Oops?

Moonless Nights

Minho blinked rapidly as he listened, his eyes widening even further as Taemin called him Master. What the is that? he thought in shock when he thought about everything he had just heard. And Taemin admitted that he had fed from his blood, so he really was a vampire then, right?

 

The dark haired man slowly turned his gaze to Kibum, shrinking back a little as he saw the look of displeasure on the other man's face. Minho tilted his head in further confusion. Hadn't Kibum been pushing Taemin to say all those things?

 

"Will someone please tell me what the is going on here?" he whimpered. "Taemin here..." he pointed at the boy. "Taemin was all beat up and tied to a post, then he attacks me and my blood, and then I wake up here from what I still kind of hope is a nightmare. Kibum umma? Last I checked, only women can become mothers. Then again I thought Taemin was a girl when I first saw him from behind, maybe it's a vampire thing?"

 

Minho wasn't sure where he was going with anything, but he wasn't stopping now. "And now he's apologizing and calling me 'Master'? You said coven, that's more than a two person group. How many of you mon-" he stopped himself, because he couldn't bring himself to really see them as monsters. He felt a twinge of guilt as he saw Kibum's jaw clench and Taemin look like he'd been slapped in the face, even though he'd cut himself off.

 

"I..." he started, sighing a little and slouching his shoulders. He chewed on his lip for a few moments, feeling the silence grow thicker and thicker with every tick of the second hand on the ornate clock hanging on the wall. "I'm sorry," he whispered, and then shifted on the bed so he could take a couple steps on his knees toward Taemin. With shaking hands, he reached up to take the boy's hands gently.

 

"I don't think you're a monster," Minho said softly, rubbing the backs of Taemin's hands lightly. "I was scared and I'm still pretty confused, but that's no excuse. "I'm sorry," he repeated and lowered his head a few inches. He leaned forward and softly touched his lips to the boy's knuckles before slowly raising his gaze and giving just barely a hint of a smile. "You're not a monster, Taemin."

 

The boy blinked several times, his eyes getting wetter and wetter each time they opened. Finally, one tear rolled down the corner of his eye and he pulled his hands back, covering his mouth as he sniffled and fled from the room.

 

Looking at the door in confusion, Minho turned to the brunette who remained. Kibum sighed and looked back at him sympathetically. "He was tied up and beaten by a couple of, I guess for now you can think of them as purebloods or something, who call him a monster and a little weakling. So that word really gets to him, and then you turn around and tell him he's not a monster..." Kibum sighed again, then rounded the bed to place his hand on Minho's shoulder and squeezed lightly. "Get some sleep, you're going to be staying here for a bit."