A Sudden Meeting

Don't fall in love with me

Tuesday of the 5th week at her new job. Yun Hee was working on her secretary as usual when Jaejoong called her. As she entered the office and closed the door behind her, he immediately said:

- "Prepare the documents with the specifications about the contract with Mr. Watanabe. We're leaving to Japan in 2 days"

Her eyes widened in surprise.

- "W-What? Japan? All of a sudden? Did he finally agree to sign the contract?"

- "Not yet, that's why we're going to Japan. He wants to have dinner with me to meet me personally, and of course you're coming with me. We'll be back by saturday"

Jaejoong was trying to sign this contract for months. It would be good both for Kim Enterprises and Watanabe Co., but for some reason Mr. Watanabe seemed a little reluctant about signing. Yun Hee knew this was a now-or-never situation, so they both had to work hard to impress Mr. Watanabe and give him the trust he needed to sign the contract.

- "Arasso. Anything else you need me to prepare?"

- "No, everything is settled down. Just make sure to take the most elegant dresses you have with you"

Yun Hee nodded and went back to her work.


Those two days went by quickly. Both Yun Hee and Jaejoong woke up early that thursday in order to pack their clothes. After lunch, they headed to the airport to take their flight to Tokyo and Kim Enterprises' private jet was prepared and waiting for them. They departed by 4 p.m.

- "Hey, you can sleep, it's still a 2 hour long flight" - Jaejoong said after the plane took off.

- "It's okay, I'm not sleepy" - she replied as she opened a book to continue reading.

Jaejoong raised his head to see what she was reading. It was a book in japanese. "Is she training her japanese?" he thought. Then he took a look at the title: "Kafka in the Shore" by Haruki Murakami. How could he not recognize one of his favorite books?

- “I want you to remember me. If you remember me, then I don’t care if everyone else forgets.” - Jaejoong said in his perfect japanese.

Yun Hee widened her eyes to him. Only after a few seconds she realized he was actually quoting the book.

- "Oh you read it?"

- "It's one of my favorite books, I think I've read it 4 times" - Jaejoong replied smiling.

- "It's the 4th time I'm reading it too."

Jaejoong kept smiling at her until she turned her attention to the book again. Was he just quoting the book? After that chat with Junsu and Changmin, almost two weeks ago, he kept thinking about it… What if he was really falling for her? What would be his chances? By the way she acted, none. She seemed to have closed her heart years ago, and that was something Jaejoong couldn't understand. What happened that made her like that? He never had the guts to actually ask her about it, since it was a private matter and he didn't want to burst into her life so suddenly. Maybe he should to try touch that issue softly, maybe she would open her heart…

Those thoughts kept bothering Jaejoong until the plane finally landed. The1 hour trip to the hotel was made silently. When they arrived, Jaejoong went to the hotel's reception:

- "Konichiwa, may I help you sir?"

- "Konichiwa, I made a reservation. My name's Kim Jaejoong"

The receptionist checked his name on the computer and called for a young guy to take their luggage.

- "Here's your card-key, Mr. Kim. Last floor, suite number 3"

- "Arigato gozaimasu" - Jaejoong thanked as the receptionist made a bow.

One room? Yun Hee was about to yell at Jaejoong when she realized it was better to wait until they arrived to the suite, she didn't want to make a scandal.
The young boy left their luggage on the suite and waited for Jaejoong to give him a generous reward.

- "Thank you so much sir! Enjoy your stay, Mr and Miss Kim" - the boy bowed and left them alone.

Miss Kim? Yun Hee entered the room, fearing she would find a huge circle bed like the ones you see on the movies… but no. Two double-sized beds. Two of them. Yun Hee sighed in relief.
Jaejoong seemed to read her thoughts, 'cause he said:

- "You were afraid our room would only have a single bed? I'm not that much of a jerk"

Yun Hee turned to him glaring.

- "I know you well enough to think you'd do something like that. Do we really need to be on the same room?"

- "Of course, we have tons of things to discuss before tomorrow's meeting. It would be a bother to have you on other room. Besides, we always sleep this close to each other, the difference is there is a wall separating us…"

Yun Hee hit him on his arm.

- "Ouch, what was that for?" Jaejoong exclaimed.

- "For you being a ert"

- "Alright, I deserved it" - Jaejoong said as he pouted.



The night of the important dinner arrived. Jaejoong and Yun Hee spent the day discussing strategies, and they were finally ready for it. Jaejoong was waiting outside the bathroom for Yun Hee, who seemed to take more time than usual.

- "Yun Hee, come on, we can't be late!" - Jaejoong knocked on the door impatiently.

"- Arasso arasso, I'm ready"

When Yun Hee exited the bathroom, Jaejoong's jaw dropped. She was simply beautiful. Her short black dress fitted her body perfectly, just highlithing the best parts of it. The huge heels she was wearing made her almost as tall as him. The red lipstick gave her a subtle touch of elegance.

- "You're not saying anything? Am I okay?" - Yun Hee asked as he wasn't muttering a word.

- "S-Sorry, you look beautiful" - Jaejoong felt an urge to skip dinner but he remembered to control himself. - "Shall we go?" - he said as he gave her his arm.

She nodded blushing and they went to the hotel's restaurant.

Mr and Miss Watanabe were waiting for them sitting on a table by the window.

- "Sorry we're late, Mr. Watanabe" - Jaejoong appressed to say as he greeted them.

- "In fact we came earlier, so there is no problem. We didn't know you were going to bring your fiancée with you" - Mr Watanabe replied while looking at Yun Hee.

- "Oh I'm n-"

- "I hope you don't mind Mr Watanabe, but my fiancée has never been to Japan so I took the chance to bring her with me" - Jaejoong cut Yun Hee before she could deny. She looked at him in shock but realized why he was acting: Mr Watanabe was a family man and probably he wouldn't see with good eyes the fact Jaejoong's mere secretary was accompanying him.

- "Of course not dear, we're glad we get to meet such a lovely and pretty young lady! Does she speak Japanese?" - Miss Watanabe replied.

Yun Hee smiled at her and decided it was the best to keep with Jaejoong's act.

- "I do, Miss Watanabe, although my japanese isn't the best, I'm taking lessons with my fiancé" - she replied in japanese while looking warmly at Jaejoong. They really looked like a couple.



It was 1 a.m. when the meeting was finally over. Both Jaejoong and Yun Hee were exhausted and Yun Hee sat on the couch of their suite, taking her painful heels off. The couch was turned to the balcony, providing a breath taking view of Tokyo. Jaejoong took two glasses of french champagne and handed one to Yun Hee before joining her on couch.

- "Don't you think we drank enough?" - Yun Hee asked but still drinking her champagne.

- "We have to celebrate, the contract will be signed for sure!" - Jaejoong was visibly happy - "And all thanks to you and your acting…"

- "You mean our acting. I think we should be actors, not business people" - Yun Hee said laughing.

Jaejoong looked at her and laughed too. He was enough drunk to make a stupid question out of the blue.

- "Yun Hee, what happened that made you fear love?"

Yun Hee looked at him surprised.

 


 

Hi everyone! Small chapter I think >.>

But you'll be rewarded on the next one! I have a surprise ^^

Please comment and subscribe, thanks! :D