A Day Being Kim Minseok (Part 1): XiuChen

Home Sweet Home?

Talking: XiuChen

[A/N: Dedicated to sowfeeyeah ^^]

  Morning ticks in and Minseok is awakened by his alarm clock. Habitually, he stretches both his arms and legs but instead of hearing his tired spine clicking, he hears a thud on the floor, followed by a painful sounding groan.

"Ugh, what the hell?" The man squints his eyes and rubs them as he yawns. He tries to stand up, supporting his back which had fell down on the hard wooden floors.

A small surprised shriek escapes Minseok's mouth, completely forgetting the fact that his boss, Chen, had stayed the night sleeping in his house.

With a hand on his chest, he heaves for air. "You scared the out of me." Minseok calms himself down as Chen managed to get back on his feet and back to sitting down on the bed. "I forgot you were here." he whispers, mostly to himself.

Minseok continues to stretch until a certain fact passes in his mind, reminding him about something agitating. "Wait a sec," His eyebrows creases in a disapproving way. "Last night, I told you to sleep on the couch. What are you doing here?"

Chen is speechless. It wasn't like he was going to confess that he stared at Xiumin all night until he had fallen asleep himself. No way Xiumin was going to know any of that.

Not in a million years.

He had promised himself last night before he fell asleep that he is not to utter a word nor show any sign that he may be developing some sort of positive feelings for Xiumin.

This is purely work relation. This is and will only be professional matters.

Despite his promise to maturity, Chen panics and stammers his first syllables. "I'm not on your bed. You bed just happens to be...underneathe me." He mentally slaps himself.

Minseok frowns in complete confusion. "What the hell are you talking about?"

"Ugh, just go back to sleep." Chen messes his hair up, frustrated before using two of us fingers to tip Minseok back on the bed. With him still groggy, he easily falls back,a accidentally hitting his head on the wall.

"Ow! Jesus." Minseok hisses as his whole body retracts, sitting back up and his hands clutching on his now currently throbbing head.

With a surge of panic, Chen automatically attends to Minseok, collecting him in his arms, pressing his lips on Minseok's forehead and rubbing the back of his head ever so gently.

Blood quickly rushes to Xiumin's cheeks, raising his temperature up. He hoped his cheeks weren't visibly red now.

"H-hey." He peeps out.

"Oh. Uh, yeah. Sorry." Chen immediately pulls his hands back to himself and rubs the back of his neck. "Are you okay?"

Xiumin presses his lips in a thin line. "Y-yeah. I think I'm getting a headache, though." He keeps his hands, massaging the beck of his head.

The time is currently 6:36AM and they had to be in the office by half-past eight. Since the building was merely a few bus stops away, Xiumin still had some time to shower and prepare for breakfast.

Chen urged to wear his own suit again rather than borrowing from Minseok's wardrobe, not that he minded his clothes though. (Actually he really wanted to wear Minseok's clothes for a day so he could be indulged in his scent- fruity tea, printing paper and after shave.) But he really also didn't want to completely break his promise.

Chen showers right after Minseok. Inside the bathroom, it is still a bit steamy with all the mirrors fogged up. He steps inside the warm shower, delving himself in the relaxing water.

He hears the faint sounds of footsteps and clangin of plates outside; guessing Xiuminis currently  preparing breakfast, hopefully for the both of them.

Chen unconsciously wished he was there with him. A little scenario forms inside his head where Minseok has his suit on, shirt not completely tucked in, tie hanging around his neck whist he cooked. And on the other side, Chen would be there, hair is still damp and only has a towel, wrapped around his waist as he watches him cook. Then their eyes would initially meet and the two of them would smile, approach each other before pressing his li--...What the hell are you thinking Kim Jongdae!?

Chen erases the scene in his head before agressively starting to wash his hair with- what a guess- Xiumin's Fruit scented shampoo and Mint tea conditioner.

What a commoner, he thinks. Non matching hair products. Chen scoffs yet he inhales the scent adoringly.

He steps off the shower and dried his hair with the available towel. His suit is already hanged inside the bathroom, so he guesses he doesn't need to go out with only a towel wrapped around his waist...Stop it, Kim Jongdae.

As soon as he exits the bathroom, he 's greeted by the sweet smell of food. He quickly does his tie and sits on the chair available by the island counter.

"Here." Minseok bluntly places the plate in front of Chen, not bothering telling him a nice thing like, 'I made you breakfast. Hope you like it' None of that came out of Xiumin's mouth. Well what did Chen ever expect.

On his plate, there is two pieces of French toasts and on the side, a strip of bacon. Minseok offers a cup of coffee, which he declines for a glass of orange juice.

Chen doesn't admit that Minseok's cooking is exceptionally delicious but with the grin sprawled on his face indicated so, except of course to the always oblivious Minseok, himself.

Hmm, a great secretary, a nice companion and an exceptional cook. Xiumin is definitely a nice candidate to be...No! Chen! Stop it.

Minseok tries to ignore the faces Chen pulls as he eats which the latter is unaware of.

They finish breakfast in comfortable silence and Chen, amazingly enough, offers to clear up the table and place the dishes in the sink whilst Xiumin got himself ready for work.

As the time ticked quicker, the two had left the house, despite Chen still looking a bit disheveled.

Whilst waiting in the bus stop, Xiumin stares at his hair before patting some bits down and straightening his tie. "You look better now."

Chen blinks, seeing the top of Xiumin's head as he fixes the tie. He pats him, appreciating his own work. "Okay bus is here."

The ride to the bus wasn't that interesting. The two kept to themselves but surprisingly enough, the two managed to sit next to each other without blowing one of their heads off.

 

Once the two had arrived in the office, they both go straight to the highest floor of the building, where the CEO to be- AKA Chen's office was situated.

The day had gone by pretty averagely. A few paperworks to be signed by Chen and a few phone calls that had to be transferred and a couple of letter to be typed up and sent.

Their shift had quickly ended and before Xiumin could get out and go home, Chen stops him by grabbing hold of his wrists, pulling him back.

"Hey. It's Friday." He says. "Wanna go for a drink?"

"Are you asking me out on a date?" Xiumin's squints his eyes.

"No."

"Alright then." he shrugs. What harm could it do? Drinking with you boss. Nothing right. "Just, no funny business. Got that?"

.

Author's Corner:

Decided to put in 2 parts. I am sleepy and I have school.

I will update tomorrow for sure.

I just noticed, XiuChen is super popular! ^^ KaiSoo needs some love, don't chan think?