I Also Have A Secret (III)

I Have A Secret

Chapter 21

The winter was coming and Kikwang hated it. He could already feel the cold crawling under his skin, but also the strength of power slowly decreasing. It was getting harder to grasp the flames. He always hated this time of year, not only because he started to lose something inside of him, but also because he started missing home more than ever…

Did he still have so called home? Maybe it was already burned down and destroyed?

Shaking the appearing sad thoughts the boy directed his eyes to the calm flames that were dancing in the old fireplace. It was the only place he can find peace in this huge mansion.

It’s been few weeks already after the incident and the mansion was hidden in silence. That silence made him feel uncomfortable. It seemed like something big was heading this way but still nobody cared about it.

Sometimes Kikwang’s thoughts wandered to the girl, who was still hidden somewhere in this place. He couldn’t feel the warmth that radiated from her. That bastard locked her far away from them. She wasn't in this part of the mansion for sure…

His traits of thoughts were interrupted when the sound of opening door reached his ears. Another figure stepped inside the warm room that was only lit by the flames in fireplace. The figure moved towards one of the red armchairs in the room located not far away from the other boy, who was sitting here already for few hours.

Kikwang didn’t mind the other person at all. Maybe he even felt the most comfortable with him. The other figure didn’t talk much, but he was always in the midst of all the things that happened in this place.

As long as Kikwang could remember Hyunseung was already here when he was brought in. He could still remember his eyes looking from the shadows at him, who tried to break free. Hyunseung never fitted in this place somehow. He was very different from the others, but still Kikwang couldn’t figure out and he never asked any questions about it. It was not his place to ask something because he never talked about his life also.

“Did you know that we have new guest in the house? “

Somehow this sentence just slipped accidently from Kikwangs lips. He was worried about the girl and maybe, just maybe Hyunseung knew something about her. Maybe he knew where she was locked in, maybe he knew if she was doing fine and not hurt somehow…

But sadly the other boy appeared in this room for the same reason. He knew that only person that could give him some answers was Kikwang, but he was also at the same position as Hyunseung was himself. Both of them couldn’t ease the different burdens on their shoulders. Both of them didn’t know the answers…

“Yes “

That’s all he could say to the other boy. He knew that his brother brought something he was looking for a long time. If not that accident in the bus stop, she would have been still hidden somewhere in the society. If only she didn’t use that power…

Hyuseung could still remember the passion his brother eyes when he talked about her. Like she was the one and only treasure for him, like she was the only key to take over the power, but he was wrong…

That girl was special, but was she the one that the old signs were talking about? Was she really that powerful to destroy everything?

Hyuseung doubted it… He knew something more than his brother knew and now he needed to make a choice…

Should he leave everything as it is and let the so called master play whit her till she will go insane. This way he will keep safe his own secret and maybe he will have more time to think how he can return everything to the right places. Or should he try to help her, by putting in risk everything he has now and maybe even destroying the path for brighter tomorrow for everyone.

The choice should be obvious by now, but somehow he couldn’t find the strength to just leave her to die in his brother hands. There were already many that sacrificed their lives for this insanity… 

He needs to see her with his own eyes. Maybe this way it will be much easier to let the strange feeling in his chest go away. Maybe he could even say he is sorry for the thing he is going to do…

But little did Hyuseung know at that moment…

He could never imagine that this girl already knew how special the boy was that she met that night of the escape.  Even if she was young at that moment, she already understood that he will change the future…