to experience it himself...

And at that moment he was right...

He will have to experience it sooner than he could ever think...