Soulmates

Don't fall in love with me

- "Yun Hee, I don't feel like cooking dinner tonight, wanna go out?" - Jaejoong said faking laziness, using it as an excuse to take Yun Hee out.

- "I can cook if you want to, I don't mind" - she replied innocently, not getting his intentions.

- "No, since it's sunday, let's go out!" - he insisted.

- "Alright, but I choose the place! I'll just grab my jacket"

Jaejoong sighed. He was going to take her to his favorite restaurant, a fancy one in the center of Seoul. But she gave him no chance.

--------

Jaejoong parked his car near Han River and they continued their way by foot, as Yun Hee assured him they were close to the place she chose.
When they arrived, it was a small but comfortable ramen shop, which offered an astonishing view to Han River.

- "I see why you chose this place" - he stated smiling.

It wasn't the type of restaurant he'd usually go to, but he didn't mind as long as he was with her.

- "It was my favorite restaurant when I was a child" - as she said this, a sweet smile highlighted her face, leaving Jaejoong amazed by it - "I came here so many times with my parents, and later with…" - her smile faded as the painful memories came back.

- "Your ex" - Jaejoong completed.

Yun Hee chuckled embarrassed.

- "Damn, it looks like the more I try to forget him, the more he comes to my mind. I'm sorry"

- "You don't have to apologize, it's not your fault. I know how hard you're trying to forget him and I want to help you doing it"

She blushed slightly at his words. Although she knew Jaejoong wanted more than being just friends with her, she wasn't sure about his true intentions. She was afraid he was just trying to take her to bed and then throw her away.
Yun Hee quickly changed the subject. They kept talking cheerfully enjoying their dinner.

After that, Jaejoong suggested they would go for a walk near the river. After 10 minutes walking, Yun Hee stopped and sat on a bench, looking up at the stars. Jaejoong sat by her side, staring at her. The stars were shining in her eyes and the moonlight made her look even more pretty.

- "The stars are so beautiful tonight" - she stated amazed, still looking up.

Jaejoong kept staring at her with a dumb expression. She realized and looked at him, but he immediately looked away. "What is he doing? Are we teenagers now?" Yun Hee thought, half annoyed, half confused by his attitude. He was behaving strangely that night.

After a few minutes of silence, Yun Hee said out of the blue:

- "Ne, Jaejoong, do you like greek mythology?"

- "Greek mythology? I guess I don't know much about it" - he replied surprised.

- "Well, according to it, humans were originally created with four arms, four legs and a head with two faces. They were extremely powerful creatures. Fearing their power, Zeus, father of gods, split them into two separate parts, condemning them to spend their lives in search of their other halves"

- "Do you believe that?!"

- "Of course not, I just think it's an interesting story. You know, for people who actually believe in love and the 'soulmates' thing"

Jaejoong bursted into laugh.

- "Omo you do believe it!! I'm shocked! Lee Yun Hee, the cold hearted woman, believes in soulmates!"

- "I-It's not like that! Of course I don't believe in such nonsense! And what about the cold hearted woman, I'm not like that!"

- "Yes you are! You never tell me about your feelings unless you're drunk"

- "Oh really? Then I'm telling you about what I'm feeling right now: I feel you're the biggest jerk I know" - she replied angrily and Jaejoong made a funny expression, making her laugh.

- "I believe in soulmates" - he stated after they both stopped laughing.

- "What? Hero Jaejoong, Seoul's greatest playboy, believes in soulmates?" - she said astonished.

- "What's the problem? I do believe there's someone out there who was made for me"

- "Since when you became that cheesy?" - she asked teasing him.

- "Since I met you"

Jaejoong couldn't control himself when it came to that woman, and he was afraid he said too much. But there was no turning back, so he decided to continue:

- "Remember what I told you when I hired you, that both business and love require trust and courage to take risks?"

Yun Hee nodded in agreement, a bit afraid of what he was going to say next.

- "Do you trust me?"

- "I-I…" - she was reluctant in answering him - "I do" -  she finally said.

- "Then" - he took a breath before continuing - "why don't we take a risk together?"

She was taken aback by his words. "Take a risk together? What the hell is he talking about?" she was thinking, still surprised looking at him. He realized he might have gone too far to ask her that all of a sudden.

- "Jaejoong, I…"

- "You don't have to give me an answer now. You can think about it and take your time" - he cut her.

Yun Hee sighed at his persistence. That question was too sudden, when she was still trying to figure out her feelings and Yoochun reappeared in her life.

- "I'm confused" - she finally was able to mutter, looking down.

- "It's that Yoochun guy, isn't it?" - he said annoyed.

Yun Hee looked back at him. Could he read people's minds now?

- "I-It's not that, it's just that I don't know what I'm feeling anymore…"

- "Then let's figure it out together"

- "Jae-"

Oh no, those lips she liked and knew so well trapped hers in a soft kiss, not giving her time to make that sentence. He leaned closer to her, squeezing her right hand tightly, making her heart beat rise. Shivers ran through her spine every time he moved his lips slowly, and she just couldn't resist that feeling. She didn't remember anymore they were at a public place; she grabbed his neck strongly and opened so he could kiss her with his tongue but, abruptly, he broke the kiss.

- "Sorry" - he said as soon as he realized his mistake - "I shouldn't have done this… but I just couldn't resist you"

Yun Hee looked at him speechless, still with her left hand on his neck. Strangely, she felt kind of mad at him, not because he kissed her, but because he broke the kiss so suddenly. He had just left her there, in the middle of it, begging for more.

- "Give me time" - she said as she got up angrily and headed to the car, followed closely by Jaejoong.

--------

- "Yun Hee, please, it's 2 a.m.!! I have classes tomorrow and I'm sleepy!!"

- "Aish you just don't care about me, do you?"

Min Ha sighed on the other line.

- "You know it's not that, it's just late and I have to go to sleep, so sum it up: what do you feel about Jaejoong-sshi?"

- "I'm physically attracted to him. A lot."

- "And about Yoochun-sshi?"

- "He has all the qualities to be the perfect boyfriend"

- "Then, problem solved: Jaejoong and date Yoochun"

Yun Hee made a long silence.

- "I'm hanging up"

- "Wait wait, I was just kidding, unnie! Now for real: just follow your heart. Don't date Yoochun-sshi if you don't like him. Maybe you should go out with him once more to figure out what you feel for him"

- "You think?"

- "Yes, do that. If he tries to kiss you, let him. That's the only way you can see if you feel the same when you kiss Jaejoong-sshi"

- "K-Kiss me? It's weird just to think about him kissing me, I know him for so many years now"

- "It's the only way unnie, you have to do it!"

- "Yeah I guess it is… Well, you should go to sleep! I'm sorry but I really needed to talk with you. Bye~!"

- "Bye bye~ Yun Hee, fighting!"

Yun Hee hung up. She turned off the lights but her cell phone vibrated.

- "A text message? What does Min Ha want now?"

She got surprised when she checked it: Yoochun.

*Hi Yun Hee, sorry to disturb you this late, but I couldn't sleep. Next wednesday night there will be a meteor shower and I was wondering if you wanted to go to the mountains with me to watch it.
Waiting for your answer.
Good night and sweet dreams*


- "Wow, this is perfect timing" - Yun Hee said chuckling - "I guess I have no other choice…"

 


Hello! How are you? Thanks for all the subscribers and comments! It melts my heart everytime I see I have a new one and it means so much to me!

I've been hell busy with school but I wrote some chapters in advance so I can keep the story updated and you don't have to wait :3

Please comment and subscribe, thanks! :D