Someone from the Past

Don't fall in love with me

- "Yun Hee, would you mind get some snacks for us?"

Jaejoong and Yun Hee had to stay until late at office finishing some documents. It was 11 p.m. when they finally arrived home.

- "I wouldn't mind, if we had something to eat. The fridge is completely empty"

- "Aish, I'm starving!"

- "Oh there's a convenience store nearby, I'll go there if you want to"

- "You don't mind? Really?"

- "Ne, it's okay. Actually I'm hungry too"

- "Thanks Yun Hee, you're the best!"

Yun Hee slightly blushed at his words. She got her jacket and headed to the convenience store. It was just 5 minutes away, so she got there quickly and grabbed some snacks, instant noodles and her favorite vanilla ice cream.
When she was making her way back to the apartment, she felt like someone was following her. She stopped and looked back. No one.
She kept walking and a few seconds later she had the same feeling. This time she decided not to look back but instead run to her house. Suddenly, a man's voice called her name and she felt a hand grabbing her arm firmly…

--------------------

- "What's taking her so long? Aish, that girl only gives me trouble…" - Jaejoong was stating to get worried. She was supposed to be home already. What if something happened to her? At that late hour she could've been robbed, or worst…

Without second thoughts, he grabbed his leather jacket and took his way to the convenience store. Even though it was Spring, the nights were still cold. The dark sky was starless and it reminded him of the empty look she had on her beautiful eyes when they were in Japan...
The poetic vision was erased when Jaejoong remembered he had to look for Yun Hee. He was almost reaching the convenience store when he saw two shadows far away. As he got closer, he recognized Yun Hee and…

Who?!

Jaejoong approached them irritated and asked angrily, almost yelling:

- "What the hell is going on?"

- "Oh Jaejoong, sorry I was taking so long, I probably made you worry…"

- "Of course you did! Anyway, this guy's been following you? Hadn't he learn his lesson already?" - Jaejoong tossed looking at the tall guy. He recognized him, he was the same guy from the bar. Looking closer, he was really good-looking. He was probably the same age as Jaejoong but he was taller and looked more mature and serious.

- "No, it was all a misunderstanding" - Yun Hee explained turning her eyes to the guy - "His name is Yoochun. He is… my ex-boyfriend's older brother"

Jaejoong froze dumbfounded.
There he was, standing in front of them, someone related to Yun Hee's painful past she was trying to forget, the past Jaejoong tried so hard to erase from her memory. The past that was prevent them from being happy… But what did that guy want?

- "About that night at the bar, I'm sorry" - the guy finally spoke - "I was frustrated Yun Hee wasn't recognizing me, so I probably looked a bit violent in your eyes…"

Jaejoong looked at Yun Hee. She nodded, indicating him she apologized already. But Jaejoong wasn't giving up that easily.

- "Then you should try to contain yourself. Next time I won't be so nice to you. Yun Hee, let's go home" - Jaejoong replied grabbing her arm and pushing her in direction of their house.

- "W-What are you doing?! I said it's okay, let go!" - Yun Hee retorted, pushing him away.

- "Maybe you should go… home, Yun Hee." - Yoochun said as he didn't want to cause more trouble - "We'll have plenty of time to talk later" - with this words he gave her a warm smile.

She smiled back and said: - "Ne, Yoochun-sshi. I'll call you later"

The guy kept standing there, looking at them, confused. But he wasn't the only one.
Jaejoong was walking fast in front of Yun Hee. He was feeling a mix of angry and confusion. Why was she treating that guy like that and being so mean to him? He didn't dare to say a word about it.
It was Yun Hee the first one to talk when they reached their apartment.

- "What the hell was that attitude?" - Jaejoong could see she was angry with him.

- "What attitude? I was just protecting you" - he replied taking his leather jacket off and siting on the living room.

- "Protecting me? Of who? I told you he was a friend!"

- "A friend?!" - he asked dumbfounded - "Now you call guys who treat you like that your friends?"

- "You were violent to me too. And here I am"

Jaejoong froze at her words. She was right and he didn't have arguments against her.

- "That was different"

- "Different?! It was exactly the same! Or even worst! I felt a thousand times more scared when it was you…" - there was sadness on her words.

- "You know I'd never hurt you" - Jaejoong was saying those words firmly.

- "There are many ways of hurting someone"

- "Aish, I'm going to sleep, I'm tired. Don't call that guy" - he said as he got up to head upstairs.

- "What?! Who are you to tell me not to call him?! My private life is none of your business, you jerk!" - she replied angrily.

Jaejoong decided to use the only way he knew to persuade Yun Hee. Seduction.
He gave a few steps in her direction and leaned to her, their faces so close she could feel his warm breath on .

- "I'm your boss and you're my girl" - he said with his seductive husky voice.

- "Your WHAT?! Since when?!" - Yun Hee exclaimed as she felt angry and confused, not getting a clue of what he was saying.

- "I told you, since that night in Japan, I'm not giving up on you. You're gonna be mine sooner or later and there's no escape"

Yun Hee felt a pair of soft lips against hers. The innocent kiss suddenly became passionate and aggressive, as Jaejoong started to bite and her lower lip, trying to gain access to .
 "Make him stop before it's too late, Yun Hee" she was thinking and tried to push him away by placing her hands on his strong chest, but just the feeling of his muscles made her even more .
His right hand, that until then was grabbing her by her waist, started to move down and grabbed her thigh firmly. At the same time, he pushed her forward until her back hit the wall, leaving her no space to move. She was about to give up and fall on his arms when he broke the kiss. Breathing heavily, he wrapped his arms around her in a tight embrace, as he rested his chin on her shoulder. Yun Hee got even more surprised when she heard him whispering to her ear:

- "Promise me you won't call that guy"

- "I can't promise you that"

Feeling defeated by her answer, Jaejoong decided to just give up. He kissed her forehead softly before heading upstairs, leaving her like that: shocked, confused and .

--------

The next day Yun Hee woke up early as usual. As she went downstairs to have breakfast with Jaejoong, he talked to her normally, apparently avoiding what happened the night before. She felt relieved.
She was talking about a meeting Jaejoong had that day when her cell phone vibrated, indicating she received a text message.
It was Yoochun.

*Hi Yun Hee, I'm really sorry if I caused trouble yesterday to you and your boyfriend. Is everything ok?
I'd like to meet you so we could talk a bit. Do you think you can go dinner with me next friday?*

 

"Boyfriend? Aish, he misunderstood everything!" she thought.

- "Who is it?" - Jaejoong asked as she kept staring at her cell phone with her eyes wide opened.

- "Oh, no one"

- "No one? You received a text message from no one?"

- "Aigoo, stop bugging into my private life!" - she retorted annoyed by his questions.

- "I see. It was that guy" - Jaejoong's expression became more serious as he looked down at his plate and continued eating in silence.

The atmosphere became awkward but Yun Hee decided to talk:

- "What do you have against Yoochun-sshi?"

- "He's related to the past you're trying to forget. I'm afraid those memories will make you hurt again, and I don't want that" - he replied seriously, still not looking at her - "also, I just don't trust him"

Yun Hee was feeling a bit happy that he cared so much for her. She decided to just tell him everything.

- "He asked me to go dinner with him next friday. I'm going" - Jaejoong suddenly looked at her at those words - "I feel like I need to do this so I can finally move on"

Relieved by her explanation, he nodded in agreement.

- "Let's go to work or our boss will fire us both" - he said chuckling as he gave her a warm smile, making her feel comfortable and confident.

"You sure are one of a kind, Kim Jaejoong" Yun Hee thought.

 


Hi everyone, how are you doing? I've been so busy with school, I'm glad I wrote this story up to chapter 16, or else I wouldn't be able to update it >.>

I hope you're enjoying it so far! If you have suggestions please say it!

Please comment and subscribe, thanks! :D