First Day

Don't fall in love with me

Monday, 7 a.m.

Yun Hee's alarm woke her up for her first day of actually working. She didn't have much sleep as she was really excited. She spent almost all the weekend off at her best friend's house and her parents', so she didn't have time to discuss anything with Jaejoong.

She had a quick fresh shower, did her usual simple make up and hair and decided she would just wear black trousers and a white shirt. She headed to the kitchen, where Jaejoong was already preparing their breakfast.

- "Anyoungseoung~! Ready for your first day? I'm preparing you strong coffee" - Jaejoong exclaimed happily.

- "Oh anyoungseoung, thank you." - Yun Hee was feeling kind of nervous now that she was facing Jaejoong as her boss for the first time. They ate breakfast in silence and he only spoke when they were heading to Kim Enterprises' building:

- "Are you nervous?"

- "Just a little bit, but it's normal, I guess…" - Yun Hee replied reluctantly.

- "Ne, it's normal, but you don't need to. You'll see your job is pretty easy, and I'm 100 % sure you'll do great" - Jaejoong took his eyes off the road for a few seconds to give her a warm smile. She smiled back at him, feeling much more confident. He could be a erted jerk, but he was probably a great boss, just like his father was.

When they finally reached his office, he told her to go inside and wait for him. She did as he said and waited inside. When Jaejoong came back, he brought a known face: Junsu-sshi! Yun Hee felt both surprised and relieved to see him there.

- "Yun Hee" - Jaejoong turned to her smiling - "You already know Junsu-ya. He works at the economic's department, one of the most important departments. You'll work at the secretary right close to my office. You're okay with it?"

She nodded.

- "Great. Junsu-ya works on the office next to this, so every time you need something and I'm busy, just tell him. I'll trust him to show you the entire building and introduce you to the other workers. When you finish come to my office so the three of us can have lunch together"

Yun Hee agreed again and almost had to run to follow Junsu, who was walking really fast. "The building is huge, but do we need that much time?" she was thinking when Junsu interrupted:

- "I'm really happy you got to work here, and with such a great job"

- "Me too, I was tired of that job at the cafe"

- "Jaejoong might have a… rather difficult personality, but he's an excellent CEO, you won't regret working with him. However, I must warn you he tends to mix his job with his personal affairs…"

- "Oh you don't have to worry about that, I'm not that type of girl" - she instantly replied.

Junsu smiled - "I know you're not. He's weirdly happy today actually… Well, we must hurry if we want to visit every floor!"

They both entered the lift, Yun Hee still wondering about Junsu's words: "weirdly happy".



Jaejoong was right. It was about 1 p.m. when they finished and headed to his office again.

- "I'm starving! Let's go lunch" - he said without wasting time.

They went to a nearby restaurant and sat on a table by the window. They ordered their meals and started eating right away.

- "So, how was it? Did you like the building? Did you meet everyone? Is there something you didn't like?"

Both Yun Hee and Junsu bursted into laugh thanks to Jaejoong's worried look and sudden flow of questions. Jaejoong laughed too when he realized he was too anxious.

- "Everyone was really nice to me. The building is simply huge, so I guess I'll have some difficulties at the beginning to memorize all the departments… but it's just a time matter" - she finally replied.

- "In fact, hyung, everyone seem to respect and even fear her" - Junsu added.

- "Fear me?! What's with that nonsense? No one feared me!" - Yun Hee said surprised.

Jaejoong looked at her seriously: - "I expect them to fear you and respect you. You now have one of the most important jobs in this company."

- "You guys are overdoing it. I'm just a secretary" - she said humbly.

When they finished lunch, the three went back to the building. Yun Hee sat at her secretary outside Jaejoong's office and started to organize her stuff.

- "Can I give you a word, Jaejoong?" - Junsu asked.

- "Sure, come in"

They both entered the office and sat facing each other.

- "Is there something I don't know about you and Yun Hee that I should?" - Junsu was serious and looked rather aggressive at his approach.

- "What do you mean?" - Jaejoong had no idea what his friend was talking about.

- "You know what I mean. I've never seen you treating a secretary like this before, not even the ones you went to bed with. But I'm warning you, hyung: she's not one of those girls to have with and then throw away."

- "Aish, who do you think I am? Relax, I won't treat her like that… It's just I'm happy this time I feel she's the right one… I mean, the right secretary" - Jaejoong added as he saw Junsu's death glaring him.

- "I'll choose to believe you… It's just weird you trust her so much, you're not that type of guy"

- "Maybe I'm getting older and changing" - Jaejoong then remembered the talk he had with Yun Hee, how he lied to her saying he always trusts everyone - "Besides, the best way to find out if you can trust somebody is to trust them" - Jaejoong added in his perfect English, quoting Ernest Hermingway.

- "Alright Mr. Cultured. Don't disappoint me. Or her."

- "I won't" - Jaejoong replied with a confident smile.

The rest of the day went smoothly and with no major worries. Between phone calls, scheduling meetings and discussing business with Jaejoong, everything seemed perfectly okay. Yun Hee was finally working at a company! And such an important company! It looked like a dream. Or sometimes like a nightmare, when her pain in the boss decides to change from the respected CEO of Kim Enterprises to a jerk playboy. If we excluded that, Yun Hee's life was just great: an awesome job, living in an awesome house, with her friends and parents minutes away. And no man in her life. But would that last for much more time?

Yun Hee and Jaejoong were having dinner silently when he suddenly said: - "Ne, Yun Hee…"

He waited for her nod to continue: - "Thanks for your hard work today. I'm really glad I hired you, I feel like I couldn't find anyone better for the job"

Yun Hee's eyes widened in surprise and she slightly blushed before saying: - "I-I'm the one who's thankful you hired me… Aish, don't put so much expectations on me, what if I screw up?"

- "I already put" - he smirked - "But I can guarantee you won't screw up"

- "And what makes you so sure of it?"

- "Sixth sense"

Yun Hee laughed at his silly answer.

- "Sixth sense? Isn't that something women have?"

- "Usually it is, but I know women so well I got to know how that 'sixth sense' works" - he said making his seductive expression.

- "Oh really? Then how does it work?" - she replied teasing.

- "Aren't you a woman? You should know it by yourself"

- "I knew you were bluffing! There isn't anything like a sixth sense, it's something women made up long ago so they could get an advantage over men"

- "I see, that's how the world works for you: if there isn't a scientific explanation for it, you don't believe it"

- "Of course, is there any other way?"

- "What about emotions? You don't believe we have emotions?" - he was starting to get pissed off by her attitude.

- "Yes but emotions can't explain things"

- "I see you've never done crazy things for love… Actually, have you ever been in love?"

What the hell? That guy was talking to her like he knew everything about her! Who does he think he is to burst into her private life like that?
Yun Hee took a breath to calm herself down before saying:

- "Let's end this conversation here. I'm going to sleep"

- "Seriously, you're gonna get mad at me because of this?"

- "I'm not mad, I just prefer not to talk about it… Goodnight"

- "Alright, goodnight…"

Jaejoong watched her heading to her room, surprised.

"Aish, why is she so mysterious?" he thought. "I think you just screwed it up, Kim Jaejoong"

 


Hi everyone, sorry for the late update! I'll update the next chapter sooner 'cause I'm really excited about it!

Please comment and subscribe! Thanks (: