Big Night

Home Sweet Home?

[A/N: It's been very long (6 months to be exact) since my last update. The rest of my apology is after this chapter but for now, I'm leaving a sort of reminder for you guys whom I have left for so long. Here's a small summary (for both you and me) if you're new then you can just skip to the chapter.

So Far: Kris found out that Tao ran away from his father with his mother and moved to Korea to not only escape, but also for him to have a new start. There hasn't been much progress with Suho and Lay, just being the parent figures of the household as usual. Baekhyun has finally persuaded Kris for Chanyeol to live with them. Kai still doesn't know what kind of relationship Sehun and Kyungsoo (which is now his boyfriend) have and he is reluctant to ask but determine to find out. Sehun and Luhan are still in their lovey dovey stage. and last but not least, Chen is determined for Xiumin to like him back by doing the weirdest of things, i.e, forcing/paying him to be his 'fake' boyfriend.

Enjoy the chapter.

Kai squints his eyes as he tries and concentrates. He tousles each and every part of his hair in an attempt of styling it both casually yet formally. He looks back and forth and back again to his reflection, trying to do and undo his tie again and again trying very hard to look as presentable as possible. Before he could be pleased with his appearance, Suho calls out from downstairs for him to come down.

After looking at himself for the nth time, Kai rushes as he picks up his phone and places it in his pocket and grabbing his black pair of socks. he rushes out of the his bedroom door but comes back after remembering a cruicial part - he sprays cologne on his wrists and rubs them on his neck just under his jaw line.

"Take you time, why don't you?" Suho immediately grabs Kai as soon as he's down and flattens his hair and tightens his tie.

Kai's face distorts. "Aww, I just fixed my hair." He says as he tires to tousle them back up, but Suho slaps his hand away and keeps his hair down.

"It's bad enough that you dyed it blonde."

"Yeah, dyed it. It's black again now, thanks to this, whatever this night is." Kai retorts.

"It's Kris' company's 25th Anniversary. At least try and remember." Suho groans as he moves on to his next victim to diminish all sense of style they've had.

Yes, it is the company's 25th anniversary, not the actual building itself, since that's pretty new. According to Kris, it was built only 5 maybe 6 years ago. The original place is still standing in the middle of busy Beijing, being managed by Kris' father. This one in Seoul is just one out of many branches around the world. Kris has mentioned it before that his older brother takes care of the branch in England.

Tonight is a big night. Everyone will be there. From the business' shareholders, to important clients. Kris wants to impress and entertain everyone and who is better in entertaining and impressing people apart from young and appealing bunch of guys.

"Joonmyun, I said I wanted them to look presentable, not look like a bunch of fatherly dressed coconut heads." Kris comes down, eyeing everyone.

After hearing those words, Kai, Sehun and Baekhyun simultaneously tousled their hair back in gentle spikes. Chanyeol on the other hand, quite liked what his hair looks like and so he keeps it as it is.

Ever since Chanyeol's move, he had been warmingly welcomed into the household by everybody. They treated him like family meaning Kai would crack jokes with him, Sehun would eye him weirdly before making a very smart observation, Tao gave him fashion advices and Suho and Lay would spoil him with food and motherly love. As for Kris, he's been, well, himself; laconic and undestanding.

"Thanks for inviting me as well." Chanyeol says and Kris looks at him.

"Well you do live here now. And you're also Baekhyun's plus one." Suho interjects.

Kai comes out of nowhere to in the conversation. "Wait a sec, we could bring plus ones? Why didn't anybody tell me? I could have brought Kyungsoo." he pouts and sulks in a corner, telling Sehun who couldn't care less about his problems.

"Is everyone ready? Oh my god, Sehun, your tie's all crooked." Suho panics as he rushes towards him.

Baekhyun blinks and points out, "Now, I know why Kris should be worried but why is Suho all panic-y?"

Although he doesn't get an answer, Baekhyun shrugs it off when Chanyeol suddenly interlocks his fingers with his. He grins to himself, feeling the tinge of warm pink blossoming on his cheeks.

"You look nice in a suit." Chanyeol whispers.

"You say that like I don't look good on any other days because Chanyeol, newsflash, I wear a suit at work everyday and we work at the same place."

Chanyeol shakes his head and slightly grins. "I was trying to be flirty. I guess that kind of thing doesn't work on you."

Baekhyun places his hands on his shoulders. "You don't have to be flirty because I have you already." Chanyeol looks down to his shoes, feeling shy and flustered.

"And you guys don't have to be ing gross in front of everyone." Kai makes a face of disgust. 

Sehun glances towards them and scoffs. "Please, Jongin. Like you and Kyungsoo aren't gross." He retorts. 

Kai pulls a face, mocking Sehun "like you and Luhan aren't gross as well. Making out everywhere like rabbits."

Sehun's cheeks tinges pink so he rolls his eyes to avoid further discussion about his and Luhan's short but often rendevous. 

"Oh my God! It's alreay past 7. We're going to be late." Suho exclaims as he ushers everybody out of the door. He feels a hand over his shoulders, lightly squeezing it. Suho turns to see Lay, wearing a face with a warming smile. 

"Calm down, yeah?" Lay laughs. "We won't be late. Kris is the host after all. They won't start without us." 

That doesn't calm Suho at all but, instead he panics even more and starts shoving Kai out of the door and into the car which was parked outside. 

"Joonmyun, please. It's okay. Slow down a bit." This time it was Kris who held on to his shoulders. Suho could only now sigh. 

Kris and Tao shares a car and so does Suho and Lay. Sehun and Kris rides with Baekhyun and Chanyeol. The ride to the venue is short and it only takes them a few minutes until they arrive. 

In front of the hotel, there were people dressed in the most expensive suits and gowns, getting their pictures taken by the press who were dotted around the area. The crowd were being filtered in, separating the honorable guests to the mere spectators and the media. 

A row of cars parks in front and the valets run immediately to open the doors and take their vehicle. Chanyeol rushes out and gives the keys to a staff and Baekhyun follows out. Sehun and Kai turns a few gazes with their looks and definitely get a few shots of their faces by the papparazzi. 

The second car opens and the audience reaction was similar. Lay politely hands the keys to a valet and Suho overly tips him, leaving the young man with his mouth ajar.

When Kris' car arrive, every single person who held a camera rush to the front to take a photo of the young entrepreneur. The guests also crowds, in awe of the charismatic aura he and also Tao emitted. The crowd wasn't  that different from a red carpet premiere, of course apart from the fact that this is probably more important in the business industry. 

After the hectic entrance, Kris separates from eveybody to practice and start on his speech and Suho lead the rest of the guys inside and set off everyone to meet and greet the important names. 

This of course wasn't the first event Baekhyun and Kai had been to. They've met the majority of the guests that came apart from the 'new moneys'. Baekhyun goes off with Chanyeol to greet some of the guest and Kai tries to avoid the women who had flocked him before by hanging around in the buffet area. Those thin trophy wives would never lay their hands on any food. 

Sehun, on the other hand, this is his first time attending such event. He didn't know where to start since Suho fled off with Lay and he really didn't want to be a third wheel around Baekhyun and Chanyeol. Hanging out with Kai was definitely not an option. 

He was about to take another step towards a man in a suit before a hand taps his shoulers. 

"What are you doing here, Sehun?"  A familiar voice say.

.

 

Author's Note:

alright, alright. Most of you probably thought that I was never going to update. Well surprise, . Thought you've seen the last of me? Hahah kidding. But seriously though. I do apologize. It's just that this year of school is quite important and my exams and essays are all due this semester/term. Okay, i can't make anymore excuses but I hope you're glad that I am actually back in AFF and am willing to finish this story for you guys. ^^ apologies again. 

Stay tuned for more fluff and drama. 

PS who is this familiar voice...!?!