Snow is Cold

Moonless Nights
Minho put the last of their bags in the trunk while Taemin signed the contract and paid the deposit for the rental, smiling as they sat next to each other and Taemin leaned over to kiss him once he was behind the wheel.
 
“Okay, so… I checked in and we’re all set to be at the cabin tomorrow night. We have the ski resort and little community through tomorrow afternoon, and then we can go shopping and hole up together in the cabin…” Taemin grinned at the human and kissed him again before getting the car into gear.
 
“You checked in with Henry and Amber, too?” Minho confirmed, smiling as he settled into his seat. Just as Jonghyun and Kibum had done with the leading coven in England, they had needed to get a visa of sorts from the ruling vampire coven in Canada. There was hardly ever a problem when vampires went on long vacations, but if there was an accident and they needed help, it was important to have support. Taemin would need blood while he was there, and the visa would also allow him access to the resources he would use. The cabin they had rented was up in the mountains, secluded, and Taemin would also have permission to hunt if he preferred.
 
The drive to the resort was beautiful, much different than the busy city they came from. It was even different than the countryside in Korea that they had visited, different animals in the distance and terrain that was so new. It was a long enough drive and they already had been cooped up in the plane enough that they had to stop twice to stretch their long legs and stop by a bathroom, but once they reached the resort, it was well worth it.
 
Minho hadn’t ever gone skiing or snowboarding, and Taemin was very much amused as they worked together to get him through the easy slopes. It was decided still early in the day that Minho had experienced enough of that ‘stupid idea’ to last all of his lifetimes, and the pair went to a cozy lodge instead for food. Food was something Minho could handle.
 
“Oh, so Henry and Amber aren’t really in charge yet?” Minho tilted his head at his boyfriend, brows furrowed in confusion.
 
Taemin shook his head and smiled. “No, they’re not in charge yet. They will be before long, when Amber’s aunt steps down. Her aunt and uncle are still the leaders of the coven, but they’re in China on business and thought it best to give the youngsters a preview of what they’ll have to deal with. They’ve been training to take over for a while, so this is good practice for them,” he explained around a mouthful of amazing food.
 
The amazing food didn’t last very long, not with the two poor starved boys inhaling it as they were. Minho was surprisingly fond of shopping, and with their hands joined once more, it was out into the crisp air they went. Minho made Taemin try on half a dozen hats before one was decided on, then bought two so they would match. Taemin did the same with gloves, but he also got a muff that let them hold hands with their skin touching, but also keep away the chill. Neither of the grown men were afraid of being too mushy, and before they had realized how much time had passed, it was time to turn in for the night.
 
Even though it was only going to be a one night stay, Minho had wanted to make things really nice. This was still a celebration, after all. He’d booked a room with a cozy fireplace and great view, and a large tub big enough for both of them and jets to shoot out the water, to make them feel even better.
 
“Minki could swim in there,” Taemin laughed when he saw the tub Minho was filling. He pulled his boyfriend closer to kiss him slowly, pressing him against the wall and sink and tub and every step toward the tub once they were undressed. He smiled and stepped into the water, pulling the younger with him and climbing into his lap because he just needed more and more of Minho’s mouth. Minho tried to pull his attention back to the amazing tub, sighing when he found himself speechless from all the kisses.
 
The human finally managed to push Taemin to the other side of the tub, sinking into the water deeper and letting out small sighed moans. “Baby, I think we need one of these. No matter where we live, how many houses we might cycle through, this is one of those things I don’t think I want to ever live without,” he moaned again, eyes closed even though he could imagine the look on Taemin’s face. The last moan as he sunk deeper into the bubbles was extra loud, just for his boyfriend, and Minho grinned this time as he found himself with a lapful and a mouthful of the other man.
 
Taemin smiled once he was satisfied with the kissing, turning around in his boyfriend’s lap to just let Minho hold him. One of his favorite things had always been how Minho loved to just hug him, how his boyfriend was so easily pleased in their relationship. That wasn’t to say there was no ual frustration because Minho was easily pleased, and didn’t need to go further, but Taemin found himself not minding as much. They hadn’t even gotten weird with Minho’s toys again, since that one night at the human’s mother’s. The vampire smiled as his boyfriend’s arms pulled around him tighter, just relaxing against him and doing absolutely nothing.
 
The water had turned rather chilly by the time they climbed out of the tub, wrapping in towels just long enough to not go to bed wet. Minho was ever worrying about his boyfriend, making sure his hair was dry before pulling Taemin to bed with him. “I love you,” he whispered, the vampire’s cheek before letting himself drift off. He didn’t catch Taemin’s response, but he didn’t have to hear it to know that the same words came from his lover’s mouth.
 
~*~
 
The drive to the cabin deep in the woods took longer than scheduled because Minho kept needing to stop and just look at everything. Everything being the giant white nothingness that was between them and their destination. Taemin laughed quietly when they finally got to the tree line and Minho just couldn’t shut up about how excited he was. They each had an ATV, one to actually use and one for backup. There was a small trailer behind Taemin’s to carry the supplies, but he still beat Minho to where they were parking. It was another half hour hike to the cabin, and Taemin sighed happily once he took the boards off the door and walked in.
 
“I can’t believe you found this little place. It’s perfect,” he beamed at the human, helping him settle one of the bags. He found the hand-holding muff, smiling more as they walked together to get the rest of their things. It was taking longer than expected, and Minho was colder than he’d counted on, so the vampire unhitched the trailer and pulled it closer to the cabin to help.
 
Minho gave up on helping altogether and stocked the wood stove. It was already half ready, and he sighed in relief as the flame grew, warming the small area around it. The fireplace was trickier because he was starting from scratch, but it was ready before he had time to really start complaining. “Hey… Hey babe... I did it,” he grinned proudly at Taemin as the vampire dragged in the last of the supplies. He was still grinning when his boyfriend looked at him patronizingly and shook his head.
 
“What would I do without my big strong manly man?” Taemin laughed again and pulled Minho closer to kiss him softly. “I really love this place though. And we can just be together the whole time, just you and me… Not having …” he teased, biting at Minho’s pout.
 
As if to prove a point or make up for the wait, Minho pushed Taemin against the wall this time to kiss him. He dropped his gloves to the floor, tugging off his hats first and then Taemin’s to hold his hair and deepen the exchange of saliva and tongues. “Maybe I’ll have to show you how good I can be after all, as a human,” he murmured, smiling at the instant desire in Taemin’s gaze. “Soon…” he added and pulled away, laughing to himself as he felt the vampire’s gloves hit him in the back.
 
Taemin was mumbling to himself just out of earshot from his boyfriend, opening the wardrobe to put their things away and being dramatic with all the drawer slamming and hasty bags openings. That was until Minho hugged him from behind and kissed his neck.
 
“I’m sorry, baby. I didn’t mean to tease that badly,” the younger male whispered, sliding his hands down lower as he nipped at all the right spots of Taemin’s neck. Or, according to Taemin’s current mood, the wrong spots because they were making it hard to stay angry.
 
There was a break from organizing their things while Minho apologized more efficiently, the cabin warmed enough to stay just lightly dressed as the human rinsed his mouth with a long drink of warm tea. He sighed comfortably and pulled close to Taemin on the couch, blinking awake several minutes later.
 
The vampire was pouring the last of the cans he’d opened into a pot, then glanced over to smile at his boyfriend as he the burner and dropped the lid on to let the soup cook. “Shouldn’t I be the one sleeping, after you made me feel so good? Or was I boring you?” he shook his head at the taller man before sliding into his lap and resting his head on his shoulder. “I love you, Choi Minho. I love you long time, berry mooch,” he whispered in an overly exaggerated accent just to be cute. Minho just shook his head and kissed the top of the younger’s head in response.
 
The rest of the day was lazy, everything already done. Taemin finally pulled Minho to bed and showed him forgiveness from his earlier apology before they got to sleep. Taemin was mindful enough to restack the fire so Minho didn’t freeze to death in the night, then cuddled closer to him and kissed him slowly while the human fell asleep. He sighed quietly and slipped out of bed, pushing his feet into his slippers and his arms into a light sweater.
 
The moon had only half appeared again, but it was enough light that he could see for miles. His eyes were red as he looked over the landscape, smiling softly as snow began to fall. It was cold the longer he waited, the pile atop his head growing tall enough to not melt anymore. Taemin stayed there for a long time, lost in his thoughts, before he shook his head free and brushed himself off. The cold seeped into him more than he’d meant it to, but when he stepped back inside the cabin and saw the other man in the soft glow of the fire, the only thing he felt was warm.

A/N: Happy New Moon!~~
It's more filler, but it's fluffy and necessary.
Comments are appreciated, but thanks for reading anyway! :)