Ambush: LuKai (Filler)

Home Sweet Home?

[A/N:INTRO CHAPTER TO FUTURE CHAPS And Don't misunderstand. LuKai will not have any sort of relationships apart from friends maybe even best friends. They are taken already. Don't get any ideas. Enjoy]

"Hey, do you sense some sort of tension in between Kyungsoo and Sehun?" Luhan prods Kai with his carrot stick on the cheek as he eyes Kyungsoo and Sehun who are lined up to get their lunch.

Frowning, Kai wipes his cheeks, stealing the carrot stick from Luhan and eating it himself. "What tension?" He also turns his head to watch Kyungsoo and Sehun who are now animatedly talking with each other. "I don't see tension."

Luhan sighs and shakes his head. "Because you're not looking properly." He thumps Kai's forehead.

"What the hell, dude?"

"Look carefully." Luhan gestures to Kyungsoo and Sehun. "Kyungsoo is the only one talking and Sehun is just nodding. This indicates that Sehun is avoiding contact with Kyungsoo. But! Since he isn't literally running away, this means Sehun thinks that whatever Kyungsoo is talking about isn't worth talking about."

Kai just frowns even more. "What the heck are you talking about, Sherlock?"

"I mean, Sehun is clearly avoiding a certain subject that Kyungsoo really wants to talk about. I mean, look at his pleading eyes."

By now, Kai's attention had drifted away from Luhan and was now staring at Kyungsoo, observing his actions and Kai's lips tug into a smile when his eyes meets Kyungsoo's and he makes a little wave.

"I don't know what 'tension' you're on about but the only tension that is in Kyungsoo is between him and me." Kai raises his eyebrows. "Wanna know what it is?"

"God, if you say u--"

"." Kai interupts, causing Luhan to roll his eyes, ignore Kai and continued with his food.

A few moments then, Kyungsoo and Sehun arrive at their table and both settled next to Kai and Luhan.

"Why do you always eat so quickly, Jongin-ah?" Kyungsoo frowns. "You could have at least waited for us."

"Kyungsoo-ah, it's food. I don't make food wait." He says in a joking manner. "Plus, I can just spend the rest of my lunch looking at you."

Kyungsoo's cheeks redden and Luhan makes silent gagging noises in the background.

"You could have done better, Kyungsoo." Sehun interjects and Kai fiends the look of hurt, putting his hand by his chest and gasping.

"Ouch."  

Lunch ends in a whizz and the bell is ringing again, signalling for the final period. They've spent their lunch joking around and their conversations either consisted of actually funny things which weirdly enough escalated to flirting and a lot of gagging noises were made.

Both Kai and Luhan had free periods but instead of heading home, they wait for Kyungsoo and Sehun who still have an hour of another lesson.

It's been quite often that Luhan and Kai are left with each other especially when Kyungsoo and Sehun decides to spend their time in the library studying and Kai would always invite Luhan to play soccer with him, wanting to avoid the presence of books in general.

The two heads down to the soccer field but unfortunately a PE lesson is being held their so they are forced to sit down under a tree watching, instead of them playing.

"Isn't that Kyungsoo's sister?" Luhan point at the flock of girls attempting to shoot  in basketball.

Kai squints his eyes under the sun, trying to focus whether she was actually there. Kai had a bad first impression to Kyungsoo's sister, Soo Kyung. He actually though that she had the 'hots' for Kyungsoo and even pointed out that she had s.

Kai would always cringe and face palm whenever he's reminded of that fact.

She was indeed there.

Kai laughs to himself as he remembers a conversation he shared with Kyungsoo about how he found it hilarious that her name is literally just Kyungsoo's name, just the syllables flipped around. Kyungsoo would turn really defensive and tell Kai repeatedly that 'no' his parents weren't just lazy.

"I bet she knows what's up with Kyungsoo and Sehun." Luhan says and Kai just gives him an incredulous look.

"Give up already. There is nothing wrong with Kyungsoo and Sehun." Kai vigorously shakes his head. "It's all in your imagination."

"Yeah?" Luhan challenges. "But do remember what you told me about Jiae?"

"Which bit? I told you a lot about that little ."

"What she told you about Kyungsoo and Sehun." Luhan states. "I bet Kyungsoo's sister knows what it's about."

Kai would be lying to himself if he said that this didn't struck him surprised. His curiosity grew and looked at Luhan.

"What are you planning?" He squints his eyes, suspicious of Luhan's playful eyes.

The look in his eyes didn't disappear but, instead he leans near Kai's ears and whispers his plans.

-

The final bell rings and the girls from the basketball court started separating and exiting the place.

Soo Kyung was chatting with her friends whilst carrying a basketball, until her arms are lifted up both sides, dropping the item and before she knew it, her feet were off the ground.

"If you excuse us, we just need to borrow your friend." Kai smirks as he held on to Soo Kyung.

Luhan smiles at her friends and as expected, they both get a flaunting response from the girls.

As the two walk away, Soo Kyung had her arms crossed and her  her feet dangling and kicking around, asking to be dropped.

"What the hell? Who are you?" She says as soon as Luhan and Kai drops her down gently, without giving the two a look, she becomes aggressive but as soon as her eyes lands on their faces, she recognizes them.

"Oh, sorry...Sunbae-nim." She bows slightly and bites her lip.

"No need to be so polite." Kai smiles at her.

"Yeah, we just needed to ask you some things." Luhan adds.

Soo Kyung nods enthusiastically. "Anything."

Kai and Luhan spares a glance at each other and their lips tug into smirks, almost twin like.

"As you know, I'm dating your brother." Kai starts and he's a bit disappointed with her response.

"Oh yeah." She realizes. "I forgot about that. And you're dating Sehun-oppa, right?" Soo Kyung point at Luhan and he smiles proudly.

"Sorry, Kyungie-oppa doesn't talk about you a lot."

Kai ignores her and makes a mental note to remind himself to apprehend Kyungsoo about this later.

"What did you want to ask?" She blinks repeatedly.

Luhan talks this time as he's perfectly aware that Kai is still trying to recollect himself from the information about Kyungsoo not talking a bout him a lot, sink in his head.

"It's about Sehun and Kyungsoo?" Luhan starts. "We know that they're best friends and everything but.."

"Yeah, the best of friends." She adds.

"But did something happen to them or anything like that?"

Soo Kyung gives them both a suspicious look. "I don't know if this is my line to say. Shouldn't you ask them yourselves?"

She had a point. Why didn't they just go straightforward with Kyungsoo and Sehun themselves.

"We know but, we kind of want to know what we're dealing with first before we actually say something." Kai intercepts, finally regaining his compose. "We don't want to cross any lines."

Soo Kyung looks convinced and she sighs, giving up. "Well, it isn't like a big secret or anything. Everyone in our old school knew what happened so I guess it won't hurt to tell you a bit."

Kai and Luhan pump their fists in success.

"But I can't tell you everything. You have to ask oppas, yourselves. Plus, I don't know the inside story. I just know the basic bits." Soo Kyung looks apologetic.

So then, Soo Kyung tells both of them what had happen a few years back. The incident that drove Sehun running away from his own home and away from his friends.

-

After bidding goodbye to Soo Kyung, Luhan and Kai are speechless ever since they heard what happened between Kyungsoo and Sehun

When they reach the outer gates, they both see Kyungsoo and Sehun waiting whilst chatting animatedly with each other.

Kai feels uncomfortable watching Kyungsoo interact with Sehun.

It's been hard for both of them. pretending like that this whole time.

Before Kyungsoo and Sehun realize that they are near, Luhan pulls Kai back and whispers to him.

"I think we need to help them talk things out, don't you think?" Luhan says.

"Yeah, I've been thinking that, too." Kai nods, agreeing.

Sehun notices Luhan and Kai's presence and he runs up to them and so does Kyungsoo.

"What took you guys so long?" Kyungsoo asks as he stands by Kai's side.

"We were the one who had a lesson." Sehun adds.

These two need help, immediately.

.

Author's Corner:

...

Tell you their past...soon.

>:D