Awkward...

Moonless Nights

"Mother..." Mrs. Kim sighed, rolling her eyes and shaking her head a little. "What she means, Minho, is to ask whether or not we can trust you with our family secret. If you think you won't be able to function properly enough with this knowledge, you have two options."

 

Minho chewed on his lower lip a little, sighing in relief when Mrs. Kim took over talking. He tilted his head to the side, biting his lip a bit harder. "What would those options be, if that were the case?" he asked softly, hoping it wasn't offensive to simply ask.

 

"Option one is we strap you to the table and you dry right here and now," Jonghyun said solemnly, causing Minho's blood to run cold as it drained from his face. The corners of Jonghyun's lips twitched as he tried to fight his laughter, which failed horribly when Kibum pulled on his ear and smacked his chest a few times.

 

"Behave yourself, Kim Jonghyun," the chestnut haired man glowered at his mate, which Minho had taken to mean more of a long term boyfriend than husband.

 

Mrs. Kim shook her head exasperatedly at her son before turning back to Minho. "The first option would be for you to stay here as Taemin's master until his debt is repaid. You would live here and likely adapt your lifestyle to fit ours after a time. The second option, which is just slightly more dangerous for you, is for your memory of this whole ordeal to be wiped clean. But the longer you stay, the more we have to erase, and the more dangerous the procedure becomes. You'd also have to revoke your claim to be Taemin's master and clear his debt."

 

Minho fiddle with his fingers, fidgeting in his seat as he listened. This was definitely a lot to consider all at once. He took a deep breath and looked down, trying to think about what he should do, but there was too much going on in his mind for him to focus.

 

"Would it be okay for me to take a few hours?" he inquired of his hosts. He looked to Grandmother, Mrs. Kim, and Kibum all in turn for an answer. "I'd like to think more seriously about my decision rather than answer on impulse, if that would be alright," he added quietly to explain.

 

Mr. Kim finally spoke up. "I think that would be a fine idea, young man," he told the human, rising as breakfast was over. "Taemin, please accompany Minho back to his room and see to his care."

 

The boy nodded and stood quickly, gesturing for Minho to do the same. The others on his side of the table stood with him, and the whole group made their way up to his room. He wasn't sure why they'd all followed him, but at least he wasn't scared as he was joined on the bed by four others, four vampires.