Trust

Moonless Nights
Jinki waited for Taemin's eyes to return to normal, taking a deep breath himself. "Calm down," he said softly, crossing the room to place his hand on his cousin's shoulder.
 
Minji stepped beside her boyfriend and placed her hands over her stomach as she bowed at the waist. "It's very nice to finally meet you, Taemin," she said quietly and stood up straight once more. "My name is Gong Minji," she told him softly, waiting for the real meaning of her introduction to sink in before opening again. "And I would be in your debt, Lee Taemin, if you would help me."
 
Taemin's eyes opened even wider. "Gong Minji? The same Gong Minji who is the youngest daughter of the most powerful witch coven in the country?" he gaped, taking a step back in disbelief. "I can't believe you, Jinki," he breathed, still in a small daze as Minho moved closer and pulled him to the couch.
 
"Yes, that Gong Minji," the witch nodded slowly, smiling gently at her boyfriend when he gestured for her to sit in the large comfortable chair in Minho's living room. "I'm sure you have questions about how and when this happened, so Jinki and I will tell you everything. And," the woman bit her lip and glanced over at the father of the child she was carrying. "And if you would prefer, if it would make you more comfortable..." Minji pulled her sleeve up slowly and held out her arm to offer her bare wrist. "I'll give you access to my mind, Taemin."
 
"Minho?" Jinki called softly, swallowing dryly and taking a deep breath as he hands balled into tight fists. "I need you to... I can't be in here when he...." he trailed off, shaking his head a little. He kissed Minji deeply, closing his teeth around her lower lip for a moment before dragging Minho to the bedroom. "Keep me in here," he said firmly.
 
Although he hadn't quite officially decided yet, Taemin avoided eye contact with the woman, the witch, in the room with him. He finally looked up, though, as Minji cleared pointedly.
 
"Do you think this is easy for me?" Minji asked, looking slightly impatient. "This is just as awkward for me too, you know," she said quietly. "I'm giving you access to me, but all I'm expecting from you is the chance for me and the man I love more than anything, the father of my child, to explain ourselves."
 
Staying silent, Taemin rose to go into Minho's kitchen. He pulled a sharp knife from the correct drawer, walking back to Minji slowly. He toyed with the weapon, er... utensil, as he stood before her again, the woman having moved to the couch. "I don't cry easily, so I hope you're not hoping for anything from me," he said quietly. The vampire knelt down and took the witch's hand, just staring at the faint marks already on her wrist.
 
"I don't want your tears tonight, just your ears," Minji told him gently.
 
The younger nodded and moved his hands up to the other's elbow. "I may not be able to accept it just yet, but I'll listen to what you both have to say, and feel," he gave a soft smile before looking down to concentrate as he pressed the tip of the knife through Minji's skin and into the vein in the crook of her elbow. Taemin's eyes barely started turning red, his need to feed already well sated. His fangs came out slowly as well, but he was careful not to let them pierce her flesh, still calm as he sealed his mouth to her skin.
 
Oh my god... Taemin thought as the witch's warm blood filled his mouth. The thick liquid tasted different than anything he had ever had flow on his tongue before. It was warmer and fresher than anything packaged, and so much cleaner than any animal he had ever consumed. Even different than Minho or the occasional human fountain, Minji's blood was, it was electric.
 
Jinki closed his eyes as he saw the sharp knife Taemin had chosen to cut his girlfriend open, trying to pull his mind away from everything he knew was happening in the other room, just beyond one relatively flimsy door and one relatively weak human. He shook his head and paced away from the door, conflicted about just how thankful he was as Minho leaned against the door to block him in better.
 
"He's in there with her. Minji is my girlfriend. My ing pregnant girlfriend," he muttered, pacing back and forth quickly. The moment he smelled her blood, saw through Taemin's eyes as the younger pulled her arm closer to his mouth, he launched himself toward the door, red eyes glowing in Minho's face.
 
"Jinki listen," the human tried, not able to do much to push Jinki away. "you know Taemin. Taemin loves you. Minji loves you. It's okay, Jinki, breathe. Just breathe," he whispered, finally just sighing once he knew there was no reasoning with the much older man and staying firmly in his way.
 
As the witch's thoughts started becoming clearer to Taemin, he slower until he could finally pull away. He the woman's arm gently to clean away any blood he had spilled and to heal the small cut carefully.
 
"So?" Minji asked softly, rubbing her arm a little and giving him a gentle smile as she lifted him to sit on the couch next to her. She kept her hand in Taemin's while she closed her eyes and remembered everything she had seen in the park the night before she got pregnant. Taemin's eyes widened as he watched himself get beat up, but he could feel the witch's concern for him as well. He blinked when she also revealed what exactly Jinki told her when they left.
 
"He trusts Minho that much?" the yet to be ignited vampire whispered, not realizing yet that his eyes had filled with tears. He closed his eyes as she showed him again how he was injured, but this time, he could also feel that she admired him, for being... His eyes closed tighter and the wetness trailed down his cheek slowly. She, this witch, Gong Minji, admired him, for being so... so brave.
 
"Yes, Taemin, he does," Minji murmured, cupping his cheek and wiping his tears with the soft pad of her thumb. "Jinki loves you, Taemin, and he believe in Minho just as greatly as his faith is in you," she told him in a murmur, watching tears collect on her finger before she pulled it away from his face. "Now, can you, Taemin, trust me?" she asked the younger man before her.
 
Feeling the air in the room change a little, Taemin blinked his eyes open to see the wetness on the tip of the witch's thumb. "It's insane, completely insane, but yes. Yes, I'll trust you, witch," he barely nodded and pushed Minji's hand toward . "Minji, I'll trust you, Minji," he corrected himself as her lips parted and she tasted his tears slowly.
 
The older woman blinked rapidly, her eyes becoming more and more clouded every time they opened. She didn't realize it was happening, but instinct made her lean forward for more tears. Minji still had the mind to press her lips to Taemin's cheek in a gentle kiss before her tongue peeked out to collect the rest of his fallen tears. She didn't notice how those cheeks had heated, the vampire blushing slightly as her warm tongue swiped gently over his skin.
 
"Ah..." she murmured once her visions of Taemin ended. "We're not usually supposed to reveal much unless the other person asks us a direct question, but I suppose a little friendly advice would be alright. If you'd like to hear it, that is," she offered the boy softly.
 
Taemin looked toward Minho's bedroom door, knowing the two men inside were probably anxious and wondering how everything was going. He took a deep breath before turning back to his cousin's girlfriend and nodding. "That sounds nice, actually," he finally gave a soft smile. "If you think it would be good, I would really like to hear it."
 
"My advice to you has two parts, actually," Minji started quietly, taking his hands into hers. "The first thing is this... Treasure that man in there who loves you. To say Minho is meant for you is to say the oceans are wet. He is the greatest treasure the stars will ever give you."
 
The vampire's eyes widened, almost filling with tears again. If he was to be honest, he had had some doubts about Minho, about whether or not he could truly love a weakling like himself. "And, the second?" he finally managed to whisper to the witch.
 
Smiling as the younger's whole demeanor changed, Minji nodded slowly. "Yes, and the second part," she said gently. "Don't give up. It may seem like your lost battles mark you a failure, but the war is far from over, Taemin. One day... One day the tides will turn for you, young vampire."
 
While the second bit of advice he was given was less clear, Taemin nodded nonetheless. He understood the importance of what she said, just not how it was important to his life, not yet anyway.
 
"Minho? Jinki?" Minji called softly, knowing that the exchange was over and the men in the other room were likely more than ready to come out and see how things had gone.
 
As the bedroom door opened, Taemin immediately felt how angry and upset Jinki was, instantly moving back, away from Minji. He jumped behind the chair the witch had occupied earlier, barely peeking out to see what was going on.
 
Jinki was across the room before Minho had even reached the doorway, eyes burning deep red as he pinned th woman to the couch and crashed his lips upon hers ferociously, staking his claim on her once more. He bit through Minji's lip this time, not at all liking the thought of anyone else touching her or tasting her blood.
 
Seeing the way Jinki flew to his girlfriend, Minho walked slowly to Taemin and pulled him up. He hugged his vampire to him and kissed the top of his head.
 
"Taemin..." Jinki said quietly one Minji succeeded in pushing him back a little to break the heated, driven kiss. He narrowed his eyes at the younger and lifted his hand, curling and uncurling just his index finger to beckon Taemin to him as he stood and took a step closer.
 
The still unignited vampire bit his lip, shaking his head up to Minho when the human started to protest. He smiled gently at his boyfriend and touched his fingertips to the man's lips to silence him gently. He took a deep breath before turning toward Jinki and looking up at him hesitantly. He bit his lip and nodded when the elder raised his eyebrows expectantly.
 
"Jinki..." Taemin tried quietly, bowing at the waist until he was parallel with the floor.
 
"That's all you have to say? My name?" the older man glared and reached out to grab Taemin's chin, holding it a bit too firmly to pull the younger's face up, his grip on his jaw tightening as he stared intently at Taemin's face.
 
"No, Jinki, I'm sorry," Taemin said quietly, cowering back a little, as much as he could with how firmly the man was keeping him in place. "I know she's yours, Jinki," he told him quietly. "Her blood is hers, and it is yours. I'll never touch her again, I swear," he said firmly, sighing in relief as he was finally released.
 
Minji shook her head a little, even though she had been expecting a reaction like this from her boyfriend. "Jinki, baby," she said gently as she stood slowly, placing her hand on his forearm and pulling him back, closer to her. "I'm fine, love, just fine." The witch shook her head once more in amusement, sitting on the couch and patting the seat next to her. She waited until Minho was in the soft recliner, Taemin pulled onto his lap, before addressing the two youngest men in the room.
 
"And so, with everything between Taemin and I settled, I supposed the two of you would like to know how the youngest daughter of the Gong coven of witches and the third in line to succeed the Lee coven of vampires met, much less, how they fell in love.

A/N: Happy Full Moon!~
Hi hi! Isn't Minji a nice lady?
See you on the New Moon!