Searching for Hope

Don't fall in love with me

Time was passing by slowly and painfully for Jaejoong. He looked for Yun Hee everywhere; he was pretty sure he knew every building in Seoul by now. He tried to ask Min Ha and even her parents and closest friends he knew about, but he had no success. Just like she appeared in his life, she was gone. Maybe she wasn't in South Korea anymore. Yes, Jaejoong had in mind the possibility she went back to the USA. But would she go that far just to avoid him?

He was already desperate. Changmin and Junsu kept telling him how it was all his fault, and they were right. Jaejoong knew about it. Even if he found her, how would he tell her he loved her after she saw him with another woman?

Everyone was against him. Min Ha went to his house a couple of times just to insult him and tell him how Yun Hee changed after she met him. Her parents wouldn't even talk to him.

His world was falling down and he didn't know what to do. He didn't feel like working so he would just leave all his work to the other departments. He would spend his days either looking for her or depressing in his room.

One of those days he was staying in his room he heard the door bell rang. He still had the hope Yun Hee would come back so he stood up from his bed in a hurry and ran to the front door.

- "Yoochun? What are you doing here?" - he said surprised and disappointed.

- "Where's Yun Hee?" - Yoochun said angrily. Jaejoong looked down, almost embarrassed - "Tell me where she is!"

- "I don't know! I don't know where the she is! Do you think if I knew I would be here?!"

- "Look, I don't know what you did to her, but don't mind looking for her. Because I will find her and, when I do that, you better disappear from her life"

- "Who the hell do you think you are to come to my house and tell me what to do?!"

- "I'm her friend. I know how she suffered because of my brother. She had pain in her eyes back then. But then I met her when she was living with you and she looked like the old Yun Hee I knew, when she was still happy with my brother. I was going to leave you two alone, seeing how happy she looked around you. But you made her suffer, just like my brother did. And I can't forgive you that. She's going to be mine"

At those words, Jaejoong couldn't contain himself. He punched Yoochun with so much strength the guy ended on the floor bleeding from his bottom lip. He might broke a teeth or two.
Yoochun stood up and Jaejoong was expecting a punch from him, but instead of that, Yoochun just said:

- "I see, that's how you solve all your problems. No wonder Yun Hee ran away from you" - and with those cruel words he left, leaving Jaejoong back to his painful, depressing thoughts.

--------

Jaejoong wasn't the only one buried in his thoughts. Not far away Yun Hee was also wondering what to do next.

Her parents had a house near the beach, only a few hours away from Seoul. They used to spend their summer holidays there when Yun Hee was a child but by now the house was pretty much abandoned, and everyone seemed to forget about it. Luckily for Yun Hee the house was still in good condition, she only had to do some cleaning. All the old ladies who lived in that village remembered about her and her family and helped Yun Hee.

She was sitting on the balcony, watching the sunset. She loved to do that because it would always calm her down, no matter how crazy her heart was.
Almost a month passed since she left Seoul and she was now missing her parents and friends. But, of course, there was one person she missed more than anyone: that bastard Kim Jaejoong.
Yes, she was still so mad at him. Weirdly, at the same time, she was feeling like if she saw him that moment she would just run to his arms. She was missing him so much. She missed his devilish smirk, his playboy attitude and his jerk comments. She missed how he would just to leave her embarrassed. She missed his inappropriate questions when he was drunk.

- "You're so stupid, Yun Hee" - she muttered to herself - "You're here crying your heart out for a man that doesn't deserve you. I guess you'll never learn, will you?" - a tear was falling from her eyes.

--------

Jaejoong missed her so much it was killing him. He had to do something. After Yoochun's visit he was afraid he would find her first and take her with him. No matter how many times he looked for her in vain, he had to keep trying. He decided to head to Min Ha's house once again to see if she had news of her best friend.


- "You again? Haven't I told you to not come here? I don't know where she is and I'm as worried as you are" - Min Ha told him right when she opened the door for him, feeling a bit tired of him being so stubborn.

- "I thought you might have news" - he said sounding defeated.

- "Well, I don't, so if you'll excuse me" - she was going to close the door but Jaejoong stopped her.

- "Please Min Ha, promise me if you have the slightest clue of where she could be, you'll tell me. I can't take being away from her anymore, it's driving me insane"

Min Ha could see in his eyes he was being truthful and she also knew Yun Hee was probably missing him too.

- "Alright" - she sighed - "I'll see what I can do"

- "Thank you so much Min Ha, you don't know what this means to me! Thanks thanks thanks!"

- "Aish, enough! Now go away, I'll tell you if I have news"

Jaejoong left her house with a new strength.



Just a few days after that Min Ha received an unexpected phone call. She checked the ID: it was Yun Hee.

- "YUN HEE!! WHERE ARE YOU? ARE YOU OK?" - she yelled as she picked up.

- "Calm down, Min Ha" - she replied giggling - "I'm fine… I can't tell you where I am"

- "Why? What does that guy did to you?"

- "I won't tell you because you'll tell him…"

- "I'm just worried. And he is too, you should see him… He's been wandering around like crazy, he doesn't even go to work"

- "R-Really?" - Yun Hee asked feeling a bit guilty. For a workaholic like him to avoid work, he was feeling really bad - "Well, he better be feeling like that"

- "What did he do? Seriously, tell me and I'll beat his "

Yun Hee couldn't help but laugh at her friend.

- "Leave it Min Ha, I'll take care of it. I just need some time for myself. I promise I'll come back soon"

- "Promise?"

- "Promise"

--------

2 MONTHS LATER

Beep beep.

Min Ha woke up with her cell phone vibrating. She checked it, still half asleep, to see she had received a long text message:

*I'm going back to Seoul in a week. I want to spend my bday with my parents and you. I miss my bestie so much! But I think I'll miss the ocean breeze when I get back to the city…*

- "Omo my unnie is coming back! I can't believe it! Finally she-" - Min Ha was jumping around her bedroom but suddenly stopped at the realization of something - "Ocean breeze? Does that mean she's- OMO!! SHE'S BEEN THERE ALL THE TIME AND SHE DIDN'T TELL ME!! AISH, THAT GIRL! I'M GONNA HIT HER WHEN SHE COMES BACK AND- wait. What am I going to do now?"

 


It's ending, everyone...

I already wrote everything. I feel like I could write a lot more of this story but I'm also kinda bored of it.

So, 2 more chapters to go!

Please comment and subscribe, thanks (: